“Super roomy and clean!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alhonna Resort & Marina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Ozark
Alhonna Resort & Marina
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Columbia, Missouri
“Super roomy and clean!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Myself and 10 girlfriends stayed here for my bachelorette party. We stayed in the 3 room cottage but there were 2 king size beds, 2 full, 1 twin, and 2 daybeds with pull out trundles--- so roomy, we all fit perfectly. The food and drinks are good but a little over priced. Alhonna offers great service while still providing a private setting

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jessica P

Kirkwood, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

No Alhonna isn't a 5 star resort. But a God sent resort for my sister and I. We needed a quick get a way from our families before the school year started and we found it at Alhonna's. Great fishing! The omelets for breakfast at Bobber's restaurant were the Bomb! Great for families on a tight budget. The pool was cool even though the temp was over 100.
Would I go here again...in a split second! Next time I'm even going to try the "Minnow Shot"!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank marymerri
Saint Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

On VERY short notice I called about any openings and I was rewarded with Cottage 4 at Alhonna Resort. We LOVED the fact that we could take our two (very tiny) pooches, grill on our front deck overlooking the lake and when we didn't feel like cooking we ate at Bobbers, a FABULOUS little restaurant! (You have to try the catfish dinner on Friday nights!)
The pools (indoor and outdoor) were always in use, as were our favorite, the swim docks...
We really couldn't have asked for anything more, in fact, we stayed an extra night!! If you are looking for a comfortable and clean place to stay that's safe for the kids and pets...this is the one!
We had a great time!! Thankyou VERY much!

Room Tip: I think that the separate cottages are the best!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dawnonvacation
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Relatives booked us at the Alhonna for a family reunion. Having read the reviews I didn't expect anything fancy . The resort was just passable - like an old time fishing lodge. The heat was terrible while we were there and I must say the air conditioning was wonderful! The 2 bedroom unit with kitchen was run-down & dirty, but we saw no bugs. The beds and furnishings were adequate. We did have a couple of unsettling incidents at the Alhonna: The first night at around 1 a.m., 2 men entered our room with a key. My grown son, who was asleep in the living room sat up, startled and demanded to know what they were doing there. They gave some story about "being with security & just checking the room". The front desk told us the next morning that no one should be "checking" rooms at night. The next night at about 11 pm a man knocked on the door and said he was "just checking" because he'd heard about the intruders from the night before. Even if this is true (which I doubt) why come at 11 pm when we were in bed? Luckily, nothing bad happened, but the Alhonna did not feel like a safe place and I can not recommend it. There are too many other nice resorts on Lake Ozark.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank SacramentoSue
Boonville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Alhonna is a great family resort. From apartment to house rentals, they have you covered. The property is Lake front, with spacious bost slips. The Bobber Rest is wonderful. I have food allergies and the cooks were more than happy to accomodate my needs, along with wonderful service from the wait staff. The house keeping staff makes wure that you have everything that you need and if you don't then just ask and you shall receive. Great outdoor pool and a great indoor pool and hot tub area. Everything is very clean and the rooms have been updated. We have been coming to Alhonna for 15 years for a family reunion- we take up 10+ rooms so we are a large group-infants to 80's- and they never miss a beat. We love Alhonna and when we check out we make reservations for the next year. A truly enjoyable experience in the Ozarks

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank topwaterjig
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Let me start by saying not everything about the Alhonna is bad. They do have a good selection of nice boats available for rental at reasonable prices. They also have one building that has nice up-to-date rooms, but unfortunately that only covers a couple of the 60 units at the resort, and my room wasn't among those few. They have a really nice indoor pool area, but it closed around 10pm, which doesn't make any sense for an indoor pool. After spending the day out on the lake and then doing some shopping and dinner, we got back around 10:00 to find the pool already closed. In a resort area like this it needs to stay open until at least midnight. Since it closed early I never got to use it, but it looked nice.

For the most part, the rooms at the Alhonna look like they probably haven't been updated in the last 30 years. I was in a three bedroom unit and it was terrible. The beds were the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel. They squeaked and creaked with even the slightest movement. I would have gladly taken the dorm beds from back in my college days over the ones at the Alhonna. The sheets had some stains on them as well. Luckily I always prepare for these possibilities and I had my own sheets and pillow that I went and got from my car. Even though the unit had three bedrooms, there was only one TV, and it was no larger than 19 inches. The remote didn't work either. The windows in the bedroom were up high where you could barely see outside so it felt like prison, and they were dirty too. The window sill had dead bugs on it and the window was missing the screens. The walls were a gross wood paneling that has been somewhat camouflaged under some tacky light blue paint. The carpet is so dark there's no way to tell if it's clean or not, but judging by the stains on the sheets and the dead bugs in the windows, I wouldn't be too optimistic.

The Alhonna could really be a first class destination if they put any money into updating the rooms and actually keeping them clean, but the way it is now I would rather pitch a tent than stay in those rooms again unless they want to drastically reduce the prices.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank TheFedTraveler
Fort Scott, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I have been going to the resort twice a year for the last three years. The staff and office help are very friendly. The rooms are always clean. There isn't really a whole lot to do other than swimming if you aren't a fisherman, but then again I love to swim. The rooms are always clean. I don't mind cleaning up after myself, kind of prefer the privacy. Don't really care for people to go through my things, even if it is housekeeping. The restaurant serves excellent food, and you do get full. Alot of places charge outrageous prices and you still barely get more than two bites. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to just get away from it all. It is very peaceful and overall a great place to stay. I don't have a boat or usually go out boating, but I know you can rent a boat to go out if you want to. They also have several bass tournaments and other activities throughout the year. I plan to try to keep up my twice a year stays for as long as I can.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
3.5 of 5 stars 802 reviews
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Alhonna Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!