“Basic family resort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Ozark
Alhonna Resort & Marina
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Don't expect luxury here, but a comfortable place for a few days with family. We stayed in rooms 9, 10, 11, 12 on the second floor with rooms overlooking the lake- very beautiful. Kitchens are equipped with silverware, plates, cups, bowls, coffee mugs, some basic kitchen cooking and baking supplies and serve ware, which was convenient. Our cabin also had a dishwasher, which was a plus.
The rooms themselves are a little small, but you won't spend much time in them anyways! With an indoor and outdoor pool, hot tubs, fishing dock, bar/restaurant, game room, and boat rentals available, you will spend most of the time outdoors. We also liked the picnic tables on our shared deck- a great hang out place for the family.
The cleaning could be a little improved, lots of spiders outside, and the fishing dock needs some ventilation in the middle. There is also a playground on-site.
It was a nice place for a family getaway without a huge price tag.

Room Tip: Some of the 3 bedroom units have 2 bathrooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank spartan14
There are newer reviews for Alhonna Resort & Marina

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have been going to Alhonna for a couple of years now. They have spent some of the last few years updating the rooms and now have built a fire pit and are going to add some more. It is a nice resort right on the lake. The owners are very nice people. I love having a restaurant right at the resort along with a bar. The only downfall is swimming in the lake. Not a good place to get in and swim. I hope one year they will fix that. There is a outdoor and indoor pool which is nice. I kinda like seeing the boaters come in for lunch. I have never had a problem with them coming in the pool. I will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My stay was 3 nights with an arrival date of June 6. I had a two bedroom unit when i opened my door i was a few feet from the lake. Beautiful view. The room was remodeled had a full kitchen. very very clean. i can not say enough about the owners of the resort. They were very accommodating to our group of great dane lovers. We are booked again for next year. Resort was very easy to find. LOVED the restaurant staff and food we had a chicken buffet one night It was outstanding. Pool was very nice. Counting down the days until next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
We loved having a playground near a large deck facing the water. The indoor pool and hot tub were awesome options on rainy days. The outdoor pool was also very popular with our crew. Having a restaurant on the premise was great too!

Cons:
The rooms have that dated feel. No housekeeping (you just go ask for new towels). Small bags of ice for $2. The whole complex looks like it could be a season away from rundown if not carefully kept up.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Alhonna Resort is one of the few family resorts left at the Lake. Alhonna has kept up the tradition and worked hard to keep the nostalgic feelings for families coming back year after year, they have two small playgrounds for the kiddos, indoor, outdoor pool with baby pool, and rooms overlooking the Lake, it is a family owned quaint little resort that most everyone seems to adore. The resort is located on the main channel and is known for it's great amenities and awesome fishing (the food is pretty amazing as well - especially breakfast!). The pool is large and has plenty of seating. I noticed someone mentioned in a review they were not happy about boaters or locals coming in to have a cocktail and let kids use the pool. I myself see no problem with it, as a boater I know how difficult it can be at the Lake to find a kid friendly place to stop and relax while boating and after all it IS a boating community. Not only have I stayed there in the past, but I have sent family members and friends to stay at the resort and they have done nothing but rave about the great staff and how much fun they had, so I know first hand it is an incredible place, If you are looking for a relaxing getaway and family friendly environment then Alhonna is the place to stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lovinlakeozark
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have just completed our 3rd family reunion here. It was so awesome to be in close proximity of my sisters, brothers, parents, and nieces/nephews. I was depressed to leave them, because I love them so much.

I do want to point out some specifics, in the hopes that they can be amended before we stay there again. (We are already looking elsewhere for our next reunion).

The commodes are not up to par. I, being an overweight 40-something mom, had my bottom pinched numerous times when the seat of the toilet shifted. In addition, both toilets clogged easily, and myself and husband plunged twice.

The showers do not drain and the bathtub/bathtub walls are unclean.

We called a total of 3 times for: clogged drains, clogging commodes and needing disinfectant, and something else.

Finally, no phones or clocks. I didn't care much about these aspects, but they would add more convenience, especially when some of our family does not have cell phones.

Room Tip: Units 73 and above (upstairs) seem to be less noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank annesumm
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have been staying at this resort for about 8 years (a couple times a year). This is the last time!! We stayed there memorial weekend and I was relaxing on patio by pool and a group of people walked up from the lake and sat down at table next to me. They had about 8 kids with them...While they ordered drinks...the kids went to the pool and used tne resort facilities. I was shocked people would do that at a resort they were not staying at. Then we stayed at the resort on the July 4th weekend....there were many boats with large groups of people coming off the lake....one boat had 17 people. They sat down ordered drinks and went in tne pool. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I was paying $200 BUCKS a night to stay and share the facilities with everyone on the lake. There were so many poeple at the pool we could not even get a chair. I reported what was happening to the office and they said it was hard to control (that's scary)...if you like relaxing and not sharing resort you pay to stay at with the community and other creepies stay somewhere else. NEVER AGAIN. NOT A FAMILY RESORT. This is mainly for college kids and drunks.

• Stayed: July 2013
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Alhonna Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!