“Spa Shiki = My Happy Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spa Shiki

Spa Shiki
More attraction details
Owner description: Featured on NBC's Today Show as one of the top spa values in the United States, Spa Shiki at the Lodge of Four Seasons is one of the Midwest's largest full-service resort spas. Located on the water in Lake Ozark, Missouri, Spa Shiki offers a full range of extraordinary treatments for the body and soul, plus sauna, steamroom, whirlpool, and more. Pilates and lifestyle enhancement programs complement the spa experience. Relax, rejuvenate, and renew.
Union, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Spa Shiki = My Happy Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Spa Shiki is healthy for your body, mind, and soul. When you book a treatment, you also get to use the amenities all day. This includes the mediation room, wet and dry saunas, and whirlpool. It's very easy to spend the entire day here. The staff is amazing. They've brought me ice water while in the sauna, regularly pass out smoothie/tea samples, and I've even had them bring me a book light when I was reading so I didn't strain my eyes. Seriously what more could you ask for? The environment is so incredible. My treatments are always a 10/10. I even ran into the wall once I was so relaxed. Just thinking of this place makes me smile. My last visit was in February and I miss it already!

Visited February 2014
Ann B, Owner at Spa Shiki, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Suzanne,

We very much appreciate your positive review! We do our best to accommodate and anticipate our guests needs and I am pleased to hear that you felt so well taken care of. We enjoy it every time that you come into the spa and cannot wait to see you next time!

Namaste!

Union, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Truly the Best Spa in the Midwest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My daughter and I try to visit this spa at least once a year. I wish we could go more often! My last visit was on March 1, 2014, and this time I brought two of my daughters with me. I have been to quite a few spas in the Midwest, but this is the absolutely the best one out there. Over the years I've had massages, facials, pedicures, etc., and I'm always extremely happy with the expertise and knowledge of the staff. The ENTIRE staff treats you like royalty. The setting is beautiful and serene, with just the right lighting. What I really appreciate is that you are welcome to stay the entire day to use the other wonderful amenities. Spa Shiki is our favorite winter escape!

Visited March 2014
Ann B, Owner at Spa Shiki, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Cathy,
Thank you so much for your beautiful review! We love having you every year and we are glad that we continue to be your favorite spa in the Midwest! We pride ourselves on the expertise of our therapists and helping you to feel at home.

Namaste
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“I've been to a lot better places”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

After reading so many excellent reviews for this spa, I decided to take my Mom her for a late-Mother's Day facial while we were in the Ozarks. I have to say that of all the facials I have gotten at a variety of spas, this one was one of the most average, especially for the price. My aesthetician seemed to put only minimal effort forward. The massage elements of the facial were poorly executed. My Mom said her's was nothing special as well. All and all I was a little disappointed with this spa and left feeling a little ripped off.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank snsmith27
Ann B, Owner at Spa Shiki, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Ms. Smith,

Thank you for talking with me via phone today. I apologize that you and your mom did not feel we were above average. In talking with you, I recognize our property can be confusing and it can take some extra time to make it to the spa to arrive on time for your appointments so thank you for taking the time. Again, I appreciate your comments and please know we are growing and learning and will take note of putting some info on the website as to where we are on property and it can take 10-15 minutes to find us from the parking lot. Ann Brown
Jefferson City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lost reservation woes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I planned a last-minute birthday treat for me and my husband and booked a pedicure using the online system. Wanting to ensure that my husband and I could have pedicures at the same time I called the spa to request the appointment for my husband. The person taking the reservation said she saw my reservation and scheduled my husband for the same time and said everything was set. Since the appointment was at 9 a.m. Sunday we decided to stay overnight at the Lodge Saturday. The hotel staff were great, but when we arrived at the spa the young woman at the counter, after having us fill out the information forms, notified me that I didn't have a reservation, the only reservation their system showed was the one for my husband. All she said was "Sorry," and nothing else. She didn't seem very sincere. I asked if there was another time available that morning, but she said they didn't have another opening until much later. So of course we cancelled and I was extremely disappointed since this was for a special occasion. The woman offered us NO HELP whatsoever--such poor customer service. I realize that we hadn't scheduled any high-dollar spa treatments, but we did travel all the way to the Lodge and spent the weekend primarily to visit their business. They should have been more helpful. The hotel staff were very apologetic and took down our contact information--in fact they said they were sure the spa manager would want to talk to us. To date we haven't heard a thing. The spa staff are probably very capable, but there's no reason to go back, EVER. There are other places with equally capable technicians with much more helpful attitudes. I think the front desk person should be better trained to try to resolve these kinds of issues. Surely this isn't the first time this has happened.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dedra E
Ann B, Owner at Spa Shiki, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Deidra-
We are so sorry that we did drop the ball and you and your husband were not able to experience the spa, thank you for taking my call and allowing me to personally apologize to you and your husband and I hope, with my offer and apology, you will come back and actually try the spa! Thank you again for your comments!
Ann brown
Columbia, Missouri, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is one of the best places for a massage. I have had full-day and half-day services. The staff is very experienced. They will suggest products to purchase but are by no means pushy. Wonderfully relaxing environment. I always leave there wondering why I don't drive the hour+ from my home more often to enjoy the facilities. The spa is the crowning jewel of the dated Lodge.

Visited January 2014
Ann B, Social Media Coordinator at Spa Shiki, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your beautiful comments! We love having you and hope you come more often!

Abigail