“A great Rt 66 experience”
Review of Munger Moss Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lebanon
Munger Moss Motel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed May 5, 2009

My wife and I decided to stay at the Munger Moss based on reviews we had seen on Tripadvisor and the Rt 66 Forum. What a wonderful experience. Ramona was extremely friendly and kind. The room, although a little dated, was extremely clean and comfortable. She recommended us to the Madison Grill downtown and it was a superb dinner (it was out anniversary dinner and we were extremely pleased). This was in great contrast to several other hotels along the way (Tulas and Shamrock TX) where we were met by stoic Indians who had not smiled in years. The accommodations at those places were spartan and not very clean. I would highly recommend the Moss Munger to any Rt 66er traveling through in the evening.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prestoni
There are newer reviews for Munger Moss Motel

Reviewed November 19, 2008

Whilst planning for our Route 66 drive earlier this year, the Munger Moss stood out as the one motel we wanted to stay at.

Upon our arrival, we saw that they had vacancies and immediately booked two rooms. The lady who dealt with us (name escapes me) was really friendly and polite.

We were given rooms 65 & 66 and they were clean, neat & tidy. No problems at all.

There is a pool, but we were unable to use it due to bad weather.

We headed into the centre of Lebanon to get some food as the MM is set back from the middle.

There is a bowling alley across from the MM so we entertained ourselves there before heading back to the MM and sitting out on the verandah sipping a few cold ones and planning the next stage of our trip.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank stanthecaddy
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We are driving Rt. 66 from Chicago to western Arizona. We wanted to stay in at least one vintage 66 motel. We heard about Munger Moss and we're glad we stayed there. The room was very clean, private, and well maintained. I'm a Boomer, and this room brought back some very happy childhood memories of staying at these motor courts in the 50's when our family vacationed. Ramona, the owner since 1971, was very friendly and charming. We had a great time chatting with her about the history of the motel. We stayed at another vintage 66 motel the next night in Vinita, and it was a real horror story. What a dump! But Munger Moss was great - we very much enjoyed it!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank travelbugs093
Reviewed February 25, 2008

I got caught in a snow/ ice storm and had to pull over. I did not want to pay much so I stayed at the Munger Moss. I am Sure it was a good hotel when Joseph and Mary stayed in the year of Zero. This place was so old the cockroaches have grey beards.

The mattress had no or hay for padding. I should have spent theextra money. Never again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Shinelc61
Reviewed August 24, 2007

After reading various reviews, my friend and I decided to take a chance on the Munger Moss Motel during a trip to Indiana. We stayed two nights, once on the way to our destination and then again on our way back home. This is definitely a great choice for the price! Check-in was very simple and because you pay up front, there is no fuss with checking out; all you do is return the key and you're on your way out. We stayed in a non-smoking room with one bed. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom. The first room we stayed in had a running toilet, but we were not bothered by this enough to complain. You had to hold down the handle for it to flush fully, and the process was extremely slow. The a/c unit in both rooms was a bit odd; it's location was under the sink and counter. I would say I found the second room to be more accommodating, as it had a small remote to control the unit. The one complaint I did have was the shower temperature, which seemed to not be consistent. It would go from really hot, to really cold no matter where you set the knob. If you're looking for a relaxing place to shower, this is definitely not it!
Overall I would say this place is great for a one, maybe two night stay, although I'm not sure why anyone would be staying in Lebanon for more than a night.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank crystalangela
Reviewed June 14, 2007

I had a nice stay here. The room I stayed in had a nice white and blue bathroom. They used keys instead of cards like modern hotels which was nice as it had a throwback feel to it. The owners were really nice and I felt welcomed there. Then there were pictures of route 66 up on the wall. The bathtub was huge and the showerhead had a massage level on it. A nice place to stay for the low price.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank lakers_39
Reviewed June 1, 2007

If you are looking to step back in time and stay at a nice and clean authentic Route 66 motel, this is it. The bathroom fixtures were well maintained and clean originals (salmon colored stool, sink and tub, aqua tiled walls). The linens were comfortable.

The TV was small with only a few channels. But remember why these motels were built -- for a place to sleep for a night before you move on. You're not there to watch TV anyway!

Driving in after dark the neon sign was amzaing!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank timskumwi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Econo Lodge
Days Inn Lebanon
Days Inn Lebanon
#5 of 11 in Lebanon
The Lodge at Old Kinderhook

Been to Munger Moss Motel? Share your experiences!