“Payed,Didn't stay...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Midwest Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lebanon
Midwest Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Lebanon
The Road
“Payed,Didn't stay...”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I'm a very rugged 45 year old male who has slept in places many would not even go in the first place. I wouldn't sleep here .

Room Tip: This is the type of establishment usually used to smoke crack and /or take hookers..seriously.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank rattrod30
Midwest I, Manager at Midwest Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2015
I am so to hear about your experience and do want you to know we are under new management and hope you will give us a chance to show you how we have changed.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brookings
Reviewed August 3, 2008

This place was a pit!!!! I had booked over the phone directly , whn we got there, no record of reservation, no price down, rooms were filthy, bathroom was moldy, cover on tile onone bathroom on floor to cover mold, in one room, they had taken the border off, never replaed, all yukky up there, one window was so dirty, you could not see through it, the so-called breakfast which was touted as being good when I called was awful, nothing but lukewarm coffee. Not even hot coffee. My daughterin law refused to take ashower because the bathroom was so dirty.. The stool in myroom ran all the time, although I told the gal at desk, nomove wasmadeto correct it. These people did not seem to have any brains or ambition. What ahorrible experience. e were in town for my grandsons wedding, and it was lovely, but the stay was horrible. How can this motel call themselves econolodge, when the company that owns the econolodge motels, say they have no affiliation with this motel? They should sue those people for misrepresentation. I feel like I was duped and should get my money back for what we had to go through.

• Liked — Nothing!!!
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank grannie08

Travelers are raving about these Lebanon hotels

Chicago
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I have never been more disgusted in my entire life. First the manager (the man smoking behind the desk when I arrived) was less than hospitable. I was very concerned about my saftey and when i got to my room I knew safety was the least of their concern. The rooms were horrible. My dog would have not stayed in it. the carpets were stained beyond belief. The bathrooms were...well lets just say I have been in port-a-potties that were better maintained. I immediately went to check out and got the fifth degree and was told I was just a complainer and I would still have to pay. I cancelled my credit card and stopped the transaction. never have i experienced such pathetic service. I went to the super 8 and WOW. it was night and day. If you stop at the Econolodge ask to see a room first.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank CmyersChicago
St. Louis
Reviewed June 9, 2008

When we stayed at this Econo Lodge it was our first time ever staying at one. When we checked in we asked about the pool because on the website it had said that there was one and we were told that they share the pool with the Day's Inn next door. We went to our room and it was dirty!! There were actually a few flies flying around in it, We figured out at the top of the door there was a crack and that was how they we getting in. It was terrible and they had a VERY small breakfast when we were there. I will not stay here again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty rooms with flies in them!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank St_Louis_Reviewer
Missouri
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I got in my room to find there hadn't been heat on. I had to leave my coat on for 5 hours and then the room still wasn't warm when I went to bed. There was no shampoo, no blow dryer, no coffee maker, the remote didn't work, two bulbs were burnt out, and there was no internet. I took the batteries and the burnt out bulbs to the desk and got new. Replaced them myself and they still didn't work, so I guess it was an electrical problem with the lights. I was told they didn't have shampoo or a blow dryer. I had to get out again on slick roads to go get shampoo. When I went to check out the next morning at 7:15 am, there was no one around. I rang the bell and someone came out and it looked like I just got them out of bed. Then they rewarded me by saying that I was a no show. I'm sure this was so that I wouldn't get an internet survey to fill out on them. I also didn't get my points for my stay. Horrible, Horrible experience. I would never stay at an Econolodge again....especially this one.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — No shampoo, no blow dryer, no heat, remote didn't work, lights didn't work, no internet
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank pgwissman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 29, 2003

It was a classic bait and switch. I was told a couple things when making my reservation that were not true. I was told that I would have access to the internet, and there was no access. I was told that if I checked in at 4a.m. on a Friday morning and checked out on a Sunday morning that it was only a two day stay. When I arrived and payed my bill, the woman at the front desk told me the same thing, so I payed for two nights. We went to our room and placed the do not disturb sign on our door. Some time around 10 or 11 a.m. I recieved a call from the office disturbing my sleep. They were in forming me that since I checked in at 4a.m. I had only paid to stay until Saturday. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was told that some one would get back to me because I didn't feel that I should have to pay for their mistake, but I did not recieve another call so I thought things had been taken care of. The next morning although the do not disturb sign was on the door we recieved another call from the office explaining that the person who took my payment was wrong and that I would have to pay more for another nights stay. They called me 30 minutes before check out time to tell me this. I packed my bags and went next door to Super 8. This was the most unprofessional motel I have ever stayed in. Terrible that they take advantage of travelers vulnerability like this!! It is worth the couple extra dollars to stay in a place where you don't feel taken advantage of. Avoid this motel!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member