“Best Spinach/ Artichoke Dip Ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd street
Kansas City, MO
“Best Spinach/ Artichoke Dip Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is in historic downtown Lees SUmmit in a lofty building. Such cute atmosphere. Exposed brick walls, high ceilings. They have the best spin artichoke dip in the world. All pastas are great. Must get a sangria carafe!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank SMFS

“nice...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

have been here several times.everytime was very good.try the baked zitl

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank beenthere1320
Kansas City, Missouri
“Quaint Place, Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

This place was a nice change of pace for us. Its in a very cute hole in the wall in old town Lee's Summit. It was pretty busy when we were there and it was prom weekend so I cant really complain about the wait. We were seated quickly considering they accept reservations (which we didnt have) and they were preping for a party of 8. In terms of size, its a small place but I think thats what makes it so quaint. They have a small bar at the front where you could sit and have drinks while you wait. We didnt have anything but there were several people sitting at the bar having a good time. The food was very good. I had the angel hair pasta and my husband had pizza. The bread had to be home made because it was so fluffy and warm!! Everything tasted very fresh and was piping hot when it came out. The waitresses were working extreamely hard. We ended up waiting a bit for refills but every table was filled. We didnt mind because we werent in a big hurry. The prices are what you would expect from a nice italian resturant. I would highly recommend a trip to Ciao Bella.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank ReesaL
“Great Hidden Gem in Downtown Lee's Summit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Admittedly, I have driven by this place and never gave it the attention it deserved. A Groupon special was e-mailed to me, and I decided to give it a try. WOW. Glad we did. My husband tried the Chicken Giorgio, while I ordered the Fruitte de Mare. Both meals were zesty and full of flavor. Mine was loaded with assorted seafood, his had tender chicken and delicious artichokes hearts. I actually preferred my husbands meal over mine, but that is just my personal opinion. The meals came with a wonderful house or caesar sald. We each had the house, again - great! Had croutons and the works. The biggest hit was the fresh warm bread and the AMAZING special soft butter (I was told it is a secret family receipe). I could go in and eat the bread and butter all day long, and I am not a bread person! We did not have a dessert, we were too full! We each had plenty of leftovers for another meal.

The service was good, we were immediately seated. Our waitress was attentive and readily explained the menu to us when she learned we were new. My only complaint was when I asked for parmesan cheese, she never did bring it, I had to go to her and ask again. Otherwise, tip top service. We arrived at 5:40PM and found the restaurant to already be 1/2 full. It is obviously big with the families in Lee's Summit. On the smaller side (but not too small), yet quaint building - we loved the ambiance. Hardwood flooring, brick walls, white columns to create the old Italy feeling.... we enjoyed our entire evening. Spotless and clean interior and exterior.

We did observe someone order a piece of chocolate cake for dessert - it was huge! The entire table passed this piece of cake around for all to share within their family, and everyone seemed to be very pleased!

Most dinner places nowadays I don't feel "relaxed" after dinner, but this truly made me feel relaxed, and like I was on a date with my husband! Not sure what it is, but I say give it a shot!

Hope you enjoy it as well as we did.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank spdblondie
Kansas City, Missouri
“A nice family owned restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I went with a group of 4 and we all ordered a different dish. Everyone was happy. My order was the seafood ravioli and I absolutely loved it. The wine was very reasonably priced, and the salad was good. We will return soon.

1 Thank ricksour