“The BEST place for a proposal”

Lodge of Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Columbia, Missouri
“The BEST place for a proposal”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My fiance and I had gone to The Lodge of Four Seasons for the first time last year during the holidays. It was such a wonderful time, that I decided to have the Lodge be the location where I would have my proposal. As soon as I decided on the Lodge I called the event coordinator at the Lodge of Four Seasons and she instantly started brainstorming ideas with me. She told me that I should come and meet with her and so we could tour the best locations for the important event. Before meeting with her, I had already had an idea in mind, however, she showed me a PERFECT location for the proposal (The Escollo Room). She and the staff completely set up the room specifically for the proposal. They removed all of the tables except for one, put linens over the table and chairs, placed candles on the table, had the fireplace lit, had a waitress come start the music for us and bring us champagne after i popped the question. EVERYTHING went perfect. I would recommend the winter time because the Lodge of Four Seasons is not very busy during those months, and so you will have a lot of energy spent on you and your special event.
The Lodge also gave us many surprises throughout our stay which made our stay so enjoyable. I will not share with you the extras that they provided just because I don't want anyone to be expecting them but they made us feel so special, important and made it extremely romantic. My fiance said she would not have changed one thing from the weekend.
One other note: The winter time deals are too good to pass up. There are discounts on the room rates and free breakfast for two during selected months. (Choose one drink, entree, and side and its fantastic food!) They also give discounts on the HK's restaurant which serves very tasty food as well.
All in all, I highly recommend the Lodge of Four Seasons for a winter time proposal or just vacation. Very reasonably priced during the winter months and it is not very busy during those times.
Hope your proposal or vacation is as wonderful as ours was.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Cody A-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. Wow, what a weekend you had while with us. We are very appreciative for you choosing The Lodge to spend such a special occasion. We will certainly pass your comments on to the staff that worked so hard to make sure your weekend was perfect. We can only hope you book your wedding with us!

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Lee's Summit, Missouri, USA
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We love coming to the Lodge! This was our 5th trip within 2 years. Birthdays, anniversaries, just get aways are great there! We went swimming in the inside pool, and watched a free movie at the theater. We received free dessert for my partner's birthday. It was fabulous! Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Marty T-

We love you too!!! Thank you for choosing The Lodge of Four Seasons for your special occasion destination. We truly appreciate your kind review and we will be sure to share with all the staff. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Warm Regards,
Houston Tx
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times, and it was always excellent. We are staying for New Years 2013/14 and something has happened.

When we checked into our one bedroom suite, the highest dollar room they have, we found one drinking glass in the cabinet. 6 wine glasses, 6 coffee cups, one water glass. I called and asked for more and was told sorry, you only get whatever is there! So we had to go buy plastic cups for our top dollar suite.

Today we ordered room service, the pasta dish. The sauce and vegetables were excellent, but the noodles were "glued together". We could pick up all the noodles with a fork, as one giant glutinous mass. This is cooking you expect from your 12 year old, not a fancy resort. It was inedible.

Then my wife called for a shuttle to go down to the main building for her appointment at Spa Shiki. She called 45 minutes before her appointment because the desk said give them 5 or 10 minutes, and the spa wants her there a bit early to relax and get in the mood.

After 25 minutes I called again. They said it was a mistake and the shuttle would be right there. After another ten minutes she gave up and walked down. She took her phone so she could call me in case I need to drive down and get her back up to the room.

While she hiked down to the main lodge, I called the Spa to tell them they would have to reschedule 30 minutes later - as she now didn't have time to prepare. They couldn't locate her appointment and then hung up on me!

After 45 minutes had elapsed, the front desk called the room to say the shuttle was waiting outside. Hopefully by this time my wife was getting her massage, well that is if the spa could locate her reservation after she hiked down.

Any one or two of these things we wouldn't worry about, we don't expect perfection, but this is very disappointing service, particularly after our previous experiences were excellent.

The rooms are still superb and the lodge itself is absolutely breath-takingly lovely and the staff are wonderful people, extremely nice, just don't seem to be very competent. They aren't going to charge me for the pasta, but money isn't the issue. Their prices are very affordable, and I wouldn't mind paying twice the price if the pasta was cooked right. They got the veggies and whatever sauce they dump all over it just right, but the noodles - no way did anyone competent look at it before they sent it up to our room. Not only was it inedible but we almost split a rib laughing at the mass of noodles stuck together, we honestly wondered how they got it from the pot to the plate. Maybe they hired 12 year old cooks who have never cooked anything as complex as boiling egg noodles before.

I don't think I'll be coming back until I see a few rave reviews and know they are back to the old standard.

Room Tip: Bring water glasses and food or check for later reviews than mine. Perhaps the "good" sta...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
DPLew-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. We appreciate any and all feedback as without your efforts we are not able to improve in the areas you described. With that said please accept our apologies as you know from your several stays with us in the past that this isn’t the norm. I have discussed all areas of opportunities with each of the department involved. If you would like to discuss your stay please feel free to reach out to me at jtaylor@4seasonsresort.com or by phone at 1-800-843-5243 ext. 8085. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to The Lodge very soon.

