“Great family lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lil Rizzo's

Lil Rizzo's
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The truth is, you can get pizza and pasta lots of places these days.  We know that, that’s why our mission is to become your favorite restaurant!  So how do we do that? With Gourmet Pizza, Pasta, World Famous House Salad and legendary service!  The atmosphere is unpretentious, fun and “Lake Casual” so please, don’t violate our dress code.  And oh by the way, Gourmet refers to our fresh ingredients, secret hand-crafted recipes and the love we put into every dish, not the price… Our pizza is thin crust with dough made from scratch.  (Hand-tossed available at the Osage Beach location)  Only the finest meats, cheeses and freshest vegetables adorn the top.  Since most of the pasta recipes originate from “The Hill” area of St. Louis you can expect to find many regional favorites like, Toasted Ravioli, Baked Mostaccioli, Cannelloni con Bianco and Lasagna as well as several house specialty pastas.  But, if there is one stand-out item on the menu it has to be the House Salad.  Cold, crisp and fresh, a blend of Iceberg and Romaine lettuce, diced red peppers, green onions and provel cheese tossed in a red wine vinegar based creamy Italian dressing and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Enjoy outside dining with a beautiful view of the lake at the Lake Ozark location, only 2 miles west of Bagnell Dam Blvd., on Horseshoe Bend Pkwy., or enjoy the Big Game at the Osage Beach location across the street from Dierberg’s at the west entrance to the Outlet Mall. Happy Hour is Monday through Friday, 3-6 p.m., with great drink specials and half price appetizers.
Columbia, Missouri, United States
“Great family lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a great relaxed environment to eat with a family. The salads are wonderful. The pastas are great. Nothing fancy about this restaurant but a solid family meal. We would go back any time with the kids. We have a family cabin at the lake and we had never been here before this visit. We will definitely go back in the future.

Bill B, Owner at Lil Rizzo's, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed the salad and pasta. We try not to take ourselves too seriously or be the fanciest place in town, just the one you like to eat at. Thank you for dining with us!

Leawood, Kansas
“this is our local favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We live at the lake part time and Lil Rizzo's on Horseshoe Bend is our "go to" restaurant.

This is not a fancy place. It's the lake, people. Relaxed. Laid back. If you want something nicer in the area, go to JB Hooks or Baxters. Rizzo's is a pizza place (STL style thin crust pizza) that has a decent menu of Italian food, salads and sandwiches. The prices are pretty reasonable for the lake. The service can be a little hit and miss during the busy season. We try to avoid this restaurant on the big three holiday weeks as the wait for a table can be hours. But that is a sign of a good restaurant.

If you like STL style pizza (which is the thing at LOTO), Rizzo's pizza is better than most. The pasta sauces trend on the chunky side, so if you are like me and you don't like big chucks of tomato in your sauce, opt for something other than pasta. The sandwiches are all good. We've taken lots of family and friends to Rizzo's and everyone likes it.

They do a big carryout business on Horseshoe bend. On a busy weekend, think about doing carryout to avoid the wait. It's worth it!

Bill B, Owner at Lil Rizzo's, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you, we appreciate your business!
MO
“Nice salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We ordered the daily special which was a single cannelloni and a salad. The salad was cold and fresh. We enjoyed that. The cannelloni stuffing was great, but when they say thick cream sauce, they mean it...way too thick, like paste, but the flavor was ok. If they thinned it out before they plated it, it would have been much better. We are used to great Italian places on the "Hill" in STL, and their cream sauces are more delicate, which is a way better mouth feel. As far as what another person posted about provel...St. Louis mistake in my opinion...I counted at least 6 menu items that say they use provel...I DID read the menu then, and again just now to make sure what I am saying is true...I counted at least 6 menu items that contain the word Provel in it's discription. I for one, hate St. Louis Provel on my favorite Italian meals.. The owner stated that if the poster had read the menu, he would have found that ONLY the burger had that option...not true...should have read your menu before commenting and blaming the poor waitress for the mistake...no mistake on either of their parts......I will list them for you so you will know....Chicken modiga...provel....chicken parmesan..provel...baked mostaccoli...provel, hot Italian sub..provel...rizzo burger...provel! oops.....foot in mouth...yummm

Bill B, Owner at Lil Rizzo's, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Akumaholic,

Thank you for visiting Li'l Rizzo's on your recent trip to the Lake. I'm glad you enjoyed our salad, it is probably what we are most known for. I am sorry the Cream Sauce was not up to par. It is a true Bechamel Sauce that we make from scratch and when made properly is thick and smooth. I have met with my staff and discussed your review, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

As for the cheese... I'm afraid you are confusing Provel and Provolone. Yes, we do use Provel in the recipes you listed, we only use Provolone as a cheese option on our burger.

As always, I am happy to discuss our food and service, I hope you will ask for me the next time you visit.
New Jersey
“Friendly service but unusual food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Ate her for dinner one night while visiting the Lake of the Ozarks. There are (at least) two Lil Rizzo's restaurants in the area. We ate at the one by the outlet mall. Not a fancy place, more of a friendly sports bar atmosphere. The service was very attentive, but the food was not to my liking. Almost all of the pasta dishes came in one type of cream sauce or another - if you're trying to eat somewhat healthy then there are really no pasta options. We also came to find out that instead of mozzarella cheese they use provolone cheese in their dishes and on their pizza. I don't have anything against provolone but pizza and lasagna just don't taste right with provolone cheese when you're expecting mozzarella. They should really warn you about this. When you come from a place that has lots of really good Italian restaurants in the area (that use proper mozzarella cheese) then this place doesn't come close to being satisfying. Otherwise the food, service and atmosphere were fine. If you love provolone cheese I would recommend going here.

• Visited October 2013
Bill B, Owner at Lil Rizzo's, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear viabrera,

Thank you for dining with us on your recent trip to Lake of the Ozarks, I'm glad you enjoyed the service and sorry you found the food unusual. I would however, like to take a moment to clear up a few misconceptions about the food. If you read our menu carefully you will notice that we have 12 red sauce pastas with either Meat or Marinara sauce, 8 Cream sauce pastas and 6 pastas with something other than a tomato or cream based sauce. For something healthier I would recommend any of our Marinara or Meat Sauce pastas with gluten free pasta or the Rizzo's Healthy Choice Entree. Provolone cheese is only available as a choice on a burger, I think the server must have given you bad information and I apologize for that. I think what he/she meant to say was that we use a Provel and Mozzarella blend on our Pizza and Lasagna. 2 parts Mozzarella to 1 part Provel. Coming from New Jersey I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of Provel since it is a cheese primarily used in "The Hill" area of St. Louis which is where our recipes originated.

I hope you make it this way again some time and if you do, please let me know I would love to host you at either location and let you sample more of what we have to offer.
Johnson City, Tennessee
“A Great Italian Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great Italian food reasonably priced. Recommended to us for casual dining by the Lodge at the Lake of the Ozarks. Service was good and the food was delicious.

Visited September 2013