“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Lee's Summit
West Chester, Ohio
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is a nice updated hotel with spacious rooms. The breakfast was good, but the breakfast room is small when the hotel is full and breakfast only goes to 9 am. The pool and hot tub looked nice, but because we were there for a wedding with lots of activities, we were unable to use the pool because it closed at 10 pm even on the weekend. One more hour would have been nice for both the pool and breakfast. Front desk staff are not the friendliest and they seemed a little short staffed when the hotel was full. Same person was trying to run the front desk and the breakfast. Overall, no real complaints. Decent hotel for a fair price.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor if you don't want to hear footsteps and water running.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boonville, Missouri
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have stayed here twice over the summer and both stays were very comfortable. The hotel is nicely renovated. Our double rooms were larger than usual. All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. Breakfast was as expected, however the coffee was not so good - my only complaint. Their location was close to plenty of resturant choices.

• Stayed July 2014
Gretna, Nebraska
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very nice property. Not far from restaurants and Legacy Park area where our tournament was held. Appeared to be a newer property with fresh furnishings, or we had a room that isn't used much on the third floor. Wi-Fi is available and breakfast is included as well. Majority of parking is on the back side (East) of the building.

Room Tip: Top floor was fine for our group.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We only stayed one night which was good because I might not have got much sleep had we stayed more. Hotel was nice and clean and the breakfast was good but very busy so not much room for families to sit. We did not get to the hotel unitl after the games Friday night so we were finding it in the dark and did not realize we were right by the highway. As long as the air conditioner was running you did not hear the outside noises but when it shut off you could hear all the highway traffic and noise.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you may not want to stay in a room on the back side of the hotel next to...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had a two room suite which was perfect for us. The staff on the other hand, left much to be desired. The gentleman checking me in had no clue what he was doing and the manager on duty didn't seem to have the time to help him. When he did come to help, he scolded the man for not knowing what to do. I felt very uncomfortable. The woman checking me out said she would have to email me my receipt. I had to call to finally receive this. The manager on the phone, who is very hard to understand because of his broken english, was rude, never apologized for the fact that he "got too busy to take care of it" and that I had to call back. He actually laughed at me on the phone. I asked him what was funny and he tried to explain audit to me. I saw no humor in the situation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bulson09
Missouri
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It looks great on first impression, but small things add up. None of the handles in the tub/shower are attached to the wall. There was a leak from the jacuzzi tub that was a permanent wet spot in the room we had. The breakfast was included but not like the other hotel we are used to. We stayed two nights and had three different rooms with family members. The suite room was very nice but the pull out couch had no sheets in the room. We had to go to the front desk for the bedding. It was pretty clean and the staff was mostly nice. One gal in the evening seemed to ignore you unless you specifically asked her a question. Very average!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Alton, Illinois
Reviewed June 14, 2014

There's a very spacious feel to everything here. Both walking into my room for the first time and entering the stairwell I felt taken back a bit with larger areas than I had been expecting.
I found my room to be clean and comfortable which is all I really needed.
There's a back door I was able to park next to and that was right by the elevator as well making it easy to get all of my stuff in. I found all the staff I interacted with to be very friendly and accommodating.
If I'm ever back in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Lee's Summit
Hampton Inn Kansas City Lee's Summit
Unity Village Hotel and Conference Center
Best Host Inn Plaza Kansas City South

Been to Comfort Inn Lee's Summit @ Hwy 50 & Hwy 291? Share your experiences!