“Romantic and Beautiful”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Fulton, MO
“Romantic and Beautiful”
Reviewed March 29, 2008

Lets just say when we arrived at The Lodge of The Four Seasons it was uninhabitable, outdated and dirty. So we got a refund and checked into the Country Club. Beautiful and quiet it was exactly the place to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversay. We had a beautiful stay and a wonderful breakfast the next morning. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a quiet getaway.

• Liked — Peace and quiet
  • Disliked — Not on the water
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 30, 2007

While most people probably visit the lake area for leisure, I was there to attend a conference. Everyone in my group was under the impression that we had rooms booked at the Lodge of Four Seasons; however, when we arrived we found that was not the case. Apparently due to some mix up with the point of contact in our office, those reservations were not finalized and there were not enough rooms left at the Lodge to accommodate all of us. The Lodge was helpful enough to recommend Country Club Hotel & Spa and check to make sure they had rooms available. We packed up and drove to the new location, and I was immediately impressed by the grounds upon entry. The hotel itself was fantastic, although somewhat quiet. I guess either not many people know about it, or they don't choose to stay there because it isn't on the water. The hallways were extremely wide and well decorated, and the rooms are huge. Some people may find them dated because of the style in which they are decorated, but I found the rooms to be some of the most modern and updated of any place at the Lake. They included a huge, comfortable bed, private balconies, sofas and chairs in a sitting area, a bar area with mini fridge, and even a TV in the bathroom. The only negative this hotel has going for it is location. If you want to be where you'll have a view of the Lake and quick access to the water, then this isn't the place. However, if you're looking for a quiet stay in spacious and luxurious surroundings, then Country Club cannot be beat.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TheFedTraveler
st. louis
Reviewed September 8, 2006

Let me start off by saying I am a travel agent and I know what to expect from hotels. I stayed at the The Country Club Hotel about two months ago and I felt since I was in the travel business I should let people where not to spend their money. When you go to the Lake you would like to have a view of the water, these rooms have no view except of some woods. There are no amenities to offer except some pools (the indoor pool was closed) and some tennis courts. They have a restaurant that plays dixieland music, but this restaurant feels like eating in a nursing home (the clientele was much older). This is probably since dixieland has a very small audience. The inside of the room was okay, but it needed some work. It was not very busy when I was there probably because they do not offer a lot for $150 per night. Their tennis courts are in bad shape and they do have indoor tennis courts, but you can't seem to use them because they were holding a wedding on them. I can't image that holding such events are good for these courts. It is said that when you go to a resort, the few amenities they have are out of use. We went to another resort to partake in their amenities and we will probably stay there next time. Stay away!!!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank skies4less

Travelers are raving about these Lake Ozark hotels

Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2006

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights from August 31. We were supposed to stay 5 nights but we were bored and not impressed. The grounds are dated. The large pool is right by the parking lot. We went to sit out by the pool to read and were told we needed to move because they were setting up for a luncheon there. They told us that we could use one of the other pools on the property. They DIDNT tell us they were a quarte mile away! Later in the day we decided to go back to the main pool and relax. We were all set up and then 35 middle school kids showed up for a birthday party! Footballs were flying across the pool, kids were screaming, and running and jumping around. So we gave up and went inside.

ROOM ITSELF: We stayed in a King Suite. It had a GREAT king bed, large sofa, chair, PLUS breakfast bar and minifridge. THe bathroom even had a TV in it! The furniture was outdated but clean.

HOTEL: We walked around the hotel and found it to be in fair condition. IT was a bit worn.

GROUNDS: THe hotel is NOT on the lake. IT has very little character. No real views or beauty.

Overall, I would say if you just want to stay here to SLEEP at night. IT was fine. BUt overall I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bbahorik
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed January 14, 2006

I made plans for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary the weekend after Thanksgiving. Every detail was taken care of and I cannot thank the Hotel Staff enough for their help in making this special event a truly memorable occasion. The Hotel was spotless, the rooms were large and beds were very comfortable. The New Orleans style restaurant was fantastic...both the food and the first class music from Len Zimmer's combo was truly professional. The small dance floor was great for the "50th anniversary dance" too! We had a beautiful banquet room and catered dinner for the 2nd night and it was decorated above and beyond what I expected. We had 20 people staying at the Hotel and I did not hear even one complaint about anything! The King suite was perfect for my parents; the fridge and bar area were great for the family to stop by for a cocktail party before the big dinner. Service was above and beyond. My Mother left her favorite pillow that she travels with and they promptly mailed it to her the next day. That is first class service. They really made my parents feel special. GREAT JOB!

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank jlinnote
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 9, 2005

Having stayed at different locations in the past at Lake of the Ozarks we were thrilled to having "discovered" this resort hotel. Friends recommended this fine place but we questioned it as we hadn't ever heard of it. We go ahead and take their advice and we are so glad we did. From the time you enter the grounds past the security gate you realize you have entered a high class operation fit for the rich and famous but priced affordibly. The hotel sits atop rolling hills and the view is magnificent. Our room over looked a championship golf cource and in the distance the lake and miles of scenery beyond. During our stay on our deck we watched a mother deer with her fawn, a fox hunting brakfast, a family of raccoons scouting for scraps, and heard turkeys calling in the distance. The sunset was magnificent.
Finding the hotel on your own is impossible without directions as it sets back in the forests away from the hustle & bustle that lake of the Ozarks is noted for. However, my wife & myself no longer desire to be awakened by heavy traffic & the roar of large boats & the running & gunning of bass tournament competitors. We prefer quiet & thats what we found.
If you have young children, there are probably more exciting places to stay. This hotel was built several years back for adults. Sure it has indoor & outdoor swimming pools, pool tables, ping pong etc. but what its theme is directed towards is romancing adults, tennis enthusiasts, a relaxing & affordable spa, a complete exercize room & for those who prefer fine food & drink while listening to world class jazz, the Borbon Street Bar & Grill. I met Lynn Zimmer, the band leader & discovered he has played around the country with many of the greats. The weekend we stayed there we were fortunate that not only was the music live broadcast but also the owner, Dick Hawk, had come down from Leawood Ks. to greet his patrons, MC the show, & later to join the band with his piano playing.
Even if the food hadnt been wonderful and modestly priced for the atmosphere we would have been happy but the whole package: food, drink,& entertainment was at its best.
Lastly I must mention our room. Upon entering we were greeted with the feeling of opulence to the extreme. The decor, quality of furniture, to the complete kitchette fullfilled any need we may have required. But let me tell you my fondest memory: a television in the "John"! what more can you ask for?

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to Country Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!