“Great place to stay and feel welcome”
Review of Super 8 Lamar

Super 8 Lamar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lamar
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stay at this motel anytime we are in need of a place to stay while in this area, we have never been disappointed with our choice.
Rooms are clean and spacious, staff is courteous, grounds and buildings are in excellent condition.
Recommend this establishment to anyone, even the pickiest people will be comfortable in this motel.
The popcorn and brownies are a plus for the weary traveler. Breakfast bar was well stocked with about anything you might want for the morning meal.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
superhost, Owner at Super 8 Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us at our Lamar, Mo. Super 8 while in our area. I'm happy to hear that you have never been disappointed. I appreciate your business and your review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you found the guest rooms clean and spacious, staff courteous, and the grounds and buildings in excellent condition. Thank you for recommending our Lamar, Mo. Super 8 to anyone and I'm glad that you enjoyed breakfast and evening snacks. I look forward to your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Lamar

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
superhost, Owner at Super 8 Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Reviewed May 21, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 20, 2014

When we travel, we look for: 1) close to interstate as we do not like to drive far off our path, 2) a good value, 3) CLEAN! We got it all here! The staff and the owner were great to visit with and very professional, yet seemed like family. Great location! Not only super clean, but WELL-MAINTAINED! This was not a new Super 8, yet one of the nicest. My husband remarked about how nice the bathroom was. He always notices the grout patching and tile chips. ;-) Picky guy! This one beat out much more expensive places we have stayed. Quiet. Good beds. Trust me, you will love it here and for a great price with breakfast too! Can't beat a deal like this these days folks! Worth the drive out of the big city. We will be back!

Room Tip: This was our first stay here. We stayed on the back side and loved the quick access. It was very q...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at our Lamar, Mo. Super 8. I appreciate your business very much. I realize there are many lodging facilities for you to choose from and I'm so glad you stayed with us. I'm happy to hear you found our Lamar Super 8 to be clean, well maintained, a good value and that you felt like part of our Super 8 family. Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and your recommedation to other travelers that our Super 8 in Lamar, Mo. is worth the drive out of the big city. I look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
superhost, Manager at Super 8 Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice room, big room, two beds, comfortable bedding. The owners take care of the place like it was a Vermont country inn. They also know that first impressions matter most so the grounds are neatly manicured and a tray of homemade brownies sits on the counter right where you check in.
When I asked about places to have dinner the desk clerk didn't bother to mention the Denny's and McDonald's across the street and instead drew me a quick map showing the best BBQ place in town, best Mexican place, and the so-so Chinese place.

Only problem I had was slow internet speed, but I can't be sure whether that's just the hotel or town-wide.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
superhost, Owner at Super 8 Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your repeated business at our Lamar Super 8 in Lamar, Mo. I appreciate your business and am glad to hear you found your room to be nice with a comfortable bed. I appreciate your review on tripadvisor and all your helpful comments about our property. I hope you are able to come back and stay with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamar
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nevada
#2 of 6 in Carthage
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg/Kansas Crossing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nevada

Been to Super 8 Lamar? Share your experiences!