“Choose Camden!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
St Louis
“Choose Camden!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Upon entrance to hotel, my family was quickly greeted by friendly & accommodating staff. A beautiful & modern interior with a wonderful lake view. Our King Studio room was clean and up-to-date with a kitchen that included a sink, stove & supplies. The bathroom was amazing with dual shower heads and a flat screen TV. Lakeview from deck was relaxing. Comfortable king bed. Child slept well on a pull out sofa bed. At least 2 nice gift shops, 3 story restaurant/bar with friendly/helpful staff as well as large outdoor music venue with iive music outdoors & indoors at night. Clean pool with swim up bar and a DJ playing music all day. Helpful staff outside rented wave runners to my family. You will enjoy your visit at Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank PBJStLouis
HToad, Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thanks for taking a moment to write about your experience at Camden on the Lake. It sounds like we did a pretty good job taking care of your needs. We will work hard at continuing that level of service and hope you will choose us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed a year ago and the only complaint was a breakfast that was overlooked twice but remedied by giving it to us for free. This year, however, was a bit different. Our room was well maintained, meaning there were no stains on the carpet or carvings on anything. Unfortunately, I had to write a list of things to clean that the maid seemed to ignore before our arrival and deliver to the front desk. Here's the list: toilet seat was loose, a green balloon was by the wall next to the toilet, desk chair was sticky (not sure I really want to know what caused that!), hard floors not swept, safe was dead and never fixed, mattress pad was uncomfortable and never secured to mattress so it wrinkled and moved through the night, fitted sheet was inside out and the bed skirt was tucked in on both sides at top of bed. For the amount of money we spent per night, the room should have been perfect. My list of problems were addressed and we were given two free drinks while we waited. Normally I would have overlooked a thing or two but there were so many I felt they needed to know. I hope management addresses any issues they have so they do not fall by the wayside like so many of the other hotels at the Lake. We absolutely love the pool bar and the nightlife Camden affords us. "Boogie Chyld" and "Those Guys" played last night and were outstanding! Part of the draw of this hotel is the nightlife and the loud music until the early hours of the night. Will we come back? Most likely....

Room Tip: Jacuzzi tub fits one person. Suites facing Shady Gators good for nightlife lovers.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mkcate
Thank you for writing about your visit to our resort. Customer feedback is very important to us and your comments have been the topic of several meetings with our housekeeping staff. Please accept my apology for their unacceptable performance and we hope you will come back and stay with us again. I too think that Boogie Chyld is a fantastic group.
Saint Clair, Missouri
Reviewed July 26, 2012

rooms were filthy, had huge stains in the carpets, and curtains. there was stuff on the walls that was gross, the light switches were not clean. had a bug crawl out the our towels. the music was always loud from shady gators so you cant just sit on patio and relax. plus my grandma slept with ear plugs in!!! they messed up, and didnt give my grandmother a handicap room, so that was another mess. the spa recently got new managers or owners. 3 wks prior to our trip we had to re-book all 15 people that we had in our group for all the spa services we had picked out bc the new people decided not to keep it booked, even though they stated they were still using the same program. then they changed prices and tried charging some people in our group different prices! I do not want to go back to this place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
florissant mo
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This place is wonderful. It was a very enjoyable experience.
I recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank steven s
Missouri
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Camden is a beautiful and much newer hotel. The rooms are gorgeous and very well designed. I wouldn't mind living in a room like I had. It had everything-kitchenette, washer/dryer in one(which was really cool), HUGE shower and wonderful jet tub, comfy bed, and awesome views of the lake. I didn't have any problems with staff, etc. It's some of the little things that I noticed that weren't as impressive...
-first off...DO NOT go on a weekend- our room was well away from the bar but you could hear the live entertainment clearly (even from the parking lot). it was SO LOUD until 1am, which made it darn near impossible to get any decent sleep. there are lots of people who like to party that come here and they party well past any decent hour very loudly..
-second, most things seemed pretty clean-I did notice there were cobwebs many locations throughout the room and on the patio, there were stains on some of the linens we had which I have no idea what it was but hopefully it was washed
-our room had an unusual time with the hot water-first night trying to take a bath/shower and all I got was cold water so we called the front desk and they told us to run the cold water for a while and it would turn hot, which it did eventually but still I would expect a place this expensive/upscale would have instant hot water

Overall I say give it a try but just watch the little things and if you don't feel like shelling out big bucks then there are other nice places to stay too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank twister8263
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The rooms are beautiful! Amazing bathroom, kitchenette, and decor. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was furnished beautiful. All for a reasonable price. The staff was very friendly. The workout room was nice and had a beautiful view. Loved the pool and access to the lake.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LisaG814
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My fiance and I headed to the Lake for a relaxing vacation. I grew up on the Lake and wanted to show my fiance what a fantastic place it could be. I had hyped up the Horny Toad to her stating that we had to plan a romantic evening and get a Lake view room. That I had the perfect place with a gorgeous view of the Lake. So after leaving the kiddos at Grandmas we headed to the Toad. We arrived at the Hotel and was greeted by two friendly young men at the desk. After getting a Lake view Grand Suite for $286.00 after taxes and resort fees we headed up to our room. The entire 6th floor smelt like weed with loud music blaring out of a couple of rooms. Our room number was 609. First thing we noticed when we opened our door was how horrible the carpet looked. You couldn't look 4 feet without seeing a stain. The coffee table had carvings in it from what looked to be a knife. We called down and requested another room. Again the staff was very friendly. We got a similar room on the fifth floor room number 505. We opened the door and we notice the carpets aren't much better. Embarrasing! We thought we would be staying in a perfect room for the price we paid but that was not going to be rhe reality of things. We headed out for the night to see Contagious and eat 2 star dinners at 4 star prices. Drinks however weren't bad and priced good. After a late night it was nice to be able to get some grilled food as well. In the end after our stay we discovered a loose wobbling toilet a shower door that wouldnt close all the way, and a malfunctioning washer/dryer. I guess Merlin, the previous owner put all the money in this place and now that the bank owns it they can reep the benifits without putting a dime into the place. If you are young, in college and have some extra cash to blow for partying hard then this is the place for you. If you are over thirty and want to have a romantic nice evening with your loved one and get your hard-earned money's worth then avoid like the plauge.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank McGill50
HToad, Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Camden on the Lake. I am sorry that everything was not as it should have been during your stay. Our management team meets weekly to discuss customer comments and we try to find solutions for the issues brought up by our guests. It's embarrassing that we have failed so miserably in the carpet cleaning area, but it's not for a lack of effort or money. Several different cleaning methods have been tried to no avail and we are now in the process of soliciting bids for carpet replacement. I can assure you that the replacement carpet will be of a higher quality than the original. We hope you will try us again and see a noticable improvement.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Ozark
#13 of 15 in Osage Beach
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to Camden on the Lake Resort? Share your experiences!