1,228 results
All reviewsspa shikimovie theaterlobby barget awayview of the lakemain poolmemorial day weekendfull kitchenmini fridgefire pitnice resortoff seasonfamily vacationgolf courseavilahkatrium
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This property has a great location and creates a great impression when you walk into the lobby, which looks great. From the valet to the person at the front desk, the service level was top notch. If this was any indication of what the rest of my experience would be like, I was in for a treat. However, that was not the case. This hotel seems very old, and that was particularly evident in my room. Totally outdated everything and though it was clean, it looked like something you'd find in a roadside motel.

The hotel bar looked nicer in the picture than in person, and the cocktails were terrible (I tried two) and be assured the Mai Tai on the menu, is not an actual Mai Tai. It's actually orange juice with rum and orange liquor or something, but definitely NOT a Mai Tai. The food was also not very good. I had a hamburger, and the meat tasted strange to me. Maybe this is something peculiar to the area, as a hamburger at another restaurant tasted similar, but in any even, I really didn't like it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Brent T-

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Lodge of Four Seasons. We appreciate any and all feedback as without comments like yours we are unable to improve our product and services.

In addition, we have shared your comments about your burger with our Executive Chef who will be looking into your concern of taste. I have also instructed our Beverage Manager to review the recipe of a Mai Tai with all our bartenders. Once again, we do appreciate your feedback and we can only hope for the opportunity of hosting your future stay again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2014

met with a smiling young man eager to help you check in. was treated like the only guest. would recommend strongly to anyone who is near the area to visit and stay awhile. close to restaurants and golf. shopping a little bit farther.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Bhilde-

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. We appreciate you and your gracious comments. We will be sure to share with the young man at the front desk. We know who you are talking about. Thanks again, and we hope to have you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2014

When you are feeling the pressures of life,book a Bay Lake View room. As soon as you are greeted you will feel the care and true experience of feeling special. As you walk into your room you will be at peace. Walk to the door to the balcony and look at the view, you will know this is exactly what tou needed. You can get good deals and it is worth every bit snd more.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Cami J-

We are so grateful of the wonderful review you shared from your recent stay with us at The Lodge of Four Seasons. Thank you for taking the time to share and we can’t wait to have you back!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I booked the lodge for a few days with the intention of using Spa Shiki and just relaxing for a mini vacation, and completely forgot to read the reviews before I made reservations. Had I read them, I would not have booked with the hotel. Most of the reviews are true. This place may have looked great a few decades ago, but it doesn't look like much has kept up throughout the years. I stayed in the main lodge with a view directly overlooking the boat dock. The bed felt like one of those that you can get for a hundred dollars, as I can feel individual springs underneath my body. Curtains, bedskirt, and furniture are all outdated. On a positive note, there was a refrigerator (though it didn't keep very cold) and the room was big with large doors opening out to a patio. The room was not very quiet. I couldn't control the temperature in the room so I opened one of the patio doors at night to let cool air in. The air/heater noise was noticeably loud whenever it came on, the toilet would make flushing noises often, and I could hear something similar to a golf ball being dropped from the room above me every now and then even if there weren't any cars parked outside during this slow season. I must admit I am not a very heavy sleeper either. The spa area was really nice with infrared sauna and steam rooms to use (you'll have to pay a certain amount to use the facilities if you are not getting any treatments done). Treatments were ok, as I have had better services in other states. The good thing about my trip was that I found a great little microbrew a few miles down the road (Horseshoe Bend Brewing Company) with some tasty beers. Check it out, they also make pizzas there. I will probably not come back to the lodge next time, but I also hear there is a "newer area" to book a room in vice the "old area" where I stayed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank GoooBruins

GoooBruins-

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize that we didn’t meet most of your expectations and if you weren’t satisfied with your accommodations I hope you gave us the opportunity to at least fix the issues you had. If you’d like to discuss you stay I would be interested what room you stayed in so we can address the issues mentioned. You can email me a jtaylor@4seasonsresort .com. We have and are continuing to update the hotel as this is a continuous process that never stops. Again, please accept our apologies and we do hope for the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Kindly,

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We went to LOFS for a three day weekend getaway. Upon check in the staff was very friendly. We got to our room, and we were not impressed. It was very dated and not at all what we were expecting. But we decided not to let it get to us. The property is beautiful and all the staff is very friendly and courteous! The lodge isn't far from the outlets, and in a great location! Despite the rooms, we will definately go back (just will request a room on the renovated side)!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Mommyof2gurlz-

Thanks so much for your kind review and your recent business with us. It is always so helpful when someone points out great staff experiences. We will make certain they are aware of your thoughts and comments. Thanks again for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,