We spent four days here over the 4th of July weekend. This is a beautiful newer hotel with condo ammenities. There is a living room and kitchenette when you walk in with a leather pullout sofa in the living room, very comfy, an entertainment center with a large flat screen t.v., dvd/cd player, tuner with surround sound, and a fireplace that operates by remote control. The kitchenette has a 2 burner flat cooktop, microwave oven, dishwasher, minifrig, and sink with disposal, though we never found the switch to operate the disposal. Countertops are granite with a breakfast bar and 2 bar chairs.
The bedroom has a king size bed with wonderful linens and duvet. There were 6 of the fluffiest pillows that I have ever seen. The mattress was so comfortable that I didn't even know when my husband got up during the night. I wished that I could have brought the whole bed home with me. There is a sliding glass door with automatic sliding drapes that you operate with a wall switch. You step out onto the large balcony where there are 2 chairs and a small table. We had a great view of the lake, marina , and the Toad Cove Entertainment Complex. The bathroom has a large 2 headed tiled shower, one shower head on each end of the shower with controls that allow you to use one or both heads, there is a tiled seat in the shower but no tub. There is also a small flat screen tv in the bathroom. Plenty of fluffy towels and washclothes. A hairdryer that dried my hair in 5 minutes and I have thick hair. There are 3 closets across the hall from the bathroom, one held hangers and 2 terry cloth robes, one held a front loading washer/dryer combo and electronic safe, and the last one had extra pillows, blankets, and linens for the sofa bed. There are large mirrors on all the closet doors.
There is plenty to do in the complex. There is a large pool with swim-up bar, 2 hottubs, a marina where you can rent waverunners, a exercise facility with new equipment, a gameroom with a pool table, and one arcade game. A sand volleyball court. The entertainment complex had a restaurant with good to excellent food, a nightclub, bar and grill, and a small minimart. There is a clothing and jewelry store along with another bar in the lobby which is actually the 4th floor.
The staff is very friendly. The front desk staff asked if we were having a good time each time we came into the lobby.
Suggestions that I have include bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. They have a band that plays on the outdoor stage from approx. 5 p.m until 1 a.m.. It didn't bother us because they were playing music from the 80's and 90's. You can also hear music from Shady Gator's which is across the cove. We didn't hear our neighbors but you can hear the elevator ding when it opens and closes. Do not overload the washer/dryer like I did or it will vibrate like crazy. I thought it was going to break the closet door down until I could get it stopped, also, your clothes will not dry if the load is too big. Apparently it has sensors that evaluate the wetness of the clothing and then sets the time to dry. Mine dried for over 3 hours and I finally had to shut it off due to a burning smell and they still weren't dry.
This is a great place to stay, we had beautiful fireworks displays both July 3rd and 4th. Unfortunatly, it started pouring during the July 4th display and they had to end it quickly. Many other fireworks displays waited until the rain quit and we were able to see these over the lake. We spent many hours just sitting on the balcony watching the boats come in and out.
We will be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club at Toad Cove is the newest and most luxurious full-service Hotel to open at the Lake of the Ozarks in nearly a decade. The Resort is located adjacent to the famous H. Toad’s Entertainment Complex at the seven-mile marker of Lake of the Ozarks and covers over a quarter of a mile of shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Camden on the Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camden On The Lake Resort, Spa, And Yacht Club
- Camden On The Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club Hotel Lake Ozark
- Hotel And Yacht Toadcove
- Camden On The Lake Resort Lake Of The Ozarks, MO - Lake Ozark