“Old and Boring...Needs Serious Updating”

Lodge of Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This resort is definitely a travel back in time, but that's not necessarily a good thing. I'm sure when it opened it was an incredible place, but they're relying too much on that 30+ year reputation.

The rooms need some serious updating. They are small for the price, furnishings are old, and the bathrooms tiny. They don't even have pay per view service on the TV. In fact the TV was an old tube set. They haven't even put flat-screens in.

As far as things to do, they have a marina where you can rent boats. They also have a couple of pools and a pool side bar. They also have a movie theater. That's about it. In other words, there's nothing for kids to do other than the pool, which is a problem. A competing resort, Tantara, has a bowling alley, a game room, a water slide, horseback riding, and a movie theater so there's plenty for kids to do. 4 Seasons has none of that.

The food at the hotel is ok. The steak is really good and the the burgers are good as well. Other than that, the other offerings are ok.

They also have a good course but I can't rate it because I don't play golf.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this place, and I definitely wouldn't recommend it for families with children. Simply put, it was old and boring.

1  Thank Jackomoipa
jtaylor1975, Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Jackomoipa-

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate any and all feedback, obviously we were disappointed that we didn’t meet your expectations. I am surprised you found our resort to be boring with all the amenities we offer including a full service marina, Spa, 36 holes of golf, 4 swimming pools, adventure club (for kids), resort activities, movie theater 3 restaurants, night club, tiki bar etc. In addition, we are in final stages of selecting a designer for upcoming renovations. If you’d like to discuss your stay please feel free to email me at jtaylor@4seaonsresort.com or call at 800-843-5253. We do hope for the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Lodge very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

While I will say it's not ideal for a large business meeting it was a beautiful old hotel with character. It it located on the lake and if I ever need to disconnect and spend a long weekend this is the place. It's not plush but it is quaint ! The rooms were priced and sized appropriately. It was clean but dated.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Keith K

Keith K-

Thank you for choosing The Lodge of Four Seasons to host your stay. We appreciate your efforts and we hope for your quick return.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed here for a conference in June, which is high season for Lake of the Ozarks. The room we had was nice, and had lovely new beds with the white comforters which were very contemporary. The room was clean, but the sliding glass door out to the lackluster deck was so difficult to open that we only went out once to look at the partial lake view and then struggled to get it closed. My biggest problem with this resort is it always had a good name and it's really positioned to be a four star hotel, but it's suffering from neglect. You can see that they have probably had problems for a long time, as they are making the mistakes that places do to keep from bleeding money. One of my biggest complaints is the lack of food service. If you can't find food at the resort, you have to drive somewhere to get it. (This is a huge hassle as parking at the resort is difficult.) The available food is from a breakfast and lunch restaurant which is pricey ($16 breakfast buffet) or the little snack bar that microwaves a sausage biscuit for you. (Combine that with a medium cafe mocha and you've spent $10.) The one restaurant there is an expensive venue ($$$) with poor service. (People in our group spent over an hour waiting for their food.) We probably had the best deal because we ordered a hamburger ($12) at the pool bar and it was delicious. (Of course, we were so starved we would have eaten our flip-flops in another hour!)

As to the conference, they have ample conference space and the rooms are nice. They provided water at the meetings and didn't make us buy pricey bottled water (thank you!) The luncheon buffet was DISGUSTING! Salad that was just iceberg lettuce and Mayfair dressing (only choice), cold pizza, unseasoned chicken breast over plain spaghetti, and soup that tasted like water. When you don't have other options you have to eat it, but I wish I hadn't.

One footnote: We had late checkout, but our meeting continued through the afternoon. We left our luggage with the bellman, got a numbered receipt, and went back to the meeting. When we came for our luggage, it was GONE! Seems a woman saw our luggage and told the bellman it was HERS! He obviously didn't ask for her tag and loaded our luggage in her van. Luckily, she hadn't left and we were able to find it. Really scary, and it speaks to the fact that their staff is made up primarily of high school kids and there doesn't seem to be much supervision. Again, not a saving when you want to provide decent service. I wish this place would invite Anthony Melcori (Hotel Impossible) to help them re position this diamond-in-the-rough.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view away from the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Suzanne C

SuzanC2315-

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are celebrating 50 years of hospitality and are still under the same ownership since we opened. With that said I don’t think its fair observation to say that we need to have Anthony Melchiorri (Hotel Impossible) to come to our hotel.

