“NICE DINNER”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Food was great, service was wonderful, beautiful view of the Lake during dinner; but a little overpriced. Try the Russian Margarita...it's WONDERFUL!!!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The experience fulfilled my expectations. Our server was very attentive. I particularly appreciated her updates on when our food would be served since the kitchen was busy. It makes waiting much more pleasant. We had lobster (an ample portion) that was cooked to perfection. I usually go to another restaurant for their fried lobster but preferred this version. Escargot had a puffed pastry layer covering large, tender, garlic-butter soaked snails. The onion soup rivaled that of the former Famous-Barr department store. Salad and vegetable were included with the entree, an exception to many restaurants. Corkage fee was $15, and the list of after- dinner ice cream drinks was extensive. While they couldn't guarantee our request for a lakeview table, they were able to honor it upon arrival. I appreciated being directed to our seats immediately and not being escorted to the bar while our table was prepared. We had reservations, and the line of patrons waiting for a table made me happy we did. Great value for the high quality of food and drink!

2  Thank sunandsizzle412
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. We had toasted ravioli for an appetizer, I had the ribeye and my wife had butterfly shrimp. Everything was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection. Often when I order medium, you never know if it is going to be closer to well done or rare (and most restaurants are on one side or the other) but the steak was excellent and spot on. It is a little pricey ($20-$25 for many of the entrees) but for this special occasion, it was worth it. View of the lake was a nice touch but great food to celebrate with my wife -- Bentley's help make this a special night for us! You receive excellent service -- we went a little early but they have plenty of wait staff so you are well taken care of all night. Our waiter was excellent and we never had to ask for anything. Formal dining setting without the formal clothing required.

1  Thank Randy1964
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had not been to Bentley's in 20 years, but after having a poor steak the night before at Baxter's I was ready for a restaurant I could depend on. Bentley's has the classic steakhouse look and feel. That might be a little tired for some but like I said I was ready for a classic. They do have a very nice new outdoor patio. We did not get to check it out because it was raining but it looked great. From the minute we arrived the service was superb, even though the bar was very busy. I had the escargot with a large filet and salad. I also had the chocolate monk after my meal. Everything was excellent, with the other members of my party complimenting on the quality of their prime rib and crab legs as well. At the table we never wanted for anything as the service was always on their toes. I guess it is easy to see why Bentley's has been around so long.

1  Thank DD61Paola_Ks
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had been here a couple of times many years before, and were not much impressed. Inside has had a remodel, and the patio outside is amazing! Great view, lovely cocktails, terrific food, good service, and a good value for the money. We will definitely be returning!!!

2  Thank NanaCof3