Munger Moss Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lebanon
See available hotels
Econo Lodge(Lebanon)
Midwest Inn(Lebanon)
  • Pool
All reviewsneon signthe mother roadstep back in timebowling alleymom and poproute tripauthentic routeblast from the pasther husbandroute memorabiliarooms are cleanbathroom fixturesold friendsafter a long dayramonabobhistory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Every Route 66 book mentions the Munger Moss, and I am so glad that there was a vacancy the night we were returning from the Route 66 International Festival in Joplin. Staying here brought back memories of traveling with my mom & dad back in the 1960s. Our room had pictures of Mother Road attractions in Oklahoma. The room was clean and spacious. It must be a challenge to maintain this property while preserving that retro "look & feel" but they've done a great job.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LongNeckGoose
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have now reviewed 69 times as we travel alot. This was a small motel right off the interstate. My new husband and I were driving thru the night to get to our honeymoon destination. needless to say I could not make it. I had a headache and needed to sleep in a bed. we pulled off and I am one to give my money to mom and pop motels more than the big box chain motel/hotels. So this motel had its OPEN sign all lit up in the office window and all the lights on inside. There was a bell to ring after hours and it stated to ring it. It was 1:45 am . I rang the bell thinking a person was just beyond the wall as all the lights were on as I said. Well this old woman came from behind a door putting on her robe ! no shoes or slippers even with a horrible scowl on her face. First thing I did and she cracked open her front door the business she runs is to apologize to her. I couldn't believe she was in her jammies ! I told her that my husband and I were in need of a room for the night. She glared at me and said she was full. I looked at the parking lot an saw 4 cars. Ok so that was full for her wow ! never have I been treated so darn rude by any business owner. If she didnt want any more business for the bight then why have your neon OPEN sign lite and keep all the lights on ! We went to the big box chain motel and slept well thank you.

Room Tip: Stay away and find another place to spend your hard earned money
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Donna J
Reviewed August 5, 2013

A group of 8 cars traveling Route 66 stopped here to take a few pictures. The manager lady comes out and yells at us because we didnt ask permission first. Then she fussed because we were in the parking lot. It was noon on a Monday. Three total cars in the parking lot. Several wives went inside to see the gift shop and she continued to harp on us. One of the wives was talking about some of the toys and the manager said we obviously didnt know anything about their toys. At this point we decided they did not want us there. Will NOT be staying here on the return trip.

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank Sean C
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was very glad to be able to stay at the Munger Moss Hotel. It was more affordable than area hotels, and offered a kitschy nostalgic experience. The host, Ramona, was very helpful in locating area attractions, including a good place to eat late at night upon my arrival. The rooms were clean and quaint. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and almost wished it were not so rushed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SarahJ100100
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you want to feel at home while away from home I can highly recommend this place. It is a very nice Route66 hotel with great rooms, a nice pool, cool awnings and best of all, Ramona! She and her husband run the hotel and she alone is a reason to come back here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple