“The location is the attraction”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
PortSide Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 60 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: American
Description: Lakeview Restaurant and Lounge; traditional cuisine. Sunday Brunch April through October.
Sainte Genevieve, Missouri
“The location is the attraction”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Got in late so I didn't want to go anywhere, even though there are really good restaurants nearby. Just didn't want to get back in the car after driving three hours, partly through rain.

At 9PM there was one person running the bar and waiting tables. OK, only a couple people eating, but there was a conference starting and the bar got pretty full -- and backed up -- quickly.

Food -- well, I had the "fish and chips" (breaded cod and french fries -- they don't call them fish and chips) and it was OK. Fortunately the cook uses malt vinegar for something and the waitress/barkeep brought me the bottle. The people are great, the food was mediocre. Had lunch there the next day -- again, location was the attraction. Friday night a group of us were on the deck, drinking and talking, and were surprised to see the bar close around midnight. Seemed early --

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ed T

“Too many flies!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food was good, but you can get good breakfasts cheaper in the area. There were an inordinate amount of flies in the restaurant.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank mcjrg1994
Osage Beach, Missouri
“High priced, low quality food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We arrived at 6:30pm to an empty restaurant which should have told us something, but we went in. Had our choice of tables. New waitress did her best I suppose, but messed up our orders. I have never seen a restaurant that doesn't offer a dinner salad, but they don't. You can get a salad if you pay extra though, but when I'm paying $22 for a steak, I think you could manage 50 cents worth of ingredients to offer a salad. Steak was OK (nothing special, but nice enough) but our "Loaded" baked potato had maybe 5 bacon bits, a tiny bit of cheese and no scallions at all, for an extra $2, it sure wasn't worth it. Ordered fried shrimp (3) as an "add-on" to our meal and got blackened instead. When finally replaced with fried shrimp, they were so overcooked and/or old they were inedible. We did tell our waitress this and by this point were tired of waiting so told her not to have the cook make more. Our bill was also still charged for the shrimp we could not eat. After 90 minutes (and no dessert menu either) we finally left...still the only people who had been in the restaurant all night. Very Very disappointing meal

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank kittyluvr3
John C, General Manager at PortSide Restaurant, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our Restaurant. I am so sorry you didn’t have a pleasurable dining experience. If you could contact me at The Resort regarding this I would appreciate it. It is our goal that each guest of our hotel and restaurant leave satisfied and wants to return. Again I apologize for the issues you encountered during your dining experience.
Lake Ozark, MO
“Used to be a Holiday Inn restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

They have a great chef and I didn't discover how good he was until a group I belong to had a luncheon here. Hubby and I have come here for Sunday brunch for years but lunch and dinner are great too. Great service and if you can't eat an adult brunch, you can ask for the kid's brunch, an excellent value for us seniors! I highly recommend this former Holdiay Inn restaurant.

Visited May 2012
John C, General Manager at PortSide Restaurant, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review about our Restaurant. We really appreciate the kind words about our food and service. Remember to join us for our Thanksgiving Feast as Chef Joey Wilson and his staff prepares a fabulous menu for brunch and plated specials Thanksgiving Night.
Carthage, Missouri
“Great Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We ate the breakfast buffet on a Saturday. The wait staff was friendly and attentive, the food was hot, flavorful and plentiful…we would definitely dine here again!

Visited September 2012
John C, General Manager at PortSide Restaurant, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
We really appreciate your kind words about our restaurant and for taking time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and look forward to having you back again very soon.