We spent two nights at this resort in July 2014. We had an atrium room in the main lodge. The room was very dated. It was not as clean as it should have been. There were dirty spots on the chair and carpet. There were crumbs on the floor under the edge of one bed. There was a stain on one sheet. Two flies were buzzing around the room when we got there.
After being gone almost all day after our first night we returned and the room had not been cleaned. After asking at about 4:30 p.m. we at least got fresh towels and the garbage emptied but the floor needed to be vacuumed and went undone.
The first night there was a wedding reception. You could hear the base of the music throughout our building. The bed actually vibrated with the noise. You would think the resort might limit noise or require it to end by 11:00, but it went on until almost midnight. When I said something about it at checkout, the desk was not even apologetic. Apparently all the guests who were not connected to the wedding were less important than the reception.
The main areas of the building were nice but mostly dated. Certain otherwise attractive areas, such as an interior waterfall were cheapened by the fact a hose and large fan were just left out in plain view. The Japanese Garden, which is touted as having rare plants, is nice but did not live up to the resort's advertising. The vast majority of the plants were pretty but not at all unusual.
The resort itself and everything there, from the items in the shops to the food is overpriced. A nice men's shirt in the shop was $118. The breakfast buffet, not much different than free breakfasts at many hotels was $15.00. It was like staying at Disneyworld only this is not close to the same caliber as Disneyworld.
For what this resort charges and the way it touts itself it was a disappointment. I would not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge of Four Seasons has recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation after having served guests since 1964. The waterfront resort features championship golf courses, an award-winning spa, marina and beautiful Japanese gardens, as well as the breathtaking views of the Lake of the Ozarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Lodge of Four Seasons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge Of Four Seasons Hotel Lake Ozark
- Lodge Of 4 Seasons
- Hotel Of Four Seasons
- Lodge Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Lake Ozark
- Lake Ozark Four Seasons
- Lodge Of Four Seasons Lake Of The Ozarks, MO - Lake Ozark