“When you're tired of the usual flavors”

Sahara Mediterranean
Ranked #12 of 256 Restaurants in Lee's Summit
Reviewed May 14, 2019

Finally went to Sahara for the first time last night after always driving by and saying "we should try that sometime."

So glad we stopped in. Didn't get the guy's name who took our order and chatted with us but he was super nice.

We ordered the veggie appetizer platter which had hummus, babaganoush, falafel, the grape leaf deals, pita bread, and tzitziki sauce. Please forgive my spelling, fellow diners.

We also ordered an order of fries, a gyro, and a chicken pita.

Everything was delicious. If you've never had hummus made by folks who are from the other side of the planet, you owe it to yourself. To say it is so creamy is an understatement. But it is SO CREAMY!!! The baba ganoush was delicious as well. Smoky flavor but not too smoky.

I've traveled in the middle east extensively and it is so good to have those flavors available locally.

Love it. Will be back to try the chicken shwarma.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 25, 2019

This is a restaurant in a strip-mall. It is a little dingy looking - but trust me on this - you are going for the food, not the atmosphere! It is all pretty tasty, but the chicken is especially tasty. I never knew I liked rice until I tasted the rice they serve here!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2019

If you want a change from the norm, come to this great restaurant. Mediterranean is the best! My family loves everything on the menu. Portions are huge! Staff is welcoming and knowledgeable. From the hummus to the gyro entree you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 9, 2019

If you love Mediterranean cuisine, you'll love the Sahara. It has the best hummus I've tasted in the U.S.--no, that's not hyperbole; and all the platters are excellent. The shawarma is awesome. Don't forget to get french fries--very tasty seasoning! Eat in or carry out--it's the best in Lee's Summit. I used to swear by another Med resto in downtown K.C. until I discovered Sahara about two years ago.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 1, 2018

You order at the cashier and then food is brought to your table. Friendly staff. Good food. Good value.

Date of visit: September 2018