“Girls' Weekend”

Lodge of Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Spent a long weekend with some friends from high school at Lodge of the Four Seasons. We enjoyed laughing and catching up as we relaxed around the pool. The room was clean but small. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Met our needs for a long weekend away with friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris F
There are newer reviews for Lodge of Four Seasons

Reviewed August 28, 2014

I just returned from a conference at this resort...had stayed here years ago. The experience was pretty good. My room was a little dated but the view was amazing! Looking out over the lake each morning with my cup of coffee could become a habit!!! There was a dead cricket in my bathroom...but those babies are hard to control. The tub/shower needs to be remodeled...very old and hard to clean. I did get some attitude from the woman at registration but the man was very helpful and nice. The main pool was a very fun experience but there had been a small storm the day before and there was still tons of leaves on the bottom. The restaurant was exceptional...we sat at the bar and the lady that was the bartender was amazing. Very nice and helpful. Lots of fun things to do and close to outlet mall and other shopping. Overall it was a pretty positive experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank juliev412002
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is a long review. We just returned today, so while everything was fresh I wanted to write about it.
I and my husband stayed one night Aug 25-26 at the Lodge of Four Seasons. It was a trip on a whim for my birthday. We got there around 5pm yesterday and there were no lines to check in. We didn't make prior reservations as we couldn't decide which room to book. The older lady at the check-in desk (Debbie) was very polite and nice and answered all of our questions and helped us decide on the room. We wanted a room with a good view of the lake with a balcony, but Avila luxury suits were a little too pricey for us. So we got a room on the fourth floor at Season's Bay. My husband mentioned it was my birthday, and Debbie offered champagne service to the room (which was complimentary). About 5-10 min after we got to the room, champagne was brought to us, which was very nice start of birthday celebration.

Now about room and parking. The resort is pretty big and there are lots of parking spaces, we never had any trouble finding a parking spot. It was very easy to navigate around the resort and the map is provided at check-in. The room was somewhat outdated - old furniture, tube TV. Furniture looked a little mismatched. Regarding the cleanliness - I didn't see any dust or mold anywhere, however the shower curtain was wrinkled and had some small stains, small stains on some walls, and the ceiling of the bathroom by the door, some stains on the bed skirt and very weird yellow (from stains and just probably very old) bed comforter. The bed comforter was actually hidden between two white sheets and it was very thin. My husband likes it cold with AC at night, so I like warm comforters. There were 5 pillows on the bed all different shapes and of different softness (again mismatched). One pillow did have some black stains on one side. On the other hand, the balcony was very nice with a beautiful view. There were 2 chairs there and we did spend a little time sitting there. Couple more things about the room - the AC is pretty loud. I tried watching a little TV before I fell asleep and couldn't hear much unless I really turned the volume up. There is no refrigerator or microwaves in these rooms. A refrigerator would have been nice. We bought some bottled water and bottled tea, and my husband filled the sink up with ice to keep them cool over night. There is a coffee maker in the room, but it's missing a glass pitcher inside. We called service from the room phone to acquire about this and were told to just use the two coffee cups. Well, we wanted to make some tea (I'm a big hot tea drinker). And usually hotel rooms have a selection of coffee and tea (decaf and regular), so our room had coffee but no tea bags. My husband ventured off to the main lobby to see if he can find some tea anywhere. He was pointed in the direction of the bar. There they charged him $2 a bag for two regular tea bags. Later that night we went to the closest gas station and purchased a box of 16 Lipton tea bags for $1.99... Yea, this part was a little disappointing.

On a good note, this resort has a lot of activities to offer. They even have a free movie night (family movie at 7pm - cartoons mostly, nightly movie at 9pm). We didn't watch movies but I thought that was kind of cool. There are 3 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool and 1 big indoor jacuzzi that fits 20 people. And there is Spa Shiki (massages, facial, pedi/mani).The clover leaf pool (the largest one) has a small waterfall and kids love it, there is also an adults only pool and another pool but the Season's Bay where we stayed. Maybe due to the fact that we were staying Monday night, there weren't many people out in the pools at all. We actually had the pool all to ourselves in the evening, and in the morning. There is also a small garden and a koi pond. The landscaping was really beautiful at this resort. You can also play golf or tennis. All the activities are within a walking distance, but there could be quite a few stairs. We loved the Marina at this resort. Ben (the captain) was so helpful and super nice. We were going to rent a jet ski on Monday evening for an hour, but found out for Missouri residents born after Jan 1 1984, you have to have a boaters license to rent any watercrafts (except the paddle boats). So my husband stayed up most of the night taking the online course to obtain the license, so we could rent the jet ski the following morning. And we did it, spent an hour out in the lake - it was the best part of the whole trip and so worth it.

