1,229 results
All reviewsspa shikijapanese gardenmovie theaterlobby barview of the lakeget awaymain poolmemorial day weekendfull kitchenmini fridgefire pitnice resortoff seasonfamily vacationgolf courseavilahk
Reviewed September 12, 2010

1st night stayed in Seasons Bay. They have taken down all drapery and put up cheap white plastic blinds. Turned out lights to go to sleep, and you could have read a book in the room! Called front desk, not once, but twice. Finally they said they would send someone out to undo lightbulb. They never showed after 30 minutes, so husband undid lightbulb. STILL to light to sleep! Next morning asked to be moved. They moved us with no problem. Next room much better.

Resort hasn't been updated in a long time. Jetted tub in 2nd room was at least 20 years old! Draperies lining peeling off. Just not top notch!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
MoFord, Carl Clark -Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2010

Thank you for choosing The Lodge of Four Seasons, I do want to explain the light situation. We have had several comments about how dark it feels at Seasons Bay so we decided to enhance the lighting and we made an error enhancing the balcony lights and have since corrected that error by going back to the other type of bulb that we had been using. I do apologize that we caused you a challenging nights rest.

Reviewed September 7, 2010

We recently stayed at this resort for the holiday weekend. I went for a more expensive room based off the previous reviews sounding like the older rooms are in some need of improvement/repair. We stayed in the Avilas and overall had a good experience. Below I have listed things out under pros/cons:

Pros: The room is overall comfortable with a nice bathroom that had a one-person Jacuzzi, a separate shower, separate toilet room, and a TV. They shot off fireworks one night and we were able to watch from our balcony, which was nice. The room service food is very good. The hotel staff are all very nice and accommodating. The Avilas are away from the main lodge, which translates in to being away from all of the noise, which is nice. They will pick you up to take you to the lodge if you can’t walk downhill on the path to the lodge.

Cons: The “free wifi” does not reach to the actual rooms. You have to go down the hall to the main entrance to get a signal. There is wired access in the room that we did not try. The towels are general hotel towels, which I expected something more luxurious/nice for the type of room we had. The hotel charges at 20% gratuity to all foods and spa services, which kept me from actually using the spa. I like having the option to tip based on the actual level of service I receive. We did splurge and get room service once which was a pretty penny but still good food. They also charge a ten dollar resort fee every day that supposedly provides you with “complimentary” amenities, but really nothing of benefit. The bed is generally uncomfortable, but the bedding is average.

If I had a choice of staying at this place again or another B&B or hotel, I would probably stay elsewhere. The price is just too much for the Lake of the Ozarks and I have a more quiet and peaceful time at the area B&Bs for less money and actually have a breakfast included.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank acts221
MoFord, Carl Clark - Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2010

Thank you for the comments and Thank you for the continued visits with us at The Lodge. I do want to apologize that we fell short of your expectations with your last visit. Thank you for your comments and for choosing The Lodge of Four Seasons.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

As part of an extended family gathering/reunion, we stayed in the newer Avila condos. While it was acceptable in most respects, there were several glaring problems that cause us not to recommend a stay there. From the outside, the structure is well-constructed with a nice view overlooking the lake. Inside is where the illusion breaks down.
The centrally-located elevator smelled of fish on the day we arrived, although by day 2 it was replaced with a cloying, almost sinus-burning cover-up fragrance. There was a dead cricket in the corner that remained there for out three-day stay. The girls named him Floyd.
Inside the room, which is divided into a standard king-sized bedroom and attached bathroom (with both a large shower and jetted tub) and a separately-keyed full kitchen and living room with queen-sized sleeper sofa, the carpet was in severe need of a cleaning (and this was observed in all of our rooms occupied by the family). We never could get the air conditioner to work in the bedroom, so it was a good 10-12 degrees warmer in there, with no fan to move the air around. However, there was a ceiling fan on the balcony, which did nothing for the air in the bedroom. The promised wireless internet only worked for a few hours during our stay, so one of family had to set up a secured network using their laptop as a work-around.
In three days, we say the cleaning crew one time, and all they did was hand us 3 clean towels, pick up our used towels, and take a bag of trash. No cleaning was ever done of the room during the three days. For these sort of prices, you shouldn't have to bag your own trash, wash your dishes, and set up your own wireless signal.
Although we didn't make use of the on-site restaurants, due to the high prices and mandatory gratuities, we did make it down to the one indoor "spa" pool, which was decidedly not kid-friendly, with a minimum depth of 4 feet, and half the pool was 8 feet deep. The posted rules said "no one under 18 in the hot tub", but there were unsupervised children in the hot tub and no one said anything. I told my kids that rules were rules and didn't allow them to use the hot tub. (Instead I let the use the jetted tub in the room and wear the Four Seasons robe).
The main lodge services were fun from what I hear. The nightly free movies ("Avatar" and "Up", which we had both seen recently), the night fishing off the docks, and the Sunday night fireworks were great according to family members who went to them. The lodge staff were friendly and professional. I really wish we had stayed in the main lodge, because the Avila residences seemed remote, lacking in services, and just not family-friendly. It needs its own pool.
All that being said, we make our own fun, adapted to the lack of comforts and services, and still had a good time. I love the Lake of the Ozarks, I just wish the promised level of amenities for this price range had been provided.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Kent D

Thank you for choosing The Lodge of Four Seasons for your families get away. I want to assure you that every one of the issues that you have report have been reviewed with the staff. The issue that you had with the pool, I do understand how that is a little unfriendly for small children but we do have 3 outdoor pools on property 1 of which has an area that is just for the younger children with water only 1 foot deep. Again thank you for choosing The Lodge and Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

I have had better rooms at a Holiday Inn than at this place. I will not waste my money here again. The door to our room was so stuck that I had to kick the door to get into the room. Everything is small, the beds the room, the bathroom... The walls are thin, and the door is thinner. We could hear the people in the next room and everyone in the halls. The a/c in the next room made something rattle in our a/c which was very annoying. We had a great view of the roof of the lobby. The deck barely held two people. A parking spot close to the hotel was hard to find.

The restaurant was good, kind of pricy. The best thing about the resort is the people. They were very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
MoFord, Carl Clark - Vice Presdent of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2010

I am sorry that our rooms were not to your liking. Our staff should have noticed a problem with the door long before your stay as well as the A/C problem. These items have been discussed with the appropriate departments to help insure that another guests do not encounter the same issues that you had. I do want to thank you for your comments as we take every comment very serious as we strive to maintain a high level of customer service at The Lodge of Four Seasons.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

We had a great stay at the Lodge. The golf was really fun. Such a pretty area of the Lake and not to far away from things to do. We found a web site that helped us get around the Lake as this was our first time. We used www.hereandnear.com on our iPhone. We ate at the Blue Heron up the road and it was not that great IMHO even though it was highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
MoFord, Vice President of Operations - Carl Clark at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2010

Thank you for choosing to spend your time with us at The Lodge of Four Seasons. We appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again in the future.