Originally we were quoted $125/night but arrived to find it was $149 + $50/night for our little dog = $199! This was January ( the off season)and the spa was closed, there was no pool, and no breakfast. We were charged $6 each for a reheated donut & coffee in the lobby! We ate it because that was all there was....
The rooms we were offered were both very dirty. We were given Rm 410 on arrival & the carpet had large areas of sticky brown liquid spilt. We were the only ones on that floor of the hotel, so asked to be moved to a) a clean room, and b) a room looking at the water & marina instead of looking at the parking lot. We were told it would cost $30/night more to be on the marina side with a view of the lake. So we took Room 407 again looking out at the parking lot, but it was dirty too. We cleaned the toothpaste off the doors and mirrors in the bathroom, cleaned the walls around the kitchenette covered in food residue, cleaned the stovetop and cleaned the pots, dishes and glasses which had all been put away dirty. Our dog found and brought out items from around the bed: papers, a bottlecap and deodorant. The safe was non-functioning and the hook on the back of the bathroom door was broken off and left on the counter. Even the next day it seemed there were only 2 or 3 rooms taken in the entire hotel and we confirmed that there was no-one else on our entire floor. Why we couldn't have a room to at least look out at the water was beyond me.
The rooms with marble baths and high ceilings aspire to elegance, and look impressive on first sight, but they are not well maintained and Overpriced. I don't know what previous reviewer J W was talking about - we didn't see the things he mentions. There was little to do, and we were there for 2 nights with spa closed and no indoor pool. Even the hotel shop was closed. The outdoor pool was drained and empty. I sat in the outdoor hot tub briefly but it was lukewarm.There is no decent restaurant - just a sports bar with big blaring TV screens, & a pub menu. There were a few local guys watching TV sports, shouting at the screen and drinking. We tried to ignore them as we drank our bottle of overpriced wine and had our mediocre dinner, and went back to our room. Not the romantic getaway we had imagined!
The location is beautiful. And this place has such potential. It was obviously built to try to pull in the luxury market, but the owner(s) are just not making an effort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club at Toad Cove is the newest and most luxurious full-service Hotel to open at the Lake of the Ozarks in nearly a decade. The Resort is located adjacent to the famous H. Toad’s Entertainment Complex at the seven-mile marker of Lake of the Ozarks and covers over a quarter of a mile of shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Camden on the Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camden On The Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club Hotel Lake Ozark
- Camden On The Lake Resort, Spa, And Yacht Club
- Hotel And Yacht Toadcove
- Camden On The Lake Resort Lake Of The Ozarks, MO - Lake Ozark