“Hidden Treasure at the lake”
Review of The Duck - CLOSED

The Duck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great fine dining on the waterfront...The only fine dining restaurant on the water at the Lake of the Ozarks. Come by car or boat. See our website for our current menus.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Duck is a great fine dining restaurant a good distance down Cherokee road off HH (Horseshoe Bend Parkway). It can also be reached from the water at the 4 mile marker.
The service was impeccable and the food was yummy. The view of the lake is wonderful!
As with many places at the lake, there are many steps down to The Duck from it's parking lot. I suggest that you call first to ask about accessibility if the steps are a concern. There may be a way to drive down for a drop off?
Overall a great dining experience!

LakeWineGuy, Owner at The Duck, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Summer is finally getting here, and I agree, the view from our deck is terrific...I never get tired of those sunsets. Thanks too for pointing out one of the potential obstacles down here with all the hills. Since we are right on the water we do have a number of steps down from our parking lot. While some see it as a delightful stroll through the trees, other with mobility problems do have difficulties. But you are also correct that we do have a drive that comes down toward the back of the building. While we can't get you all the way down, we can make it better and I often assist guests with bringing their car down. So, if you have issues with steps, give us a call and let us know, and I'll personally meet you in our drive and guide you in. I'll also turn your car around so you'll be headed the right direction after dinner!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We've have been coming here for years and it is the best restaurant on the Lake! Everyone is soooo nice and friendly and the food and Wine selections are the best!!

LakeWineGuy, Owner at The Duck, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

It was nice seeing you for your first visit of the season. We look forward to your next visit and I know we’re all hoping for a great boating and dining season at The Duck and at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I came to The Duck in October of 2009 while visiting the lake to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. Upon arrival the hostess (who I believe is the owner) wished us Happy Anniversary and congratulated me on my pregnancy. The wait staff was outstanding and very attentive! My husband ordered the lamb and I ordered the duck and both were AMAZING! We are coming to the lake to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary in October and will be making reservations at The Duck to celebrate once again. We're both really looking forward to the attentive service and delicious food.

LakeWineGuy, Owner at The Duck, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thanks you for your kind words. We have a number of couples who make The Duck their go-to fine dining venue for their anniversary and other special occasions. We’re grateful for your support and hope that we can always live up to your expectations, and we’ll be here in October to help you celebrate your 5th anniversary.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were visiting our son’s girlfriend’s family for the first time at the lake over Memorial Day weekend. We wanted to take both families out for a nice dinner, party of 7. After reading all the reviews we decided on “The Duck”. Reservations were at 8:00 Sunday evening. We were promptly seated. We were all hungry so we ordered our drinks, appetizers and entrees all at the same time. A party of 11 was seated after us, but next to us. Drinks and appetizers were served quickly and all were good. Then the evening when downhill. Party of 11 got served their main courses and we had not received our main course. After waiting an hour and half for our dinners to be served, I finally found our server and asked if there was a problem. She said no the kitchen was running behind. Not many customers remained in the restaurant by now. Our dinners were finally served. Steaks, Ahi Tuna and pork chops were under cooked. Side dishes were all cold. Our server took two dinners back, but when returned they were not any better and not eaten. They did take off the price of both and gave us a free round of drinks, but by then our evening was ruined. What a way to impress our guests. Very high prices and very low service! Manager/owner never explained the delay or what had happened. We will never return and our guests that live at the lake will also never suggest going there again.

1  Thank Andrea64068
LakeWineGuy, Owner at The Duck, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

I am very sorry you had a bad experience in our restaurant. Even though it was a busy holiday evening, we always try to serve all guests well. The large table next to you had gathered at the bar and had called in and ordered appetizers earlier that day to be served when seated. While they may have been seated slightly after you, they’re dining experience started before yours and naturaly they received their entrees before you did. Of course you could not have known that, and I could see how you might have thought that we put them ahead of you. As other orders came into the kitchen from other tables, yes the kitchen did fall behind. We also regret that when your dinners arrived you found two of them not to your liking. I respect your decision not to return to us, yet I feel confident that you’ll be able to find restaurants in our beautiful area that you will enjoy. While you were not happy with us, thank you for treating your server well as she worked hard on your behalf. Again, I apologize for not giving you the experience you expected and that most guests received that evening.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

For several years in a row we have celebrated our Anniversary and my husbands birthday at the Duck. Always great! Mark and Donna and Sarah and the whole crew always make us feel welcome. The food is great. Love that they added a cheese plate this year. We get to go there by boat and always have a great time when we are there. One of the only fine dining restaurants at the lake and we are so lucky we get to go there often.

LakeWineGuy, Owner at The Duck, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

The weather cooperated finally and we had a great Memorial Day weekend, didn’t we. While we were quite busy, we’re glad to hear that you anniversary and birthday celebration turned out well. We always enjoy seeing you, and look forward to your next visit.