“Best catfish I've ever had”

Dowd's Catfish and BBQ
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Not just the catfish but the cornbread, fried green beans, hushpuppies, BBQ sauce (the hotter one), coleslaw and beans all were very very good. The catfish is so light and not overly fried or breaded. Amazing. Will be hard to top this catfish. We even bought a pint (brought from the back by the waitress in a ball jar) of their hot raspberry BBQ sauce to go.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've stopped at dowds every time I've been near Lebanon for the last 12 years and the food has always been good but the prices keep climbing and climbing. Use to be that you would get a basket of potato wedges, fried okra and hush puppies. That has stopped and and again have changed their prices. Up until this summer I would have said dowds was the best catfish place I've ever been to. That is until I found Catfish Kitchen in Benton KY it's worth a weekend trip it's so good.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had dinner here based on the recommendation of the desk clerk at the HI Express. While the place is not "fancy" we enjoyed eating here. Everything we had was good--catfish (both plain and spicy), popcorn shrimp, cold slaw (very good!), fried okra, onion rings and pinto beans. Also, the waitress was very attentive.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We made a trip to Lebanon and stopped for lunch. We travel through Lebanon monthly coming from or back to Springfield, MO, and I've always wanted to stop. We had lunch here on a week day and the service was good although they forgot to bring several items and needed to be reminded. I had catfish and hubby had bbq. He liked the bbq but wasn't that sold on the sauce. He thought the baked beans were good but he didn't finish them. The fries were good. I liked the catfish but I've had better at The Fillin' Station in Lampe, MO. I also had mashed potatoes and gravy which I didn't care for.

Since we live between Lebanon and Lampe, I would go to Lampe for catfish if that's what I wanted. They have great mashed potatoes and gravy too.

As I said, we travel through Lebanon monthly but we probably won't go back to the restaurant. Just wasn't that impressed.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The restaurant was recommended by the Hampton Inn staff. The menu was pretty standard Diner fare, but my catfish choice was a winner. Friendly staff and a very good atmosphere

1  Thank rockjct1962