“Great Stay”

Lodge of Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This was the second time staying at the Lodge of the Four Seasons and haven't been dissappointed yet. The view from the Large Room was beautiful watching the sun set over the lake. Comfortable room. Super Friendly staff. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
MoFord, Carl Clark Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2009

We are thankful for your comments. Your description of your visit is what we strive for with each and every guest. Thank you for taking the time to write. Your posting is wonderful news to share with our staff...please visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Lodge of Four Seasons

Reviewed September 26, 2009

I stayed in the Season's Bay building, and yes -- it's old, but the room was very clean. Once the A/C kicked in (albeit kind of noisy) the room temp was fine -- no extra humidity. No one screwed w/my bill. Checkout was easy and the service was great.

You have to remember that this is a lodge at one of the largest lakes in the country -- it is rustic -- not the Bellagio... Didn't eat there, so can't say how the food was. The spa, however, was outstanding. I plan to return at least once a year.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with The Lodge of Four Seasons. The staff here is committed to creating the type of experience you described...and to earning your return. It is our intention to create "an escape" for our guests. With so much to offer, we are pleased to see that you were able to take advantage during your stay. Spa Shiki is a wonderful feature to our offerings. Again, thank you for your feedback. We value your opinion!

Reviewed September 14, 2009

My wife and I had always wanted to take a trip to Lake of the Ozarks. Over the years, we'd heard lots of good things about the area as a relaxing vacation destination. So, for the Labor Day 2009 weekend, we set out to Missouri. I broke my own rule in choosing Lodge of the Four Seasons... the one about never booking a room that the hotel isn't confident enough in to show you a picture on its website. Our room was a junior suite in the main lodge area. The lobby was nice enough and our check-in process was smooth so I had a positive thought until we walked to the elevator area. Standing next to an indoor waterfall, I began to sense a level of dampness and mustiness that I generally associate with the basement of an old house. It wasn't outrageous, but it was the first sign of trouble. The room... well, let me just say it was reminiscent of the newlywed suite of your local Howard Johnsons circa 1984. Maybe some new paint, carpet and bedding... but otherwise, straight out of the 80's in style and function. The bathtub was so gross that my wife and I chose not to use it on the 2nd day and just waited till we got home to shower. The porch had spiders and we were forced to keep the porch door closed because our neighbors were using their porch as a smoking lounge which meant the second hand smoke was blowing straight into our room (my pregnant wife loved that). One of the big selling points of the room "package" that we received was free breakfast. Well, the food reminded my of a college dorm cafeteria. While fine and certainly edible, it was not the kind of meal you expect at a resort. We avoided all the other food on the site after experiencing breakfast. The wife and I were pumped to check out and be done with Lodge of the Four Seasons but they did have one treat left. They overcharged us $50 on the bill. My wife (who majored in math) questioned the bill and the staff initially told her the bill was accurate. I'd of left it at that but my wife is a persistent lady and asked the clerk to explain all the fees on our bill. After he explained all the fees and added everything up (a 20 minute process)... sure enough they were very apologetic and agreed to refund over $50 to our credit card. No real explanation for how their "system" made such a mistake. At that point, my opinion about Lodge of the Four Seasons went from mildly amused at its lameness to fairly irritated that not only was the place a dump but they tried to rip me off and were kind of dismissive of my wife. So, needless to say, I can't recommend the place to anyone but if you do go there... check that bill closely!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rextremendous

Let me start by stating how deeply our staff regrets the experiences you had with us recently. There have many discussions that have taken place with various departments throughout the resort as a result of you having taken the time to alert us to the numerous shortcomings during your stay.

As a result of your feedback, we have taken corrective steps, including the recent upgrade to our breakfast offerings in Breeze's. Your thoughts are taken seriously and we do hope you will, at some point, return to give us another opportunity to create the memory you should have left here with. Your opinion matters to the staff and ownership of The Lodge of Four Seasons. Again, we thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know where we can improve. We do apologize for your experience.

Reviewed August 25, 2009

We had a girls weekend and decided to stay at the Lodge. We were met at the entrance with a bell hop pleasantly waited for my friends to load up the cart with more than luggage, and assisted us to our room and helped unload our necessities. Justin Taylor stopped by occasionally to make sure everything was to our satisfaction and made sure he was available if we needed anything. My friends and I had a wonderful time "just hanging out". The clientel, and everyone was so accomadating. It was beautful, clean and our rooms were next to the beautiful pool. We would recommend the Lodge to anyone coming to the Lake of the Ozarks. We plan on returning next year. Sallie Brotherton

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
MoFord, Carl Clark Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2009

Ms. Brotherton Thank you and your friends for choosing The Lodge for your girls weekend. We strive to maintain a high level of customer service and comments like yours let us know where we stand on that particular goal. We look forward to serving you in the future and once again thank you for choosing The Lodge of Four Seasons.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