We take any and all feedback very seriously and have shared your comments with all departments. In addition, the prices you mentioned are for our breakfast buffet are also not accurate. We have food available throughout the resort 24 hours a day so I’m confused as to why you had trouble finding it. We serve breakfast and lunch in Breeze’s Restaurant from 6:30am to 3:00pm. We also have a grill down at our pool bar from 11:30am till 5:30pm. Soleil’s our sidewalk café is open from 6:00am till 5:00pm serving soup, salads, and sandwiches. The Lobby Bar is also available with an affordable menu from 3:00pm till 10:00pm. HK’s Restaurant opens at 4:00pm till 10:00pm, and finally a late night menu is available through the front desk.

If you would like to discuss your stay please feel free to email me at jtaylor@4seasonsresort.com or call us at 800-843-5253. Thank you again for your efforts, and we do hope for the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Lodge very soon.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This place is super dated. Which normally would be fine, but there were several hairs on the bottom of the shower mat (GROSS) and the carpet was not clean. Thank goodness I brought extra socks.

We had to stay on the bottom floor by the pool. People were talking in normal voices and we could hear every word they said. Our door was right across from the pool entry and
we heard the noisy door every time it opened.

Maybe I expect too much...but at the bare minimum I expect things to be clean. What a disappointing place to go to for your first anniversary.

1  Thank Bmm20141

Bmm20141-

Thank you for submitting your review regarding your recent stay at The Lodge. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I sure hope you gave us the opportunity of correcting your stay. If the room was not satisfactory we could have moved you to another location that was. If you’d like to discuss your stay please feel free to email me at jtaylor@4seasonsresort.com or call us at 800-843-5253. Again, thank you for your review and we do hope you will give us another chance.

Happy Anniversary,

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Lake of the Ozarks is a beautiful place and the Lodge of Four Seasons I believe once was. It is a mediocre place at best. Perhaps it is due to the economy of the past 6 years that has taken its' toll but I believe it is a combination of things. The facility needs a MAJOR facelift in both the public areas and the private rooms. This includes mattresses, pillows, bathrooms, furniture, doors, carpet, drapes....everything. I did like the built in night light the entire room door provided as the light for the hallway entered the room from the entire perimeter of the door.
The facility is dark imn the public areas.
The entire staff needs to be trained much better to provide a guest experince should be much better than a 1 night stay at at a $39.99 per night motel. Overall, I was very disappointed with my 3 night stay. I believe that the Lodge perceives themselves as a 4 or 5 star property but sadly I perceive them as a 3 at best.

Room Tip: Main Building and higher floors will provide a view of the lake facing east
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dfwsig-

Thank you for taking the time out to review our property. We truly appreciate any and all feedback. We would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations we will be sure to share your review with all the staff. We are in the process of selecting a designer to upgrade the facility and we will start renovations soon. We do hope for the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Lodge of Four Seasons in the not so distant future.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This resort has been family-owned for 50 years. Though there is some minor wear and tear, it somehow adds to the charm. The Lodge remains the top spot to stay at the Lake. The views are phenomenal from nearly every room. There are multiple indoor and outdoor pools, an impressive gym, dock, and beautiful greens. Overall, a nice place to getaway and unwind.

Honeymooners_811-

Thank you so much for your very kind review. You are correct we are 50 years young this year and have remained in the same family since the beginning. Thank you for supporting us through the years and we will be certain to share you kind review with the staff.

Best,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

It was very clean and the staff were vert polite and courtesy. Staff made sure that all my needs were met and were very helpful in getting me to the right area where were I was suppose to go. I do plan on another visit to the Lodge. The rooms were beautiful and the view was outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Pat C-

Thank you for staying at The Lodge of Four Seasons and for sharing your feedback. We were very pleased to read that the staff took care of your needs and that you plan to return soon. We will be sure to share your kind reviews with the staff.

Kindly,

Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!