“Delicious”

Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Wood River, Illinois
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The ice cream is very good, but the Chocolate covered Key Lime Pie on a stick is a slice of heaven. The staff was very friendly, and will let you have a small taste if you're not sure what you want. It was hot out the day we were there, so when we walked into cool air, it was a refresher.

Visited July 2014

Kansas City, Kansas
“Best Ice cream around”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

On the strip, set back a little so be sure to look for it. Great homemade ice cream and very friendly people. Price is not too bad either.

Visited August 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great ice cream, not so great service”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My whole family loves Randy's, but I'm not so crazy about custard so I convinced them to try Grandpa's. They had some interesting flavors that I had never seen before so I wanted to try them out before deciding on the ones that I wanted. Both Grandma and Grandpa were behind the counter waiting on people and I found both of them to be a bit rude and unwelcoming. In the end, I liked the ice cream, but did not enjoy my experience there. If I want to try to steer my family away from Randy's again, I will probably try another ice cream shop before I go back there.

• Visited July 2014
Troy, Missouri
“Must have when at the lake!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Every time we head to the Lake, we always make sure at least one night we stop at Grandpa's for ice cream! The staff are the friendliest and nicest people, and the ice cream cannot be beat, nor can the prices! They have THE BEST waffle cones and sugar cones. Highly recommend their Strawberry icecream, it is fantastic. They also make an amazing Key Lime Pie! I noticed this past weekend they now have Key Lime Pie dipped in chocolate on a popsicle stick...that will definately be tried in a few weeks when we head back down. Lots of seating, inside and out. Highly recommend you stop in, say hello and enjoy some great icecream or pie..OR BOTH!

• Visited July 2014
Eldon, Missouri
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Tucked out of the way on the bagnell dam strip, this place has Ice cream, chocolate covered bananas, and fudge dipped key lime pie slices...need I say more?!