“Very Berry”

Persimmon Hill Farm
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Lampe
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Don't be fooled by the name. Berries proliferate. The best we've had there are the beautiful, plump blueberries we've picked ourselves and taken home to freeze and use when they're out of season. Our last visit we left with 10 pounds and that may not have been enough.

They have a nice store as well as a restaurant. You have to try one of their (blueberry) Thunder Muffins - huge and delicious. Just don't wear heels or dress shoes.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We are not much for the typical tourist activities and shows of Branson, so while there we decide to visit Persimmon Hill Farm. We called ahead and we were glad we did because they only allowed picking on certain days that week. On the week we were there, we were able to pick blueberries and blackberries. There were multiple varieties of blueberries and these were our favorite. The blackberries were a little more tart. The bushes were loaded and picking was easy. For those not interested in picking, you can buy pre-picked but those sold out by the afternoon that day. There is a small cafeteria with items featuring blueberries and as mentioned in other reviews, the muffins are really good. We cook a lot with mushrooms and my husband has always wanted to shiitake kit. I noticed on the website the farm sells shiitake log kits for ($18.95). I did not see the kit in the area with the other items, so I asked for it and the cashier informed me that they would get one together for me. I had to wait a few minutes but a gentleman brought the log up, explained how to keep it until we got home and how to start it. He also provided written instructions. I have to admit, I was skeptical because it looked like I just paid $19 for an 18" piece of firewood , but we soaked the log as directed and in 4 or 5 days had some really nice looking mushrooms ( see photos). Overall we had a nice day and got some great blueberries (and mushrooms) out of our visit to the farm.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Persimmon is worth visiting when in the Ozarks and/or Branson areas. They Thunder Muffins are fantastic. Buy more than you plan on eating, because you cannot get enough of them. (Warm them in the microwave for 30 seconds to get to heaven.)
Obviously one of the best times to go is during the prime of blueberry picking season. We were a bit early this year, but still fun to walk the area and let our children see the berries and blooms. The mushrooms are well known and served at many area gourmet restaurants.
Food is top notch!! Owners and employees make it a great place to visit.

1  Thank Naep4
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately due to late weather we were unable to pick blueberries so instead we sampled! Food is delish! Would like to come back to actually pick!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I love going to this place in the mornings to order freshly baked blueberry muffins. They are to die for! They also have some excellent mushroom dishes! Yum!