Now I want to talk about the food options. I'm sorry this is a lengthy review. But I wanted to give a full picture. Breakfast is not included with your stay (which is uncommon nowadays). There are 2 places at the resort where you can get breakfast - Breezes (mostly breakfast buffet and also open for lunch) and Soleil (was described to us as something similar to Starbucks). We went to Breezes for the buffet around 8:30am. I was surprised to see that it wasn't busy. The buffet food wasn't that good, I really expected more choices and fresher and better tasting food at such a resort. We were charged $15 per person and my husband barely touched his plate (mainly couple pieces of fresh fruit) and no seconds of course, I did have a muffin (first thought it was a banana bread muffin, but no it wasn't). We wished we would've gone somewhere else to have breakfast. The night prior we went the recommended HK's restaurant on site and ordered 2 fillet mignons to be brought to the room. We were going to stay and eat there but it was a little too cold in the restaurant due to AC. It is pricey there and the menu really didn't have a good selection. Since it was my birthday we decided to splurge and get the fillet mignon. We were told it will take 25-30 min and it will be delivered to the room. 55 mins later we called and were told that chef has overcooked our steaks and is working on our order right now. 5 min later (1 hour after ordering) the food finally arrived. They also brought some ice cream with it (complimentary for birthday and I guess to apologize for the wait). The guy who delivered the food said it was only a second day on the job for this chef and he was very apologetic about the wait. Fillet mignon was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious, but that's what we expected especially splurging $38 per person. Also anytime you order anything to the room, they automatically charge you 20% gratuity fee. It turned out to be close to $100 dinner for which we had to wait for an hour. Good thing we were at the comfort of our own room, instead of me freezing in the restaurant for an hour. Our suggestion is to eat outside of the resort. Food is pricey, the quality not always the best.

At the end the checkout was very quick and easy. You have to check out by noon. No extra weird charges, everything to the point. I think we would try another resort next time, or splurge and stay at Avilla suit with 2 flat screen TVs and the full kitchen and eat outside of the resort.

Room Tip: Season's Bay rooms are small and outdated. Stay in the Main Lodge or splurge on an Avila Luxury...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank oyz88
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We returned to this resort for a wedding almost 30 years after taking our oldest daughter there as a child. It hasn't changed much and brought back fond memories. The Ridges golf course was great to play and staff there and at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel needs some updating however as carpets were old and discolored in spots. Pool and pool bar were great fun and relaxing. Views over the lake are amazing. We enjoyed walking the grounds and recalling our past trips there. Food was good but not great. I hope we can get back to the Lodge again soon-not some 30 years later.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Very a five star resort but probably the best hotel option at Lake Ozark for families with kids (mine are 1 and 6). Rooms are spacious and clean. Pool is fine although the staff at Parrot bar should be more friendly. The breakfast is ok. There are very good restaurants at the hotel and nearby. You can rent a boat from their marina for a reasonable price. All in all it was a good weekend experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RafaelSTL
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I took a week off of work to get away and chose to stay at this resort. When we checked in we asked for recommendations on things to do, places to eat, and sites to see. The front desk told us about everything on the resort grounds but had no clue on anything off-site... not helpful. Housekeeping woke us up at 8am every morning- and as 2 people who are workaholics, we were not happy with the fact that we were not able to sleep in on our vacation. The comforter on our bed was stained and we asked housekeeping to replace it and received one that was even dirtier than the last... gross! Our paitio door didn't lock, and since we were on the main floor, I didn't feel safe. They sent someone to come fix it and he told us just to close it tight and use the chain lock and go out the other door... again, not helpful. We did end up renting jet-skis one day that was a lot of fun and the people working down at the marina on the resort were great. Very friendly and helpful. The bartenders at the pool side bar were very friendly and great to talk to. Unfortunately, I asked for one of the drinks on the menu and the bartender told me their boss created all these drinks but did not provide them with the ingredients to make them. Oh, and dont plan on eating outside, you will be attacked by flies!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed for four nights in the suites and couldn't be happier! There are so many great family activities to keep everyone busy. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. We can't wait until we can visit again!!

• Stayed: July 2014
#13 of 15 in Osage Beach
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!