“Family friendly food on the go”
Review of JJ Twigs

JJ Twigs
Ranked #31 of 62 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Lake's favorite family restaurant and sports bar. A big old barn with a cozy, rustic atmosphere. Thin crust and double decker pizza, wings, sandwiches, steaks,and fall-off-the-bone BBQ baby back ribs. All-you-can-eat lunch buffet Mon -Fri. Signature items: Italian Beef sandwich, Dynamite Sticks, Baby Spinach Salad, 16-Layer Lasagna. Happy Hour 3-6 PM Mon-Fri. Industry Happy Hour in Risky's 11 till close. Kid's Pizza Making Parties(Schedule ahead of time)
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stop here when at the Lake. The food is fine, and so is the service. My kids get a kick out of the fact that they can throw the peanut shells on the floor without me complaining. In fact, I had my own pile before the meal was complete. A country atmosphere, but welcoming. Will likely go back whenever we're in town.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Me and my 5 friends went to JJ twigs I had got the steak and asked for rare and it was will done same as my friend Travis witch we bout got rare and my friend Tyler had medium rare and his was bunrt my girlfriend had chicken fingers anf it was pink in the middle the batter was terrible and my friend Jeremy got his order messed up twice and when he got his food brunt once he got it. It took us almost 2 hours to even get r food. The cost was to much for the poor food we got.Then when we all went home we all had the craps the next 2 hours afther eating me and my friend's WILLNEVER GO BACK!!!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The doors make you feel like you're entering into some sort of vault or something. They're 6-8 inches thick and all wood it is kind of creepy. My husband and I resorted to sitting in the bar area after waiting for about 5 minutes at the hostess stand. While at our seats in the bar area there were turtles fighting in a fish tank right next to the table. Unpleasant. We had to move tables because the ceiling was leaking water onto the center of our table. After moving tables we waited for about 10 minutes and still had not been acknowledged by any employee. I was so disappointed and disgusted that I convinced my husband to get up and leave before ordering. I don't know if they have any employees other than the bartender. There are about 3 lights in entire facility making the restaurant resemble a dungeon. I cannot comment on their food or drinks because we didn't have the opportunity to even try either. I have never written a review before but this place definitely deserved a bad one. This place would be a prime candidate for the show bar rescue. Worst experience at a restaurant since the mcdonalds in Jefferson City.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We live here at the lake and have tried JJ Twigs yearly. We went yet again last week to see if anything had improved. Once again we were very disappointed and will not ever return. Went in and was immediately seated. Waiter came to our table and apologized for the wait which was odd because we just sat down. My wife commented that she was apologizing for the wait we will have. She was right. At 5:05pm we ordered our drinks and an appetizer. One ice tea and 2 waters. At 5:15 our drinks arrived. At 5:40 I asked the waiter about our appetizer. She hurried off and came back with luke warm Onion Rings. They were from a bag in the freezer and not hand battered. If you have eaten frozen rings you know what I'm talking about! Most of the better restaurants around the lake make hand battered onion rings.
We continued to wait while watching 2 other groups come in, order, get their food, and one group left(after eating and getting their bill) before we saw our waiter again. At 6:00pm we decided to leave. 55 minutes to get food in a restaurant with maybe 15 people in it seemed a little long....
We waited by the front to pay for what we had received at that point. The manager came up and said our food was coming up after I told her we would like to pay for what we got and leave. I said no that we would just leave. She asked what we had and after telling her she left and came back with a ticket for the onion rings and drinks. Again telling us she could box up our meal and we could take it with us as it was ready. I have no interest in eating a $20 steak out of a styrofoam box in the car. Told her no. Paid our bill and left. A little surprised she even charged us $9.00 for the appetizer and an ice tea but we weren't looking for anything free.
This has been my experience there several times over the last few years. Great building and decor but the food and service are always poor. We will not go back.

4  Thank dwhuff
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is fun place to bring guests visiting the lake for lunch or dinner. They have a wide variety of food and several people I know really like their pizza. We typically go for their sandwiches. They also serve up peanuts in the shell as appetizers. You just throw the shells on the floor. Reminds me of another restaurant that used to do the same thing. If they are not too busy, think about checking this out.