By "tired old lady," I am referring to the resort, not me. The Resort at Port Arrowhead sits on a prime piece of real estate overlooking the Lake of the Ozarks, which is a bit of a shame, because the rooms are in terrible condition (dirty carpets, frayed drapes, out-of-date televisions, dingy bathrooms), and the public areas are in dire need of rehabilitation. Sometimes a coat of paint isn't nearly enough.
When we arrived for an off-season overnight, the restaurant was closed, as was the bar. We were the only people checked in that afternoon, until another visitor checked into the room right next to us later in the evening. With more than 100 rooms at their disposal, it was disappointing to be placed right next to another guest, as we could hear the toilet flushing and the shower running. Noises I might expect if the place was more occupied, but seriously ... we were the only guests in the whole place.
The place need a major overhaul, or could even be torn to the ground and redeveloped to meet more modern expectations. With so much convention/resort competition in the area, Port Arrowhead has a rather high bar to overcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full Service resort with two outdoor pools, indoor pool, hot tub and miniature golf course. We have a lakeview restaurant and lounge for our adult guests. Wireless internet, microwaves and mini-fridges are complimentary in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Resort at Port Arrowhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort At Port Arrowhead Hotel Lake Ozark
- Hotel At Port Arrowhead
- Resort At Port Arrowhead
- The Resort At Port Arrowhead Lake Of The Ozarks, MO - Lake Ozark