All reviewsswim up baroff seasonsurround soundshady gatorslake resortelectric fireplacedual shower headshorny toadsummer monthswasher dryerking suitebeautiful roomsmall kitchenjetted tubliving roomthe entire resortdvd player
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was suppose to have a reduced rate because I was there for a conference, they would not honor the rate. Tried to make an appointment with the spa, no openings and they were rude. Then we had a smoke alarm go off in the middle of the night 4 times, we had to leave the room there was not a discount given even when asked. Bottom line is their customer service sucks!

I will never go back to this hotel again, I asked them to make it right and I would not send this feedback out but they made no attempt to make it right.

Room Tip: Skip this place the room are loud because the nightly bands are right outside the windows!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
HToad, Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

I apologize for the mis-understanding regarding our room rate for your conference. The organizer for your conference had set a cut-off date for registration to allow ample time to plan the event. Even though your registration was last minute and well after that date, we have applied a credit to your credit card account to make up the difference. Unfortunately, our calls and messages to you have not been returned so that we could offer an explaination.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Room was much smaller than promised; stains on the walls; bathroom was filthy. Front desk was very rude when I called to complain. They didn't know anything about room rates, reservation processes, etc. Was told that it would be best to wait until a manager decided to show up. Will definitely not be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank kymadams
HToad, Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at Camden on the Lake. We consider customer feedback to be a valuable tool in the management of a resort such as ours. Your comments will be read and discussed at our weekly staff meeting. Please accept our apologies for your unacceptable experience and we hope that you will try us once again sometime.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had a room overlooking the lake..full amenities and felt like I was in my own condo with a full kitchen, huge bathroom with tile walls/floors and oversized bedding with the most luxurious comfortors and pillows!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and have special amenities to make it feel like your very own condo!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mdelecaris

We are delighted that you enjoyed our resort! Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience and please come back real soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband booked a King Studio here Aug 9th- 12th to get away for our babymoon. This is a very nice place with nice rooms, mini kitchenettes and comfy beds but we literally felt like we were in a college dorm our entire stay. Please make sure you know that this hotel sits in what is known the be the Lake's biggest party area with the bars that connect. The first night the fire alarms went off around 11:30pm so we had to evacuate. After we evacuated down to the main entrance we were told a steam pipe had burst which caused the alarms to go off. Once we returned to our rooms and got settled back into bed the alarms went off again and then a 3rd time before finally they got them under control. After that we had to listen to carpet cleaners until 2am as they were cleaning up the water from the pipe. 2nd and 3rd nights were unbelievably loud with drunk college kids coming back from partying, playing music in the hallway, doors slamming and yelling. We had to call security both nights. I would not recommend this place for couples or family. The pool is very small and is a party pool. I would not bring my children here. When we checked out we told them how unhappy we were with our stay and that we would not be back and they did knock half of our bill down. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a place to party.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SAFuller08

Thanks for letting us know about your experiences at our resort. We are so sorry about the noise and many fire alarms while you were here, and hope that refunding half of your money made things a little better. We are working on ways to better control the noise inside the hotel on weekends and we do hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We just stayed at the resort August 8th - 10th. The pictures online looked great so we were very excited. We attempted to check in early and were told there were no rooms available but if we come back in an hour they would be ready. So we came back about 2 hours later and they still did not have a room for us. Thankfully one became available after about 15 more minutes. The room itself was spacious but the pull out bed was horrible for my son to sleep on. I also noticed the shower tile/grout had mold growing on it.
I was also traveling with a 7 month old and was pushing a stroller around most of the time. There are no automatic or handicap access doors in this hotel. I struggled repeatedly just getting our stroller in and out the front of the hotel. I am not even sure if it is up to code. I do not know what a person in a wheelchair would do. I also noticed a similar issue in the pool area. It has a bar in the center and although I was not hanging out at the bar with my infant there is no way a wheelchair bound person could go to the bar.
Something else worth mentioning, is that they have live music every night until 11:00. This would be great for people without children but it was quite bothersome trying to get the kids down when the music is blasting.
To top it all off once we got home my older son broke out into a rash all over his body. After a trip to the urgent care I was informed that he has a skin infection from a swimming pool/hot tub. I did notice the second day of our stay that one of the hot tubs was taped off so no one could get in....although my son had been in there the day before.
We will not be going back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LAP819

Thank you for writing about your experience at our resort. I can assure you that our facility meets all codes and we pass all inspections with flying colors. I can also assure you that our pools and hot tubs are cleaned and tested daily to meet all health code standards. The hot tub was closed the day you were leaving, to be drained as someone broke a wine glass nearby during the night before. We hope you will visit us again sometime.