“Not The Greatest Pizza”

Lil Rizzo's
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The truth is, you can get pizza and pasta lots of places these days.  We know that, that’s why our mission is to become your favorite restaurant!  So how do we do that? With Gourmet Pizza, Pasta, World Famous House Salad and legendary service!  The atmosphere is unpretentious, fun and “Lake Casual” so please, don’t violate our dress code.  And oh by the way, Gourmet refers to our fresh ingredients, secret hand-crafted recipes and the love we put into every dish, not the price… Our pizza is thin crust with dough made from scratch.  (Hand-tossed available at the Osage Beach location)  Only the finest meats, cheeses and freshest vegetables adorn the top.  Since most of the pasta recipes originate from “The Hill” area of St. Louis you can expect to find many regional favorites like, Toasted Ravioli, Baked Mostaccioli, Cannelloni con Bianco and Lasagna as well as several house specialty pastas.  But, if there is one stand-out item on the menu it has to be the House Salad.  Cold, crisp and fresh, a blend of Iceberg and Romaine lettuce, diced red peppers, green onions and provel cheese tossed in a red wine vinegar based creamy Italian dressing and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Enjoy outside dining with a beautiful view of the lake at the Lake Ozark location, only 2 miles west of Bagnell Dam Blvd., on Horseshoe Bend Pkwy., or enjoy the Big Game at the Osage Beach location across the street from Dierberg’s at the west entrance to the Outlet Mall. Happy Hour is Monday through Friday, 3-6 p.m., with great drink specials and half price appetizers.
Plainfield, Illinois
“Not The Greatest Pizza”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

First and foremost the staff here is very friendly, helpful and attentive. The view of the lake is great. But my Chicago palate was less than impressed by the sausage pizza here. It didn't taste bad at all, mind you, but I've tasted some really awesome pizzas over the past 53 years and this wasn't one of them. Maybe try this place for yourself and see what you think.

Hazelwood, Missouri
“Good Italian Restaurant with a View of the Lake”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a great Italian Restaurant on Horseshoe Bend. My wife and I and friends have eaten here many times. They have good Italian meals, including pizza. One of my favorites is the Seafood Pasta, but their pizza is good as well.

My latest visit was with my ole college roommate from Chicago. We had a good interaction with our waitress and the service was excellent. I ordered Cannelloni and my friend ordered Pasta con Broccoli. We both found our food to be very good. This is the second time that my friend has eaten at this restaurant in the past two years. We have found the food, the service and environment to be great each time. The cost is very reasonable and is a good family restaurant.

I am very surprised at some of the very negative comments made about the food and service. That has never been the case on any of my visits and that has been many since I own a condo very nearby.

• Visited May 2014
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to lil rizzos since they were open... It is a family tradition...or should i say it was.. The pizza was horrible!! There was no cheese... Flavorless... And cold....We sent it back... I went back a few weeks later to the different location in hopes it was a fluke... It wasn't... After all these years we will not be going back to either location... We will miss the salad....RIP

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jennifer H
Memphis, Tennessee
“where to begin....”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We went into this place after several recommendations and we wished we had not. Hope you like cheese because EVERYTHING is just overloaded with cheese. The cook does not know how to prepare rare meat. My husband got the special for the evening, which was steak and the meat was basically steamed and there was no seasoning on it. I ordered a pasta dish. The red sauce tasted like a jar sauce, my pasta was dried out and the overall dish was just gross. It left a bad taste in my mouth. Can't say we will ever try it again when we go back.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank ladyluck7_11
Bill B, Owner at Lil Rizzo's, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Lil Rizzos in Lake Ozark. I read every review and comment card personally and take them all seriously. Obviously we are very proud of our food and service and would like to have you try us again if you come back to the Lake Area.
Detroit, Michigan
“Average”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This place was average. Pizza thinner than expected but I like thicker pizzs. The salad was good bread ok which tasted like buttered biscuits. Service was excellent and atmosphere nice. It's a good place to grab a lunch.

1 Thank goattie420