This resort is definitely a travel back in time, but that's not necessarily a good thing. I'm sure when it opened it was an incredible place, but they're relying too much on that 30+ year reputation.
The rooms need some serious updating. They are small for the price, furnishings are old, and the bathrooms tiny. They don't even have pay per view service on the TV. In fact the TV was an old tube set. They haven't even put flat-screens in.
As far as things to do, they have a marina where you can rent boats. They also have a couple of pools and a pool side bar. They also have a movie theater. That's about it. In other words, there's nothing for kids to do other than the pool, which is a problem. A competing resort, Tantara, has a bowling alley, a game room, a water slide, horseback riding, and a movie theater so there's plenty for kids to do. 4 Seasons has none of that.
The food at the hotel is ok. The steak is really good and the the burgers are good as well. Other than that, the other offerings are ok.
They also have a good course but I can't rate it because I don't play golf.
Overall, I wouldn't recommend this place, and I definitely wouldn't recommend it for families with children. Simply put, it was old and boring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge of Four Seasons has recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation after having served guests since 1964. The waterfront resort features championship golf courses, an award-winning spa, marina and beautiful Japanese gardens, as well as the breathtaking views of the Lake of the Ozarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Lodge of Four Seasons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge Of Four Seasons Hotel Lake Ozark
- Lodge Of 4 Seasons
- Hotel Of Four Seasons
- Lodge Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Lake Ozark
- Lake Ozark Four Seasons
- Lodge Of Four Seasons Lake Of The Ozarks, MO - Lake Ozark