“Best Steak and Lobster Anywhere in a Casual Environment”

JJ's at the Copper Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
JJ's at the Copper Pot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Laurie
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Let me start by saying we live 3 hours away and will come back on special occasions just for this restaurant. My wife and I favor steak for a good meal. She had hers medium well as always and I had mine with lobster and "Black n Blue" (seared on the outside and red on the inside). We told the waitress we wished to have a relaxing evening so not get things ready until we were ready for them.

We started with baked Brie with raspberry compote sauce with cocktails. After savoring every bite relaxing and talking our waitress appropriately shows up and we ordered dinner with wine (Trapiche Broquel Malbec 2011). Dinner begins to arrive. The salads were mostly a romaine type lettuce with fresh made to die for croutons on the side. They were served with three home made dressings to be added as we chose and seasoned toasted french bread which could not be refused. My wife had the creamy vinaigrette while I had the light ranch. Both were very good. As requested the main dish was not put on until about five minutes after the salad bowls were collected. We were enjoying our wine with pleasant conversation when the entree arrived. The steaks are on a hot device so they do not cool while being served. My wife appropriately served before me has her steak and potato in front of her when my surf and turf is presented. The lobster was battered, which I have never had it that way before. I have had lobster from coast to coast and never before was it like this. On the side was candle heated butter/spice mix to dip. The lobster was creamy with a melt in your mouth texture that sets the standard for all other restaurants. I relished every morsel of both the Filet and the Lobster complimented by the excellent wine.

When the main course was complete we were offered dessert which we watched being served next to us. Unfortunately we ate so much that more was out of the question. The dessert selection appeared to be fabulous.

One can have a quick dinner here as some people did but we chose to make a European event of it. We left some 4 wonderful hours after we began. We will be back!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Yes there are nice dining establishments where you overlook the lake, but this is not one of them. However this is the BEST dining experience you will have when you come to the lake. From the atmosphere, service and food quality it is unbeatable.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times, mostly because my husband likes it and there are not any better options on the West side of the Lake. The service is usually impeccable and friendly. The atmosphere and menu make you think the food will be very high quality, but it actually varies in quality. The salad service is excellent. They bring out three amazing dressings and delicious croutons and you kind of assemble your own. After that, it usually goes downhill. I ordered something with Hollandaise a while back and it was so grainy, thick and awful. The sauce on the chicken with morels was awful, too. The lobster macaroni and cheese was overcooked. I liked the risotto in the scallops and risotto, but the scallops were not cooked correctly. Scallops should be dried well and then put in a hot pan to sear. That had clearly not occurred because there was not a good sear on them and they were really overcooked. Actually, the fish and seafood that I get here is typically overcooked. They do better with beef dishes like prime rib. I have to agree with the reviewer who talked about the crème brulee. I have had that all over the country and it is TERRIBLE here! The coffee vaculator and cheesecake is very good.

One time we were there when there was some happy hour event in the bar (I think a Thursday?). The restaurant was really loud during this, so if you are looking for a quiet dinner, you might want to find out when that is. At the time, I got the impression it was a weekly (or was it monthly?) event.

One time when we went in, I was not very hungry, I just wanted the salad and a bowl of soup. It was going to cost over $20 because they would only let me have the salad with a meal OR pay a ridiculous cost for it. I also thought that the server was a little rude about me wanting this, almost like they only want you there if you are going to order a full meal. So, my advice is to only go here when you are super hungry.

1  Thank KansasRose
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place has amazing food... They serve an onion salad dressing that is out of this world. You can even buy it by the bottle. It drove all the way back to Chicago with me in the front seat.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Ordered creme brulee and was served some sort of custard dish which the waitress spent a lot of time trying to carmalize it at the table, it wouldn't even carmel. When the waitress was advised that this was not creme brulee that we ordered she looked like 'so what' and brought me my check. MY ADVISE>>> never order creme brulee at JJ's....

1  Thank reedjones