All reviews family reunion day bed dog lovers covered porch pontoon boat outdoor pool bedroom unit quiet cove place to stay fire pit large group pets fishing rental tubs ozarks pools
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Docked at Alhonna to rent a tube and one of the dock staffnoticed a problem with our boat we had rented from another marina. Our boat was taking on water, but Mike was so knowledgeable that he was able to give us a fix to the problem that ended up lasting us the rest of the day after the other marina said it was "nothing to worry about." So thank you Mike and the rest of the dock staff, and thank you Alhonna for employing professional, knowledgeable staff.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I had higher expectations of this resort. Staff friendly nice location. We were not impressed by the room much older and outdated reminded me of a summer cabin with horrible musty carpet. Bathrooms had uneven floor bad shower curtain rods which feel in the middle of the night. Unfortunately we could hear people about us running like buffalo. I felt the price was very high for not having housekeeping or garbage removal. Nice to have a bar there on site but food options were horrible and more of a cafeteria style. The best drink was an apple pie shot.This place needs more updating I don't know if I would stay here again?

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank goattie420
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Back for our annual family reunion. I checked into my room and upon entering my senses were engulfed with some type of over powering floral soapy odor. None of the other 15 rooms that we rented were that way. Opened the window and tried to air it out but no luck. I traded rooms with my daughter which was next door, hers wasn't as bad but you could still smell the fragrance/odor. I found baking sods in the frig and sprinkled it on the carpet to hep neutralize the odor, that helped tremendously. The room had been remodeled and it was nice, new bed...comfy. Frig worked great as well as the shower.

My parents stayed in one of the bigger cabins and the water at the kitchen sink ran at a trickle, the bathroom didn't have that problem fortunately...

Overall, other than the over whelming smell in my first room it was a great time. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the grounds are lovely.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have stayed their twice in cabin 62 ,this last time their was terrible,spiders in room,and their was no hot water,and for the price you would think they could clean the room and take out trash after you stay!

Room tip: Stay away from septic system if you get a room!
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at Alhonna Resort for 3 nights in August of 2013. I was pleased to learn that they accepted pets, as my Jack Russell travels with me. I was searching for a small, mom and pop, lake-front resort where I could get some r & r and I was not disappointed. There was ample space to walk my dog, and although the restaurant was not open during my stay, it was just a short drive back to a small grocery store where I was able to pick up food to prepare in the kitchenette in my room. I had a kitchenette unit (1 bed), over-looking the lake, which was perfect for me. The resort was not far from shopping and dining and sight-seeing in nearby Bagnell Dam and Osage Beach, yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle that I could rest and relax. The staff and management were polite and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Room tip: The rooms over-looking the lake were awesome in the morning! Nice to sit out on the deck and enjoy the lake!
Date of stay: August 2013