Americas Best Value Inn- Lake St. Louis
Reviewed February 24, 2014

It's one thing to be an older hotel, but being absolutely dirty on top of it made me outraged. There is a pub on site that has actively drunk people stumbling out into the parking lot at all hours. This just adds to the creepiness of this place.
If accommodations are that poor, the price of these rooms should be much less!!!!
Whatever you do, choose another hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank krustyoldhag

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here for a week while visiting my sister's family. They were very helpful at the desk and really seemed to care. The internet was very fast and housekeeping was nice enough to come clean the room after I left for the day late in the afternoon. Would like to have had more for breakfast but was nice good enough for the low price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank deborah p
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here for the dog show jan 24 weekend. Place has nice rooms for cheap price and close to show grounds. The restaurant on site has nice food however when we were there some loud obnoxious table next to us. Had to ask front desk for iron.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank john s
Reviewed January 21, 2014

What a dump, hahaha Very poor rooms, something out of the fifties. Dirty carpets, dirty bathroom, volume on tv set will not work and when you ask the clerk he really doesn't care. Hall way ice cold, no heat in the winter months. Spend $5 more and go somewhere else. Filthy rooms

Room Tip: I think the health department must be getting paid under the table to allow this place to stay open...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank John B
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place is disgusting. Several of the rooms have notices taped to the door warning you not to enter because the room is uninhabitable. The rooms are not clean or maintained. The mattress and box spring in my room were both stained and filthy. I will choose to sleep in my car before choosing this place again!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Dirty, no trim on the floor around carpet, dirty carpet, no supplies in room, had to go for our own at front desk, huge hole in our blanket, holes in towels and black stains, and large stains on mattress that can be seen. The Pub was great; best thing about our stay. What happened to Days Inn? New owners or WHAT??? We will never be back. Front desk clerks were very nice though. It's not their fault this place is NASTY!!!!! Wish we could get a refund.

Room Tip: No comment. Non smoking room smell like a stale pack of cigarettes
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I rented a room for me and my husband to stay in and another for my 21 yr old son to stay in for two nights. The first night wasn't so bad since we got there late and all I was concerned about was sleeping. I did notice however the room stunk really bad and the windows both were not on track and had to be forced to be closed. The blanket and side of the bed had a hard, light red stain on it.....NASTY!!! There was no alarm clock so I thought I would just call the front desk for a wake up call but guess what my phone in my room did not work. Half of the electricity in both rooms did not work. In fact in my sons room there was sparks coming out of and electrical outlet. My sons toilet in his room ran the whole time he was there. The walls were dirty! I had to keep going to the office because they kept shutting my key to my room off and my son said he had to do the same thing. His room had ants mine had some weird looking bugs, im not sure what they are...People kept walking by my sons door jiggling the door knob during both nights......I went to my sons room on the second day and noticed drops of dried blood outside his door.....it didn't come from him sooooo idk how long it had been there. He said he noticed it when we checked in. Not to mention on the way from my room to my sons there is huge spots of weak flooring that you had to be careful not to step on because the only reason you would not fall thru is the carpet over the spots. We rented the room for 2 nights but still as my son was trying to sleep (wearing nothing but his boxers) a staff I'm assuming walked right into his room asking him if he needed anything. The second night around 7pm I was relaxing ready to turn in due to the fact my husband and I had to get up at 5am the next morning. At this time I heard very loud music coming from the bar/lounge that was two floors under my room. I thought this may not last long so didn't call the office to complain right away. Then I heard the motorcycles start coming in and out of the parking lot. I called the office to complain about the music being louder than my tv and the clerk told me she would call and ask them to turn it down some.......later at around 11pm when the music was still going loud I called back to the office and they assured me that the music/dj would be done at 11 or so and that I was the only one complaining about it because the people in the rooms under me were at the bar. I felt I had a right to complain due to the fact that I rented a motel room, if I wanted loud music and drunk atmosphere I would have went to the bar myself. But since it was my choice not to go to the bar I think it should have been my choice not to hear the music/dj all night long. The music and motorcycles went on until at least 1am. I got less then 4 hours of sleep I thought that I could ask them to extend my checkout time so I could get some rest before driving home but they could only go to 12 noon instead of 11 am. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms we stayed in was 252 and 263 if you absolutely have to stay at this hotel at least don'...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Lake St. Louis? Share your experiences!