Upon arriving to the Lodge we noticed the fabulous view from where the hotel is located, the lake, trees, and landscaping. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and well kept. It is obvious that a lot of work goes into them. Gentlemen greeted us at the door, holding it open for us. Once inside, you can't help but admire such a classic hotel. The lobby is warm and welcoming. I noticed the clean smell the entire time we stayed there. I noticed many staff members cleaning, not only the rooms, but the common areas as well. The front desk was very helpful and checked us in fast and without any problems. We also received some coupons for use at the hotel restaurants, golf course, spa, etc. I room was perfect, with a wonderful view, comfy bed and clean, clean, clean. The cleaning staff on our floor (4) were super nice and friendly. We also enjoyed breakfast at the Breezes restaurant, yummy! Overall, we couldn't ask for a nicer weekend away for relaxing, etc.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and for choosing The Lodge of Four Seasons for your weekend get away. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities during your stay with us. The Lodge strives to be the destination resort, no reason to leave once you arrive. Thank you again for choosing The Lodge.

Reviewed August 17, 2009

I stayed at The Lodge with friends for a weekend away from the city and it was incredible. Reservations prior to the trip were a breeze. Upon realizing I was going to arrive late, I called to inform the front desk and they pre-checked me in so I would have the best room/view available. THAT was very impressive and greatly appreciated.

Upon arrival, actual check in was very quick. I love the lobby of this resort. It's beautiful with a kind of nostalgic noble elegance about it. Although The Lodge is a lake original, it's still a great place and has quite a history. Our room was great. It had a nice lakeview, was large and was very clean. It had great lake charm, with an updated interior. I am a very clean and picky person and had zero complaints about the room. Yes, there are some spider webs on the balcony. It's close to a huge lake with a wooded landscape. Expect it ANYWHERE at The Lake.

The pool area is fantastic. The cloverleaf pool has a great little place - the Parrot Bar. Drinks were incredibly strong, which was a good thing. We were given vouchers for 2-for-1 drinks at any resort bar. $6 for two strong drinks was great. The lobby bar is also fun in the evenings with live music.

The grounds at The Lodge are beautiful. The staff was always willing to provide excellent service. Parking is good.

A note about the bad reviews...
I wonder if many of these people have never been to The Lake. It's a lake. It has a very charming nostalgia about it...and resorts like The Lodge and some other competitors still keep that. If you want a typical chain hotel with white walls and the same lamps from coast to coast, then go for it. The Lodge is an original, family owned Lake landmark. Expect a great vacation with relaxing pools, lots of things to see, nice rooms and impeccable service.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vista600
MoFord, Carl Clark Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2009

Thank you for choosing The Lodge as your destination for your groups weekend get away. We strive to maintain high standards in both customer service and facilities to provide each of our quests a quality resort experience. Based on your comments we were successful in doing that. We thank you for your comments and look forward to serving you and your friends in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2009

Three teenage girls and I stayed at the Lodge last weekend while on a trip to the Lake to the outlet mall. The Lodge is upscale, but still comfortable. We had a great room with French doors that led to a terrace for $129. The outdoor pool was fun and I thought it was a nice touch to have an outdoor bar where people can get drinks and snacks without having to go back and forth to the room.

We had dinner at HK's. The food was excellent, but the atmosphere was really stuffy. We felt like we shouldn't even be talking, it was that quiet. With the number of young couples there and the fact that there is a night club in the hotel, I thought there might be some more informal type of venue for dinner. I also thought it was a little cheesy to have a woman playing piano in the lobby bar when the Chiefs and the Cardinals were both playing on TV. The games were being shown, but I don't know how anyone could watch them with old-people piano music in the background.

Because it rained, we were unable to take full advantage of the outdoor pool. I was very disappointed to find that the indoor pool wasn't open.

We had breakfast at Soleil in the morning, which was quick, easy and tasty.

The hotel is beautifully landscaped and decorated and it's obvious that the family who owns it takes great pride in it. I would like to come back and check out the spa sometime.

The staff, from the bellmen to the desk clerks to the nice lady working alone at Soleil, were very friendly and still professional. The staff at HK's were a little too stiff, but they fit in with the restaurant's overall too-serious atmosphere.

The only other negative thing is that the hotel is extremely humid, partly because of the waterfall. It's lovely to look at, but maybe they need to update their HVAC system to compensate for the extra humidity it creates.

Overall, it's a very nice place and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and for choosing The Lodge. Our management team has reviewed your concerns and is working on solutions. We strive to maintain a high level of customer service and comments like yours assist us with that. Thank you again for choosing The Lodge.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Ozark
#13 of 15 in Osage Beach
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!