“It's an ok place to eat. ” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dowd's Catfish and BBQ

Dowd's Catfish and BBQ
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ava, Illinois
“It's an ok place to eat. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Catfish fillets were ok. They tasted a little plain. You could order the spicy ones I guess for more flavor. The sides are frozen packaged deep fried sides that are plain. The BBQ beans should not be made with chili beans. It's not a good flavor combination.

Marine City, Michigan
“Bit of a disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

With the reputation this place supposedly has, we expected more. I had a mama plate which which had 2 selections. I got the chopped pork and ribs. Well, I got 2 tiny ribs and a small portion of chopped pork. I have to say the ribs had the most wonderful Hickory taste though, what there was of them. But with my baked potato, my butter and sour cream came prepackaged. The salad was pretty mediocre, too. We just expected more. My husband got the special and I ended up sharing one of my tiny ribs with him. Now what does that tell you. Not a big fan.

Visited May 2014
“Disappointed by the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I know this place is rated like number 1 or something in Lebanon but I can't give it that high a rating. The service was really excellent. The ambiance was good (as an older guy I really liked their 60's and 70's rock and roll music). I ordered the "Mama's combo" with breaded catfish and ribs as my 2 meats. Now the catfish was some of the best I've ever had but the ribs were a complete waste of time. Tough and fatty - just about unedible. I was expecting baby back ribs but there were more like spare ribs or something. Just terrible. No one should be serving ribs like this no matter what kind they are. When asked by the checkout girl how it was, I complained about the ribs. She asked me if I said anything to the waitress and I said 'no'. SHe said I should have. Great, I wish I had known that up front.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New Iberia, Louisiana
“Fried is best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The catfish is really good-fried is the way to go here, so calorie- conscious people may not want the temptation. Service is friendly and fast. Salads are mainly iceberg lettuce- so don't expect tastier greens.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lebanon, Missouri
“For Big appetites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you can eat a lot, the all you can eat catfish is a winner for many. I just tend to get the three piece meal. They allow substitution of chicken for some of the catfish so it makes a nice combination of tastes. The staff is friendly. The decor is hometown like.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Dowd's Catfish and BBQ? Share your experiences!