“GREAT PLACE!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Rogers, AR
“GREAT PLACE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed for New Years. Although it wasn't the first time we stayed, we were still amazed at the beauty! The room was wonderful, as always, and this time we even had a fireplace. Staff is firendly and views are spectacular! We love this place and will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mckillip09
HToad, Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for celebrating the New Year with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and Thank You for being a repeat customer. We hope to see you again and again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Its a little out of the way but none the less Wonderful Resort couldn’t ask for more! The staff at H. Toads and Camden on the Lake was surprisingly spectacular! Fast and speedy check in was wonderful when asked about the hot tub being open and for how long. The gentleman helped us with our bags to load them on a dolly for us (wasn’t expecting that) was a delight to know that hotels still do that. When we got to our room to our surprise it was so big compared to the pictures we seen on the internet. We were a little worried about it being noisy from other reviews we read however we had the best sleep of our lives. The beds are one of the best I have ever had the chance to sleep in. The kitchen was fully stocked with pots and pans and dishes! However we decided to eat at H. Toad's it was nice to know that if we wanted to we could Dine-In. The food at H. Toads was wonderful and service there was amazing. I will be sure to return in the summer when there are a few more things to do in the area!

Room Tip: Spend the money to upgrade to the Grand one bedroom suite its worth it!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jack H
We are all so happy that you enjoyed your visit to our resort enough to write this wonderful review. Thank you for your business and we will continue to work hard so that your next visit gives the same impression.
Springfield, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Overall, I am not happy with my experience at this resort. First, upon arrival, we noticed there were 3 cars in the parking lot, which led us to believe we would have the run of the hotel for the most part, and get excellent service. Boy were we wrong. Having booked our room through Expedia, apparently the resort gives the worst rooms to those who get a decent room rate. With the hotel virtually empty, we got the absolute worst room in the complex with a lovely view of the roof of the valet portico. The manager was nice enough, in a patronizing sort of way, to change us to another room with a partial lake view.

It was immediately evident in the new room that people had been smoking in it. I am a smoker myself, but do not smoke inside. There were stains on the throw pillows that were a white color, making us not hazard any guesses as to what they were made of. Dirty walls, some rotten wood trim, and a large hairball on the bathroom floor rounded out the room inspection.

Don't get me wrong, the room was very nice, but it just needed a good deep cleaning. My guess is a hard summer of partying had taken its' toll on the room. However, it is now December, and I think it's time for a deep cleaning.

Hotel desk staff were not overly friendly, and disinterested in us as guests, as evidenced by the fact that he and the manager were chit-chatting the whole time during check-in.

Perhaps this review is a bit harsh, but I expected more from a resort that has a 4 star rating. Someone needs to explain to the staff that the property is only half of the rating, the other half is the service, and treating your guests as guests. I felt as if they felt they were doing us a favor letting us stay there for our anniversary.

My partner works for Expedia, and he knows a thing or two about the hotel business, we are not fools or first time travelers, but Camden on the Lake staff apparently viewed us as such. Will we be coming back? No.

We did enjoy the jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Grand suites and jacuzzi suites are the only rooms with actual lake views.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Donny S
HToad, Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about you experience at Camden on the Lake. We apprieciate feedback from our customers and consider it to be a valuable tool in the management of a facility such as ours. Your comments will be read, discussed and reviewed during our next weekly staff meeting and adjustments to our policies and procedures will be made. We apologize for your experience and can only hope that you will try us again.
Lawrenceville, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

A nice resort with character, lake views and spacious rooms. There was a party downstairs one night but noise was not a problem. All in all a peaceful place. Liked the shower.
Despite iffy reviews about the bar / restaurant (one comment was, It's a bar!) we had a very good late dinner when it was too cold and late to look elsewhere. I insanely ordered French Onion soup and loved it.
Not normally my neck of the woods but a nice place to find at the end of the day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ASH08648
HToad, Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our property, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also delighted that you found H. Toad's Bar & Grill to be a place you would recommend. I also think the French Onion soup is fantastic and I'm glad you took the chance on it. We will look forward to your next vist.
Springfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I reviewed this hotel as being noisier than spring break in Daytona. I had asked to speak to the manager whom I was told was not in on Sundays. I was promised the manager was going to call me "personally" when he gets in. Six weeks later still no word from the management of Camden on the Lake. Perhaps my experience was an anomaly not worth management's attention; I don't know what their philosophy towards complaints are.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anthony T
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 21st Anniversary. Our room was clean, very spacious, nicely decorated and comfy bed. We had a large balcony, fireplace, small kitchen area withgranite bar and large bathroom. There were comfy robes for each of us in the closet. Our room was on the street side but we also had a great view of the lake from the balcony. The bathrooom towels could use some fabric softner. We look forwarding to visiting during the summer and bringing the family. Since we visited in the Fall is was quiet and the Ozarks were beautiful. I'm sure this is a great place to visit during the summer with LOTS to do.

We had lunch at ON THE RISE. It was a great restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch only. It is pricey but the food and atmosphere was great. Most restaurants in the area were on the expensive side.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 5Havingfun
Thanks for telling everyone about your visit to Camden on the Lake. I will mention the lack of fabric softener to our laundry team at our next meeting. We look forward to your visit this summer!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed at this property over this last weekend and it was great. I was a little fearful after reading some of the other reviews, but I can assure you that we had nothing but an excellent time at this location. Our room was large, clean and decorated well. The shower was luxurious with two shower heads and was like standing in soft falling rain. The pool was beautiful, and the view was lovely. The hardest thing was to get me to go do anything else because I didn't want to leave the room. The kitchenette provided a small refrigerator and microwave, as well as cups, plates, utensils, etc. We had a stereo and dvd player with sound throughout the suite. We even had a flat screen TV in the bathroom with a remote. I only have good things to say about this hotel. We certainly enjoyed ourselves and hope to return.

Room Tip: Ask for lakefront room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
LakeHouse Hotel
LakeHouse Hotel
#1 of 14 in Osage Beach

Been to Camden on the Lake Resort? Share your experiences!