Stayed Oct 18, 2013 - there for a conference. Booking was easy. First impression was amazing. Didn't last long unfortunately. Walked onto the 2nd floor and noted the hallway carpet looked like someone had vomited all up and down the hall - entered the room and was greeted by a smell as soon as we entered the room. My roommate opened the curtains and we immediately saw beige carpet that had more dirty spots than clean. Literally, filth! Went into the bathroom and noted dirt in the corners, peeling drywall with holes and caulking around the tub that had been done by an amateur. We were headed to a conference so didn't have much time so went to the restaurant to grab a quick supper. Other than being extremely slow (close to an hour), the food was good. Went to the conference and finished about 9:00; asked at the desk about the pool. Told they close when the spa closed - 9:00 on a Friday night! So sorry - try again at 6:00 a.m. We went to the pool area to see if it would be worth it - water was cold. The hot tub was "down for repairs" and looked like it had been down for a while; it looked like the kind of portable hot tub someone would have at home; Not what I would have expected at a high end hotel. Next morning, I did go and ask for the manager - was told I was speaking to the front desk manager. I mentioned that I travel for work several times a year and had never been to a hotel that would actually put guests in a room that had carpet that dirty. He said he would adjust my bill - Not what I was looking for; I wanted reassurance that this was not the norm. He said he would contact the housekeeping supervisor immediately. I waited about 15 minutes and then went to my room, 2022. There were about 5 housekeepers immediately across from my room through double doors that obviously had an outdoor entrance. They were having a good old time, sounded like a party, smoking outside. Didn't see anyone check the room. They were standing directly in the area of the hall that was so disgusting and appeared oblivious to the stains on the carpet! Also, shower - no hot water, lukewarm at best! So for a room that was over $100 which is definitely on the higher side for a hotel in this area - wouldn't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large rooms, onsite Spa and Restaurant, indoor & outdoor pools, and gorgeous scenic views. Just minutes from several state parks, beaches and local attractions. We are the ideal venue for your Lake of the Ozarks business meeting, wedding, banquet or special event. Our skilled staff of professional event planners will make it an event to remember! We can host small groups or groups as large as 1,000! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Country Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Club Hotel And Spa
- Country Club Hotel Lake Ozark
- Country Hotel Lake Ozark
- Country Club Hotel & Spa Lake Of The Ozarks, MO - Lake Ozark