“Lovely view/great food”

JB Hook's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
JB Hook's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: "Hooks" as it is affectionately known, and it's friendly staff, strive to make our valued locals feel at home and our tourists feel like locals! We specialize in Steaks, Seafood and offer Happy Hour deals that can't be beat. Our dining room overlooks a panoramic view of the main channel of the Lake, and offers a relaxing atmosphere to add to your dining experience. Come by and see us!
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We've been to JB Hooks numerous times over the years. I made an online reservation for last night and requested a window table. When we arrived, the lower level by the windows was quite crowded, and we were shown to a very small two person table (not a window table) sort of stuck in between several larger table. Given a choice, I would have preferred a larger table upstairs but I did not speak up. We did have a lovely view, but I felt a bit crowded and it was not the relaxing, peaceful dinner I'd envisioned. Our server seemed to have a number of tables, but she was professional and did a good job of keeping everything straight and was attentive to us. They offer several different salads (I wish the menu offered a detailed description of each) - hubby had Caesar and I had the house, both good sized and tasty. I ordered the salmon of the day, which was delightfully prepared and delicious and hubby had a steak entree, also quite delicious. We shared a creme brulee for dessert (yum). I have zero complaints about the food or the service. I was not thrilled with the table/crowded conditions, but my biggest issue is that I felt that the entrees were a bit overpriced. I almost did not order the salmon because at approximately $35, I thought it was way too expensive (I order salmon almost every time I eat out, so I know the typical price range). When it arrived, I was surprised at what a small portion it was (although it did have some crab meat on top). I'm glad the portion was not larger, as I had plenty of food, but I just thought that it was overpriced by at least $10. The bill was $116, which we felt was about $20 too high for what we had. We may go back and do happy hour and appetizers because we do like the food and the view, but it will have to be a special occasion (not a regular weekly date night) to lay out the bucks for dinner.

1  Thank NanaCof3
Keith S, General Manager at JB Hook's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for your business folks! Glad to hear the food and service were extraordinary. Sorry to hear about the table not being to your liking. Saturday nights can be a bit crowded at Hooks, however we do have a beautiful bar to wait for a different table in. Next time just let the host know that you would like to wait for a window table to open. I wish we were able to guarantee them through reservations however we are not for any reservations after 5pm. They are sought after by the majority of the customers coming in. I have spoke to the chef about the salmon and he assures me the market price will reflect the portion size and ingredients. And I will be watching the price. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,538)

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Must stop. Gorgeous view. Awesome service from Rick Hill. Awesome food. Reasonable prices. Will definitely be back!

Thank you for your business folks! I agree a "Must Stop" for anyone visiting the lake. With a daily $5.99 lunch special and 1/2 price appetizers during Happy Hour 6 days a week why not stop?

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We have been to JB Hook's many times over the years and it is still one of my favorites at the lake. Besides the fantastic view, the food is always delicious...be it dinner or lunch. Last Monday, we took our grandkids there for lunch and they had hand-made milkshakes with their lunch! What a treat! I have to say, our waitress was one of the best we'd ever had, too! It just made for a perfect lunch experience.

1  Thank Linda B

Thank you for your business folks!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We decided at the last minute to stop in on a Friday evening during our weekend in the area. The parking lot looked nearly full, so we wondered how long the wait would be. When we walked in, beautiful piano music was playing, and the hostess seated us within minutes at a perfect table by the window/view! We ate appetizers based on our waiter's suggestions, which were on the mark. Delicious stuffed mushrooms. Our server was Johnny - very professional, attentive. In fact, he offered to take us out to the patio area for an even better view, and a few pictures. We certainly enjoyed our first visit and hope to be back!

2  Thank Elvie66

Thank you for your business folks! Our staff is truly Top Notch! We are very grateful to have the crew we have. Best I have ever worked with.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Natasha did a great job of serving our large group. She was accomodating, attentive to our needs, pleasant and fun

Thank you for your business!