“Loved the history, charm and price!”
Review of Munger Moss Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lebanon
Munger Moss Motel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed the weekend for a wedding! We loved the cute room and all the charm! Is it old? Yes, but that is what is awesome about it! It was like stepping back in time. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was clean comfy and the a/c was cool! Can't beat the price and the quiet location!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tanya W
There are newer reviews for Munger Moss Motel

Reviewed July 20, 2014

This place is supposed to be cute and nostalgic, but to me it's just old. The office had a bad smell of smoke, and the room also smelled. I think it was some kind of disinfectant, but it was an unpleasant smell. When I stepped into the shower and turned on the water, this nasty brown stuff oozed from under the shower mat. The towels were so small, I actually thought I had picked up a hand towel by mistake. Otherwise the room seemed clean and, except that some of the lights on the neon sign were out, the property was well maintained. I'm glad we stopped here as part of the Route 66 experience, but I would not want to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingfromDixie
Reviewed July 18, 2014

A charming, motel with lots of route 66 history. Very clean rooms and very comfortable. The hosts were great, and very informative on the history of the motel and area. Recommended some places to see and eat that were very good. Will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2014

One of the "must do" traditional motels on Route 66. Nice clean place (if a little basic), but then again it's not trying to be anything it isn't.

Had a fantastic welcome when we arrived and ended up chatting to the owner for well over a half hour even though we were shattered after a long days drive. I suppose the best analogy I can think of is its a little bit like being greeted by your favourite nan!!

Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Munger Moss Motel in Lebanon is another fixture on the famous Route 66 that travelers should not miss. It is well kept, very clean and comfortable, and the folks are friendly. The motel started small with additions added over the years, so some of the rooms are fairly modern. They now have over 80 rooms. It is one of those nostalgic places that should be included in any Route 66 exploration.

Room Tip: If you are on a Rt66 trip, to maximize nostalgia, request one of the older rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Tom S
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I recently gave this place a second chance and I'm glad I did.

2011: First time I stayed here was in the summer of 2011. While the price that time and this was the same (about $ 45 including tax), the first time the room (# 10) had a sewer smell issue. That in addition to the fact that the long-time owners smoke indoors in the office. The owners are very nice but smoking indoors is not quaint when the habit leaves the office clinging to the patrons' clothes.

2013: Think that the owner remembered me. She commented "non-smoking" and gave me room # 11 this time. Less smoke hanging in the air in the office but just enough to make my clothes stink. Once again very pleasant owners. Reminded me of my aunt. Disappointed that some of the neon wasn't working this time. The room was much better smelling than last time. The tilework in the bathroom was partially original to the room. The artwork was a lot of enlargements of old postcards of nearby motor courts. The Formica built-ins dated to the mid-century heyday of the Route. A real bargain but I wish that the place was a little better preserved and also wish that the owners' smoking was not part of check in.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank fourstate
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

A spur of the moment decision and one I am grateful I made. Owner run they couldn't be nicer and the rooms clean and comfortable. Highly recommended with a wonderful atmosphereand a great place to stay on 66

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bruce H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Econo Lodge
Days Inn Lebanon
Days Inn Lebanon
#5 of 11 in Lebanon
The Lodge at Old Kinderhook

Been to Munger Moss Motel? Share your experiences!