Warmest Regards,
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Four of us stayed in a one-bedroom suite for Christmas. We had a kitchen and fireplace. We really enjoyed our stay. The sofa-bed wasn't very comfortable, however, and the pool had too much chemicals put in it. However, we still had an enjoyable stay and would come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tom W-

Thank you for selecting The Lodge of Four Seasons for your special holiday get-a-way. We have noted the chemicals in the pool and we will be sure to share with our facilities director. Thank you again and we hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Kind Regards,
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed December 30, 2013

It was December and cold. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub areas. Music from Spa was soo relaxing. HK's bar and restaurant service was very relaxing and the view was unbelieveable. During our stay, there were two wedding parties. The hotel staff managed to keep everything running smoothly without compromising the hotel guests relaxation and service. Very well done! I was so impressed when the registration staff remembered our names and greeted us each time we walked past. Very impressive.
We didn't utilize the golf courses during our stay, however, they looked perfectly manicured and challenging.

Room Tip: Clean rooms.
Joyce B-

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for being our guests. We truly appreciate your kind words and we will be sure to share with all the staff that you encountered.

Best,
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed at the Lodge of the Four Seasons for a conference in October 2013. I was excited because I had enjoyed the resort when I stayed there with my parents 20 or so years ago. Well, sadly, the resort hasn’t changed much since I was a kid. Don’t get me wrong, it’s an ok resort, but it definitely shows its age and needs some renovations.

The part of the resort that I stayed in was Season’s Bay, which I quickly discovered has no elevators and is separate from the main lobby, hotel, restaurants, indoor pool, spa, and conference area. I’m sure it would be fine in the summer when the outdoor pool is open, but it was an unpleasant realization in some really cold and windy weather, with a small child and heavy luggage that I had to drag down several flights of stairs.

When I first walked into my room, it looked really nice and updated like a Cape Cod cottage kind of feel – very cute; however, upon closer inspection, the place was filthy! Not just a little dusty dirty – disgusting dirty, like they didn’t even try. Since I was only staying a couple of nights, I tried not to think about it and move one, but it wasn’t an easy task when I kept noticing more and more every time I turned around. The bed ruffles on both beds had dark brown stains on them (think it may have been coffee splatter), there was dust on every surface (excepting the desk, nightstand and vanity), blinds were broken and the closet door was off its track. There was food clearly visible under the TV armoire, so they clearly didn’t vacuum and the interior side of the patio door had black foot prints all over it. The bathroom was tiny and the vanity was in the main room, which I later discovered made for a tricky situation when I had to brush my teeth and blow dry my hair while my husband and child were sleeping in the same room. The bed sheets were paper thin and the room keys worked sporadically due to the cold weather, which is really annoying when you’re rushing to get in because it is …cold outside! More importantly, there was absolutely no wi-fi in any part of Season’s Bay, nor any type of cell signal. This was a huge problem for me as I have my own business, but obviously need to remain in constant contact to be successful.

I can definitively state that I will never, ever stay at Season’s Bay again. I blame myself for not asking the appropriate questions before my husband booked the room, but then again, who would have ever expected to have to lug their bags up and down multiple flights of stairs or have ask for a clean room. I cannot speak to the condition of the main hotel rooms or the condos, since I did not stay there, but I would assume that the same housekeepers would be employed throughout the resort, so I would probably skip staying at this resort overall until some major changes occur.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty with stairs or walking long distances, be sure that you book a room in the ma...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MooreFamilyPhxAZ-

Thank you for taking the time to share your October stay at The Lodge of Four Seasons. First and foremost we would like to apologize for your negative experience while with us. I certainly hope you were able to share your stay with one of our managers prior to your departure. If at any time you felt the room wasn’t what up to your expectations we would have been happy to relocate you to alternate accommodations or to be sure you were comfortable in the room you were in without moving you. Seasons Bay are the rooms that sit adjacent to the lobby about 500 feet from the front door. In addition, there are ramps that go to the lower floors which you could avoid the stairs. We also have bell staff on 24 hours a day that would have been happy to assist you to your room so you wouldn’t have to struggle with your luggage. If you would like discuss your stay please feel free to reach out to me at jtaylor@4seasonsresort.com or call the Lodge at 1-800-843-5253 ext. 8085. Thank you again and please know we do hope for the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Kindly,

Travelers are raving about these Lake Ozark hotels

Odessa, Missouri, Usa
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Fantastic stay!! Enjoyed every moment. The staff went way out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful stay during our anniversary. HK's dining was excellent!. We had terrific steak and very tasty appetizers. The front desk staff went out of their way to send us a bottle o wine for our special day.

Dan F-

Thank you for spending such a special occasion with us! We truly appreciate your efforts to share your experience while with us. We will be sure to pass your comments to all the staff.

Happy Anniversary,
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 13 in Lake Ozark
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!