I saw the reviews for this hotel which turned out to be more of a motel, and with the high ratings on Tripadvisor, I thought it would be a nice place to stay.
Needless to say, we stayed in room 259 which looked like a nursing home room and smelled like one also. The bathroom was set up for someone who needed to access the room by wheelchair which wasn't a bad thing necessarily but it didn't smell clean. It smelled like dirty diapers.
The room looked clean until I saw the sheets. They looked like they had already been slept in and not changed.
I woke up to a huge fight outside our door. Yes, the beer cans were still in front of the door when we left. I don't want to hear someone threatening to kill someone in front of our door in the middle of the night. We were awakened several times during the night by loud music or loud voices.
Needless to say, I won't be staying there again.
On the flip side, the room was fairly well decorated and the air conditioner was very cold. The tv worked very nicely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full Service resort with two outdoor pools, indoor pool, hot tub and miniature golf course. We have a lakeview restaurant and lounge for our adult guests. Wireless internet, microwaves and mini-fridges are complimentary in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Resort at Port Arrowhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort At Port Arrowhead Hotel Lake Ozark
- Hotel At Port Arrowhead
- Resort At Port Arrowhead
- The Resort At Port Arrowhead Lake Of The Ozarks, MO - Lake Ozark