“One tired old lady” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Resort at Port Arrowhead

The Resort at Port Arrowhead
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3080 Bagnell Dam Boulevard, PO Box 1930, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Savannah, Missouri, United States
“One tired old lady”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

By "tired old lady," I am referring to the resort, not me. The Resort at Port Arrowhead sits on a prime piece of real estate overlooking the Lake of the Ozarks, which is a bit of a shame, because the rooms are in terrible condition (dirty carpets, frayed drapes, out-of-date televisions, dingy bathrooms), and the public areas are in dire need of rehabilitation. Sometimes a coat of paint isn't nearly enough.

When we arrived for an off-season overnight, the restaurant was closed, as was the bar. We were the only people checked in that afternoon, until another visitor checked into the room right next to us later in the evening. With more than 100 rooms at their disposal, it was disappointing to be placed right next to another guest, as we could hear the toilet flushing and the shower running. Noises I might expect if the place was more occupied, but seriously ... we were the only guests in the whole place.

The place need a major overhaul, or could even be torn to the ground and redeveloped to meet more modern expectations. With so much convention/resort competition in the area, Port Arrowhead has a rather high bar to overcome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jill C
John C, General Manager at The Resort at Port Arrowhead, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review Our Resort. I am sorry to read your perception of our property as we are an older property and will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary next year. We plan yearly renovations to our property and complete these projects throughout the year. I agree with your comment on when we have low occupancy nights not to reserve rooms right next to each other and we have made that correction at our Front Desk. We do however like to put our guests in the same building to make our guests feel more secure and provide our guest easier access to the indoor pool. I would also like to apologize for our restaurant not being open when you stayed but we are a seasonal resort and have limited hours in the off season. Again, Thank You for taking time to review Our Resort and we hope you will be our guest again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Carthage, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel property has seen better days. The furnishings are dated and the buildings are in need of some repair. But, the price was somewhat reasonable and the location is great. The restaurant has a really good breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Stay close to the water or pool!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
John C, General Manager at The Resort at Port Arrowhead, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our Resort. I am sorry you didn’t like your room as we have renovated three of our five lodging buildings. We appreciate your kind words in regards to our restaurant and hope you will try us again in the future. It is our goal for each guest to enjoy their stay and leave happy.
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed Labor Day Weekend 2012. This was my first trip to The Resort at Port Arrowhead. I can't say enough good things about this place. The entire staff was so nice and friendly, and so accomodating! I was sitting in the lobby one morning drinking coffee, while my friend was still sleeping in our room. The tv in the lobby was on and the weather channel was airing. Since the remnants of Hurricane Issac were moving through the area, I was watching the tv pretty intently to see when the weather was going to clear up. The gentleman working behind the desk approached me and offered me the remote control, and told me I could change the channel if I didn't like the channel that was on. I thanked him and told him that I was fine with the weather channel.This is just one example of how accomodating the staff was.I loved the outdoor pool area, with not just one, but two amazing pools, a hot tub, and a tiki bar! Loved how the staff had bingo games and hula hoop contests for the kids. I loved our room, it was very clean! I absolutley loved the Sunday brunch! Even the other guests were all very friendly. The Resort is just a quick little drive away from Bagnell Dam and all the charming little shops.If I had to pick one bad thing about my stay it wouId be the weather, which the resort had no conttol over. I will definitely be a repeat customer!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lisa_H60887
John C, General Manager at The Resort at Port Arrowhead, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you very much for leaving such a nice review. We really appreciate getting good reviews as a lot of guests only take time to leave not so favorable reviews if they experienced an issue during their stay. It is ultimate goal that each guest who stays with us leaves happy. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future and again thank you for your kind words.
Coatsburg, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend 2012. Our weekend started out rainy but, that didn't stop the fun and activities. Port Arrowhead staff were prepared and ready for action. The food in the restaurant was very good. Our waiter was very attentive and cheerful.( I'm sorry I don't remember his name.)
Our rooms were very clean and fresh scented. Plenty of parking. and lots to do. Our grand children had a great time. We will be back next year and probably more weekends along the way! Thank you Port Arrowhead staff!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MariaCalvin
John C, General Manager at The Resort at Port Arrowhead, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for the kind words about our Resort and for taking time to write such a nice review. We look forward to having you back in the near future and hope to see you again real soon.
New Bloomfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I saw the reviews for this hotel which turned out to be more of a motel, and with the high ratings on Tripadvisor, I thought it would be a nice place to stay.
Needless to say, we stayed in room 259 which looked like a nursing home room and smelled like one also. The bathroom was set up for someone who needed to access the room by wheelchair which wasn't a bad thing necessarily but it didn't smell clean. It smelled like dirty diapers.
The room looked clean until I saw the sheets. They looked like they had already been slept in and not changed.
I woke up to a huge fight outside our door. Yes, the beer cans were still in front of the door when we left. I don't want to hear someone threatening to kill someone in front of our door in the middle of the night. We were awakened several times during the night by loud music or loud voices.
Needless to say, I won't be staying there again.
On the flip side, the room was fairly well decorated and the air conditioner was very cold. The tv worked very nicely.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
I am sorry about the issues you had with your room while staying at our Resort as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. You were in fact booked into a handicap accessible room and I apologize for that as well. While I can’t be responsible for the actions of our guests staying here I wish I could have taken care of these issues while you were still staying with us rather than replying to a review after you have checked out. However, I do want to thank you for taking time to write a review about our Resort and for the nice things you did say about your room. If you could take time to call me I would appreciate it as I would like to discuss the issues you had with your room personally. Again, Thank You for taking time to write this review.

Travelers are raving about these Lake Ozark hotels

Belle, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I enjoy coming here every chance we get!! Staff is frendly and there pools are awesome!! I have NEVER had a dirty room or any were have we seen a mess or and eye sore. love eating at the restaurant they have awesome food at good prices. The ONLY thing that i could even think was wrong about this place is there sign is tucked behind some trees so if your not paying attition you could miss there drive but that could also be driver error LOL. Again we LOVE this place

Room Tip: I have yet to find a bad room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bear-n-Sheshi
John C, General Manager at The Resort at Port Arrowhead, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our Resort and for taking time to write a review. You are 100% correct about the tree that is blocking our sign and we hope to have that corrected later this month. We are waiting approval to trim the tree back because it actually is not on our property. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you again real soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The place is conveniently located near the lake and major attractions and activities. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The restaurant has good food at reasonable prices. There are a few options for vegetarians, too. There are other eating joints located very close to the hotel, as well. Overall, a great place at a good affordable price!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NNKSTL
John C, General Manager at The Resort at Port Arrowhead, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about our Resort. We really appreciate the kind words and look forward to having you stay with us again. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Ozark
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
3.5 of 5 stars 909 reviews
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to The Resort at Port Arrowhead? Share your experiences!