My stay at Camden on the Lake in August 2013 as less than stellar, in fact, it was awful! This property was one of the recommended overflow locations for a week-long conference at a different location. I was originally placed in their condo demo, the person at the front desk had to ask others how to get to the room (not a good sign). I had the displeasure of pulling a large suitcase and two bags up and down stairs and through a very dirty maintenance area to get to my room. Upon arrival it was very evident the room had not been cleaned in a very long time, the dark countertops had a tick layer of dust, the air vents were very dirty and there were sunflower seed shells in various places on the floor. I quickly discovered the electronic locking mechanism for the main door to the condo would not lock. As the maintenance employee was working on the main door, I walked over to the large sliding glass patio door and discovered that door would not lock as well. Someone shoved a dime in the main door's lock and had driven screws into the lock for the patio door, I immediately requested a different room, which meant I had to carry my luggage through the dirty maintenance area and up and down stairs again. Apparently customer service and service recovery is a far-fetched concept for this property. They placed me on the 3rd floor in a double room that was a little bit cleaner compared to the first room (still had a layer of dust on the black countertops). These rooms are aesthetically pleasing at first glance, but if you look closer it becomes obvious corners were cut with materials as the furniture was heavily damaged, walls were marked up, and the crown molding on the entertainment center was coming apart. The bathroom looks great, with the nice tile, large counter, and double-headed shower, but unfortunately there was a major mold issue in the shower, it was disgusting! It appeared as though the property chose to use residential quality materials verses high traffic/durable materials like most hotels use. The accent pillows on the bed had stains, the electronic curtain was broken, and the air conditioner primarily cooled the kitchenette area, not the bedroom. The noise was another issue, and if I was 10 years younger with my friends I probably would not have minded the bass-thumping music that would end sometime between 11PM and 1AM depending on the night. I will never stay at this property ever again, and I will never recommend this property to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club at Toad Cove is the newest and most luxurious full-service Hotel to open at the Lake of the Ozarks in nearly a decade. The Resort is located adjacent to the famous H. Toad’s Entertainment Complex at the seven-mile marker of Lake of the Ozarks and covers over a quarter of a mile of shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Camden on the Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camden On The Lake Resort, Spa, And Yacht Club
- Camden On The Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club Hotel Lake Ozark
- Hotel And Yacht Toadcove
- Camden On The Lake Resort Lake Of The Ozarks, MO - Lake Ozark