“OK...if you don't mind staying in filth”

Lodge of Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
“OK...if you don't mind staying in filth”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed at the Lodge of the Four Seasons for a conference in October 2013. I was excited because I had enjoyed the resort when I stayed there with my parents 20 or so years ago. Well, sadly, the resort hasn’t changed much since I was a kid. Don’t get me wrong, it’s an ok resort, but it definitely shows its age and needs some renovations.

The part of the resort that I stayed in was Season’s Bay, which I quickly discovered has no elevators and is separate from the main lobby, hotel, restaurants, indoor pool, spa, and conference area. I’m sure it would be fine in the summer when the outdoor pool is open, but it was an unpleasant realization in some really cold and windy weather, with a small child and heavy luggage that I had to drag down several flights of stairs.

When I first walked into my room, it looked really nice and updated like a Cape Cod cottage kind of feel – very cute; however, upon closer inspection, the place was filthy! Not just a little dusty dirty – disgusting dirty, like they didn’t even try. Since I was only staying a couple of nights, I tried not to think about it and move one, but it wasn’t an easy task when I kept noticing more and more every time I turned around. The bed ruffles on both beds had dark brown stains on them (think it may have been coffee splatter), there was dust on every surface (excepting the desk, nightstand and vanity), blinds were broken and the closet door was off its track. There was food clearly visible under the TV armoire, so they clearly didn’t vacuum and the interior side of the patio door had black foot prints all over it. The bathroom was tiny and the vanity was in the main room, which I later discovered made for a tricky situation when I had to brush my teeth and blow dry my hair while my husband and child were sleeping in the same room. The bed sheets were paper thin and the room keys worked sporadically due to the cold weather, which is really annoying when you’re rushing to get in because it is …cold outside! More importantly, there was absolutely no wi-fi in any part of Season’s Bay, nor any type of cell signal. This was a huge problem for me as I have my own business, but obviously need to remain in constant contact to be successful.

I can definitively state that I will never, ever stay at Season’s Bay again. I blame myself for not asking the appropriate questions before my husband booked the room, but then again, who would have ever expected to have to lug their bags up and down multiple flights of stairs or have ask for a clean room. I cannot speak to the condition of the main hotel rooms or the condos, since I did not stay there, but I would assume that the same housekeepers would be employed throughout the resort, so I would probably skip staying at this resort overall until some major changes occur.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty with stairs or walking long distances, be sure that you book a room in the ma...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
MooreFamilyPhxAZ-

Thank you for taking the time to share your October stay at The Lodge of Four Seasons. First and foremost we would like to apologize for your negative experience while with us. I certainly hope you were able to share your stay with one of our managers prior to your departure. If at any time you felt the room wasn’t what up to your expectations we would have been happy to relocate you to alternate accommodations or to be sure you were comfortable in the room you were in without moving you. Seasons Bay are the rooms that sit adjacent to the lobby about 500 feet from the front door. In addition, there are ramps that go to the lower floors which you could avoid the stairs. We also have bell staff on 24 hours a day that would have been happy to assist you to your room so you wouldn’t have to struggle with your luggage. If you would like discuss your stay please feel free to reach out to me at jtaylor@4seasonsresort.com or call the Lodge at 1-800-843-5253 ext. 8085. Thank you again and please know we do hope for the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Kindly,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Odessa, Missouri, Usa
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Fantastic stay!! Enjoyed every moment. The staff went way out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful stay during our anniversary. HK's dining was excellent!. We had terrific steak and very tasty appetizers. The front desk staff went out of their way to send us a bottle o wine for our special day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan F-

Thank you for spending such a special occasion with us! We truly appreciate your efforts to share your experience while with us. We will be sure to pass your comments to all the staff.

Happy Anniversary,
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had the pleasure to stay at the Lodge at Lake of the Ozark for a Knights of Columbus function. What a wonderful 3day 4 night stay it was! Everything at the Lodge is superb. The room was comfortable and extremely clean. The bell staff extraordinary. The front desk- helpful and friendly. We enjoyed everything about the place. The warmth of the lobby fire, and the puppet show for the children. Thank you everyone at the Lodge for such an enjoyable experience. If you are looking for the best at the Lake, This Is It !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Atrium are very nice and the parking at the back is very convenient
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jalayne M-

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind thoughts about your recent stay at The Lodge of Four Seasons. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves. Thank you for your patronage, but most importantly your efforts.

Warm Regards,
Fort Leonard Wood
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The overall stay at the Lodge of the Four Seasons was just superb. The customer service at the front desk was excellent. I stayed the night their for our last military ball and the service and room that was provided by the Lodge was extraordinary. When I walked into the room, the essence it gave me put a smile on my face. I was more than satisfied with the quality of the room and the leisure it gave me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jyoo317
jyoo317-

Thank you so much for your kind review and your recent business with us. It is always so helpful when someone takes the time to point out great staff experiences. We will make certain they are aware of your thoughts and comments. Thanks again for you patronage, but most importantly your service to our country.

Kind Regards,
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Staying at the Lodge of Four Seasons is always a treat, but it is really great staying there for Thanksgiving. They host a fabulous Thanksgiving day Buffet in HK's. The food is excellent, and there is almost an infinite menu of items from which to choose! The Lodge is all decorated for Christmas, and it is so cozy with the central fireplace in the main lobby. They even had carriage rides this year. And I always enjoy the hot tub and indoor swimming pool.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Greg G
Greg G-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. Mr. G. we appreciate your continued loyalty to the Lodge and we look forward to each and every visit. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Everyone was very pleasant it was very enjoyable stay all around, and you served our needs promptly.
We really enjoyed the big HOT TUB....The room was extra large for our meeting, the refrigerator worked out great. the extra chairs were promptly delivered. the room was clean. Joe's pizza was a great serve. Everything was well thought out to make your guests comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
humlicek-

Thank you for your kind words and great review of your recent stay at The Lodge of Four Seasons! We will look forward to your return…

Alton, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed during a cold weekend, just to shop and it was a great stay, everyone was nice and the room was comfortable and the meals were great! We had a coupon package I had purchased so I am not sure if we would flip for a full price for a stay on a weekend here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sherie G-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Lodge of Four Seasons. We truly appreciate your kind words and hope you will return soon to see us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Ozark
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
LakeHouse Hotel
LakeHouse Hotel
#1 of 15 in Osage Beach

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!