“Very Good Casual Spot”

Cuisines: Mexican
Overland Park, Kansas
“Very Good Casual Spot”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We recently ate at Maggie's after checking out downtown Lee's Summit. We were disappointed that almost everything was closed early on a Saturday night, but at least Maggie's was open so we decided to give it a try and we were glad we did.

They started us off with their flour chips and salsa which are unique and outstanding! My wife and I both enjoyed our meals. I had enchiladas and my wife had one of the bowls.

Maggie's is a nice little spot with good service and food. Nothing fancy, but a fun place and different from all the other Mexican restaurants in town...give it a try!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DCKC

Neosho, Missouri
“Nice find during a weekend in KC”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We found this restaurant during a weekend away while driving around town looking for something local for dinner. While the atmosphere isn't great, the food and prices make up for it. We had the chorizo queso dip and fajitas. Both were very good and fresh. The chips are different as they are made of flour tortillas instead of corn, but they are a good change from the norm.

• Visited May 2013
Sun City West, Arizona
“Great Tex-Mex restaurant”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a fantastic Tex-Mex lunch on a spur of the moment today and were we surprised! Great authentic chicken mole' sauce, my friend had the pork chunks in spicy- very rich season red sauce! The flour tortillas chips were crispy and delicious but would have liked them warm. The service was great and located in downtown Lee's Summit with ample parking. Will try the fish taco next trip.

• Visited May 2013
Grain Valley, Missouri
“How disappointing!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I read the reviews on this and other websites before purchasing a Groupon for this restaurant. How disappointing! I thought I would give it a shot despite some disappointing reviews and I'm sorry that I did. I took my dad to this restaurant for lunch in mid February 2013. The initial chair I sat in was broken and I nearly fell out of it. At the height of lunchtime - there were five other diners in the restaurant besides my dad and I. I ordered the pork chili bowl and my dad ordered the enchiladas. Both lacked flavor. I have never before had Mexican food with so little flavor. Maggie's prides itself on being an authentic Mexican restaurant but I can't imagine authentic Mexican food tastes this bland! The enchiladas had no sauce on them, which is apparently authentic, but they were dry and tasteless. The pork chili bowl wasn't revolting by any means, but it had no flavor except that it was extremely spicy. This restaurant now serves sour cream, despite not doing so for years on the basis that it wasn't used in authentic Mexican food. The sour cream came in an individual cardboard container and wasn't even fresh. Overall, we will be going back to El Maguey's, which may not be authentically Mexican but tasted unbelievably better than the food at Maggie's. Disappointing atmosphere too, which wouldn't have mattered at all had the food been good! I do not recommend you try this place - Groupon or not!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank MelCox1981
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“A little disapointed”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have been going the Maggie's since it opened and have loved it, But they seem have gone downhill, I had the pork taco's last night, the pork was tough and rubbery and did not have the rice and beans like the menu stated. Service was awfull. Hopefully they are just having some growing pains since exanding. We will try again.

• Visited January 2013