“Delicious with a view!”

JB Hook's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
JB Hook's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: "Hooks" as it is affectionately known, and it's friendly staff, strive to make our valued locals feel at home and our tourists feel like locals! We specialize in Steaks, Seafood and offer Happy Hour deals that can't be beat. Our dining room overlooks a panoramic view of the main channel of the Lake, and offers a relaxing atmosphere to add to your dining experience. Come by and see us!
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This has got to be one of my favorite restaurants ever! Their salmon bisque is something I crave all year! It is creamy and flavorful yet light at the same time. My boyfriend and I had the smoked trout for an appetizer, and I could have definitely eaten the entire thing as my entree -- or several. I got the Tuna which was cooked to a PERFECT seared rare! It was buttery and rich served with wasabi and clarified butter. On the side I went with mashed potatoes which were incredible! My boyfriend had the scallops and they were probably some, if not THE, best we have ever tasted, rich, deep flavored, buttery, tender!
I love how knowledgeable and friendly the staff is as well!

Keith S, General Manager at JB Hook's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for your business folks!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,216)

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Dinner with friends/business where everyone was considered from the older crowd, you know age range from 50's to 65ish. Our server greeted us, delivered drinks, introduction etc., and then the fun began. From the minute we sat down until we left 2 1/2 hours later our server (Johnny Grist) was awesome. He went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was catered too and kept happy. Let's see, that would be almost impossible with five men and one woman. Just a note of caution, if you are weak in the heart, cannot take a joke, get offended or you are thin skinned do not ask for this server or be careful because he is on his toes.
Thanks again for a wonderful night and yes we would go back again.

Thank you for your business folks! So glad to hear you had a great time. John Grist is definitely one of the best servers I've met in my life. Glad to hear he could help make your experience so special.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The atmosphere was wonderful, our waitress Natasha was top notch great smile and warm heart. This is my goto place when ever I go to the lake.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have been to JB's twice lately & was very pleased on both occasions. Choose from great selections on the menu specializing in seafood & steaks with tempting nightly specials.
The service was very attentive & friendly.
I enjoyed the grouper with a velvety white wine sauce, the daily special of Brussels sprouts were OK, frozen is never good in my opinion. They do have an excellent hot, fluffy baked potato as well as carrots & asparagus that is always fresh.
Desserts are wonderful but difficult to decide which scrumptious sweet should end the feast.
I suggest ordering a couple & sharing!
We have been here for business in large groups as well as just the two of us and are always pleased & glad we dined at JB's.

Thank you for your business folks! I will inform the chef of your experience with the brussels.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have been at the lake all week with our kids and wanted a nice meal out with just the adults. We found this restaurant by searching Trip Advisors best restaurants and not disappointed! The view of the lake was great, the service was top notch and the food was excellent! It was a great dining experience all around and the prices weren't bad for a nice restaurant.