“Fresh ingredients/good chef!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Lovely restaurant with lots of fresh local ingredients in the plates.
The atmosphere is geared toward adults and I don't remember seeing any children inside.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The menu featured many coastal influenced items as well as a number of house made products. The food was very good but fell short in delivering as described on the menu. While the charcuterie platter featured all house made products it was more of a pickled vegetable platter with only one salumi and a chicken spread. The shrimp and grits were very good and the trout should definitely be tried. The selection of wines by the glass was very good which was helpful for our group with varied tastes. The bacon ice cream was interesting but not a favorite at our table.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Everything was wonderful. Our server Anna was very knowledgeable of the whole menu, full of energy, and gave a lot of effort. Chef Robert came to our table after the meal to check on us. He gets a glowing review as well. Excellent food. Nothing at the lake beats it. They created a great dining experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I learned about this restaurant when the local tv station i freelance for produced a feature to use on the station...first off..the chef owner studied in europe..then spent some time chefing in the south before settling at lake of the ozarks and opening savannah grille in 2012..but enough history..my daughter and her husband visited recently and i took them to savannah grille for dinner....the meals were fantastic...particularly my son in laws...rabbit...yes..rabbit...wow...the service..impeccable..and the main dining room boasts floor to ceiling windows with a spectaculr view of lake of the ozarks..am i sounding like a professional foot critic? don't mean to be..in fact if you check some of my other reviews here on trip advisor you'll see i'm just a guy who appreciates a good restaruarnt...they do take reservations and check to see which day they're closed...by the way, nothing is prepared beforehand, but waiting time is surprisingly short...

1  Thank kingkongboston
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We visited Savannah Grill on Friday for my wife's birthday and had a terrible experience. The restaurant has a nice view, not as nice as JB Hook's/Baxter's views, but nice. We each ordered a drink from the "Artisan Cocktail" menu. They took nearly 20 minutes to arrive. My wife's was supposed to be a hand crafted berry sour, but was nothing but sweet, with no acidity to balance all the sugar. Mine was simply unpotable and apparently made with rail rum. Artisan Cocktails should never be made with the cheapest liquor.

We ordered the gnocchi appetizer, which was good. It was advertised as being made with lump crab meat, but instead just contained loose meat from the knuckle. For our main courses I ordered the house burger and my wife ordered the fried chicken. Two pieces of her chicken were bloody next to the bone. Both the breading and the gravy on the potatoes were so salty they were inedible. I am not just talking a little over-seasoned, it was as if the lid had come off the salt shaker. I was excited since they advertised their burger as house ground, meaning I could order medium, but it was cooked, nay burned, so far past well-done that it was dry and mealy. When one orders $26 fried chicken and a $14 burger, they expect perfection. The manager came over and spoke with us and offered us a free dessert, so there was an attempt at reconciliation; however, I would still put this as one of the worst 5 dining experiences I've ever had, a complete disappointment for her birthday.

1  Thank Fatoldsun999