“Great Happy Hour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baxter's Lakeside Grille

Baxter's Lakeside Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Baxter's Lakeside Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: An authentic American restaurant with a great bar … That’s the idea behind Baxter’s. We’re perfect for just about any dining occasion or gathering that calls for great food, warm, personal service and an inviting, casual atmosphere. Our classic American restaurant builds on the rich history and tradition the Lake Area is known for. We use only the finest, freshest ingredients, coupled with personal service and warm, inviting surroundings. We’re happy to bring this dining experience to the Lake of the Ozarks. Baxter’s is the perfect place for a business or casual lunch, a special evening out, a family get together after a long day on the Lake, or “just because.” We can accommodate most any group — from an intimate dinner for two to a business or family party — in our private dining room. And don’t forget our classic American bar, one of the Lake’s great places to meet friends and family.
Kansas City, MO
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Always a pleasure to visit Baxter's. Great happy hour--wish it went until 7 p.m. But Ted and entire staff are great and Bernie is best bartender at the lake! food is tops and service is excellent. Prices are reasonable. Highly recommend.

Visited December 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Baxters Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had a bad experience. The restaurant was running a special for gift cards. If you bought a $100 gift card, they gave you a free $25 gift card. We stopped in on the next to last day of our visit to the area to buy the $100 gift card and have lunch. After we bought and paid for the $100 card, they informed me that the $25 card would not be activated for a week or so and that the $100 card I just bought and paid for, would not be activated for 24 hours. We wanted to use the card we bought and paid for to pay for our meal while we were there. Obviously, we could not use either card that day even though they had $100 of my money. We would not be there in 24 hours us use the card.
I understand having a policy on the additional free $25 gift card as some might abuse, but to not be able to use the $100 card we just bought was absurd. The saddest part was them putting policy above people. I had two managers and two other staff in front of me with not a single one hearing what I had to say. If I had not mentioned that I was going to use the $100 card to pay for lunch, I would have been sadly surprised when I attempted to pay with that card. This cost them my business and likely other business as well. I was more concerned that they had no way of satisfying this customer who just put down $100 that would not apply to our meal. I cannot recommend an establishment that gives such little concern to customer satisfaction. They would be wise to dump the deal that might be costing them customers rather than getting them customers.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lake Ozark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Been there several times and the food is always great. The staff is helpful and engaging...they remember you when returning. Go early...after six becomes very busy. Also happy hour is great!

Visited October 2013
Bates City Missouri
“Awesome restaurant, NYC like”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try after reading the TA reviews. didn't just want the norm grilled fish steaks or prime rib. We opted for the Cajun shrimp andouille pasta and grilled stuffed tilapia. Had the calamari Cajun dusted appetizer was very good lightly dusted and a large plate for $13. Salads were fresh and crisp with a good mix of lettuces. Blue cheese dressing obviously homemade and not mayo tasting. Beer selection decent but a bit pricey compared to other similar restaurant bars nearby. Overall good was very good and we will be back !

Olathe, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dinner Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

One of the top 5 dinners of my life! The view was amazing as the storm rolled in and went out, the food was incredible, the service the best I have ever had. Here recommendations were right on and dinner was incredible all the was around.

Visited November 2013