“Will go out of my way for it!”

Dowd's Catfish and BBQ
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have been known to drive over an hour out of my way, just to eat at Dowd's! They have the best fried catfish, hands-down! I can't comment on much else, because the catfish is all I've ever ordered.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I ate here during a stay at The Mungar Moss hotel on our recent Route 66 trip. Spicy catfish was amazing. Portions are huge and you get 3 sides! We found the service was excellent too and the staff have great t-shirts that say 'Get Your Fish on Route 66' in different colours - I bought one. We were also asked to sign the map in the entrance seeing as we had travelled from thr UK. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

After visiting the Shepherd Hills Cutlery shop in Lebanon, continue on toward town on Elm. While on a previous visit, I was a bit disappointed with the pork loin, their catfish has always been quite good. Plus, they don't serve alcohol, which, being a non-drinker, I can do without.
The potato wedges are really good, the chicken strips are really good. It's a nice, family style atmosphere.

1  Thank Stephen R
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stopped in Dowd's at the recommendation of the front desk of our hotel. It appeared to be a decent place from the exterior. Inside is very rustic and worn. After traveling for 11 hours we had hoped to have a wine or beer. They do not serve alchohol. I ordered the chopped bbq dinner. It was fatty and bits of grizzle throughout. Hubby had sliced pork bbq. He said it was just ok. Onion rings were good, fries were soso. The waitress was nice. We wont be back.

1  Thank PghPatty
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I went to this restaurant by recommendation of the hotel receptionist. The place was busy and I could tell the food was going to be good even before I ordered due to the numbers of local folks who knew each other. Good Fish!!!!