“What a disappointment”

Lodge of Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Reviewed August 1, 2007

We planned a family trip for 23 people. All were disappointed with the accomendations. Two families stayed at the lodge and the rest of us shared 3 bedroom condos. This resort is in desperate need of a remodel. The lodge looks like it hasn't been updated since the 70s. Our condo stove has probably never been cleaned, the smoke detector went off everytime we turned the oven on. We each found leftover objects in our rooms, including hairbrushes, fruit, socks and shoes. We were told we would be placed near each other and the condos were in "walking distance".....this was not so. I would never stay here again or recommend this to anyone......

Oh, and they overcharged two of us.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank asprtgrl
There are newer reviews for Lodge of Four Seasons

Reviewed July 15, 2007

I couldn't find one negative thing about my stay at The Lodge this past weekend. Everything was great. The rooms, pools, bed, TV, the grounds. Everybody (i didn't know) said the same thing. I can't figure out where some people are having such a problem with the place. I'm a hard person to please, too. My daughter and I can't wait to go back. Seasons Bay # 367. The price was right. I will be back soon and I hope I don't run into such negative people. I'm sure I won't because they say they won't be back. That will make everyones stay that much more enjoyable.

Steve & Julia

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2007

I don't know what resort the people who gave a negative review stayed at, but I tried evrything I could to find something wrong with this wonderful resort. I couldn't find anything. (unless you call not filling up the fish food machine so my daughter could feed the fish in the Japaneese Garden) I didn't see the reviews until after I booked my reservations, so I was kinda freaking out. I am glad I don't believe everything I read. I spoke to about 8 different couples about their views, and they were all very pleased. My 11 year old daughter loved it as much as I did. I will defintley be back, and I will look forward to it more than ever. The staff was great, the rooms were very clean, and smelled fine. The pools were very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. I wanted to say hello to my new buddy Kevin, from K.C., and his wife. Hope to see you again. I give this resort an A.

Steve & Julia

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank TELLY1961
Reviewed July 10, 2007

We stayed in the Marina Bay Building #4506 for one night. I now see why you cannot view this room on their website, as it has not been updated since the 1980s (maybe the 70s). The room smelled, mold was growing in the upper corners of the walls and bugs were rampant. Normally, I can give the benefit of the doubt, but I was very disappointed by the Lodge with this accomodation. I don't believe that this building is an overall accurate picture of the Lodge, but they either need to tear down this building and come up with something new...or consider some serious renovations (along with a price cut). From what I've heard from others and what I saw in the lobby and on the grounds, this place is gorgeous. I was impressed upon driving in. But to charge $145 a night for a room that has broken tiles in the bathroom, bugs crawling over the patio windows, outdated and flimsy furniture, a rank smell...and extremely thin walls and floors...is misleading. We were woken up multiple times during the night by our upstairs neighbors, who were not doing anything out of the ordinary, just walking in their room. We did enjoy the main pool outside the lobby, it was quiet and we were joined by a lone duck looking for friends. Other guests were courteous, and the staff was very nice. The Lan'ai suites looked very nice and you could tell the "Season's Bay" building was one of the newer buildings (the entire building was taken up by conference-goers). I would suggest this property for it's golf and other accomodations...but would suggest somewhere else if the Marina Bay rooms were all that were available at the time.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Busigrrl21
Reviewed July 6, 2007

The Lodge should be ashamed of the cost of their rooms in relation to the quality. Each morning we had bugs in the bathroom, centipedes, ants and bugs I did not know the names of....The faucets in the sink and shower did not work-how did it come for a guest to discover if they clean the room each day? Speaking of clean, the non-smoking rooms have cigarette burns and left over ashes. The bed was broken down and return vents were rusty. I am bald but there was plenty of long blonde hairs in the room for me to make a wig. Yuck....Maybe the Brown family (owners) should take a walk through for themselves. I doubt they would be satisfied...or maybe they would.

This was the greatest rip-off I have experienced and I am from Missouri....the Four Seasons "Showed Me" what a fool I was to stay with them.

My total bill was $548 and the front desk could not explain 2 of the 3 taxes. I checked my statement online and the Lodge charged my card $620, another hassle.

Save yourself some money and grief and avoid the Lodge. They are existing on fake legend.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank STLCarib
Reviewed June 23, 2007

After hearing some good things about this hotel, we were fairly excited about our weekend stay. Unfortunately, we were constantly disappointed.

First, besides a few staff members, the service is horrendous. One day we waited for over 50 minutes for our lunch at a near-empty restaurant only to recieve really disappointing food. Soaked in butter, slopped together...yuck.

If you are not staying in the main area of the lodge (right by the clover shaped pool - look out.) My husband and I were given a smoking room with 2 double beds, when we asked for a non-smoking, king. They switched us to non-smoking, but the rooms in the other portions of the lodge are run down, small and cramped.

When you check in do NOT accept their complimentary coupon book!!!! They say nothing about it, just sort of show you a pamphlet with a few 10% off coupons in it when you check it. We sort of forgot about it and never used it once. When we went to check out we had a mysterious "GSF" fee of $6 a day on our bill. When my husband asked about it, they said, "Oh, that's the coupon book." My husband said we never used it, nor asked for it. The woman never looked up from her computer, just typing away, like she could have cared less. After getting no where, we both stormed out. Nothing like being taken for a ride...

I REALLY would not stay here again. It was just a simple weekend trip, and I wasn't expecting the Ritz or the JW Marriott, but come on! The only positive thing was the spa. Be careful, as gratutity is included in all services, but that was the best part of our stay by far.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank lynne35
Reviewed May 8, 2007

Went to the Lodge last weekend with my husband, and it was pretty disappointing. Not as nice as I remembered it from the last trip I took there (probably 10 years ago). Parts ot the hotel were very run down (unfortunately, the wing we stayed in), and our room had some bugs in it.

Also, we didn't realize that check in is not until 4 p.m., and we arrived at 11 a,m. My husband had e-mailed the day before our trip to inquire about early check in. He didn't receive a response until the day AFTER we got back from our trip. Not much help at that point. No one at the front desk seemed to care that we were getting increasingly upset about not being able to check in. No one went to any trouble at all to see if they could find another room, or in fact, make any effort whatsoever to help us.

We finally left the resort altogether and went out around the lake. When we got back at 4, our room was ready.

The Japanese garden was beautiful, but overall, our trip was pretty disappointing. I would definitely NOT stay at the Lodge again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
#13 of 15 in Osage Beach
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!