“Attempted to hide all issues w/ a free drink at the bar.”

Lodge of Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
“Attempted to hide all issues w/ a free drink at the bar.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

stay 8/9-11
pros:
good location
3 pools, though 2 in need of TLC

cons:
-attendants outside tell you one thing to do with vehicle...they walk inside, another scolds you for doing as advised. question the matter and it's not his issue.
-time to check in. oh, nope. conference the day before and their running behind. understandable. please come back in 30 mins. again not a problem except for we didn't get the room for another 3.5 hours.
-shower head from my first apartment(guessing)
-piles of dirty towels throughout the hallways w/ bags of trash and other items awaiting to be removed. this was not just our floor either. nothing done with first visit to front desk. 2nd visit with photos on my phone of the hallways they finally got to their messes, 47 minutes later.
- removed all towels w/ turndown service after first evening. 3 trips to front desk in attempt to acquire replacements.
-all railings throughout main lodge feel as though you will tumble through
-sweet 19" zenith CRT television ca. 1990
-dirty patio door...lots of smearing/smudges
-bartender of lobby bar extremely nice...but extremely slow and aloof. we'd watch many walk away as she would disappear for a bit in the middle of preparing a beverage. we did so as well before we ended our stay.
-excuses from staff for everything and exceptionally slow to respond if at all.

verdict:
don't bother. Spend your mini vaca where you'll not have tons of little things nagging you as you try to relax.

• Stayed August 2013
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Bryan L-

Thank you for submitting your review regarding your recent stay at the Lodge. We would like to apologize for your poor experience at our property. We do have a lot of convention business at our property with our check out time being at 11:00am. With that said we have a small window of opportunity to turn the hotel for check in time which begins at 4:00pm. If you were wanting an earlier check in we can only guarantee that if the room is purchased the night before. We apologize for the hallways being in disarray, but again we have to remove dirty linen, trash etc. We typically have everything clear from the hallways no later than 5pm. If you would like to discuss your stay feel free to email me at jtaylor@4seasonsresort.com. Please know we value your business and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Sincere Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I felt it was expensive for the room we had .problems with the sliding door it had no rollers and was very hard to open. It's a beautiful place but needs improvements. no fridge in the room it was a large room there was a place for it. the lunch we had at the restaurant was very good

Room Tip: we stayed in the main lodge some of the newer buildings might be better
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
cindy249-

Thank you for traveling to the Lodge! We appreciate the time you took out to share your stay. We are in the process of working towards updates to the hotel and we have just finished up with a couple of areas including meeting rooms and most recently our Lobby Bar. We appreciate your patience but most importantly your patronage. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kindly,
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 10, 2013

To be fair, there was a rainstorm at the Lake of the Ozarks prior to my arrival. Also, there are four separate buildings where one can be accommodated; I can only speak for one (the Seasons Bay complex). That said, there is no excuse for this property to be in the shape that it is in, and the Four Seasons should take a hard look around and start a serious refurbishment project in order to bring this property up to standard.

I attended a work conference for three days at the Lodge of the Four Seasons. This is supposed to be a resort property, and is located approximately three miles from the main road. As such, one needs to have transportation in order to explore the surrounding areas and visit the various shops and restaurants.

As stated, there was a rainstorm prior to my arrival, and I found it rather disconcerting to enter the main registration area and find that the roof was leaking in multiple places – from the front desk area all the way back to the ballrooms where the conference sessions were held. This, however, is not the first rainstorm this property has endured, nor will it be their last. One rainstorm would not have caused the roof to leak in the manner in which it did, which indicates to me that the roof simply has been neglected. Trash cans of all sizes were used to catch the falling water, and the cans were full of trash. And no, the full trash cans cannot be blamed on the conference participants, as the conference had started 15 minutes before my arrival, and breakfast for the participants was held in a separate building.

My room was located in the Seasons Bay complex (approximately 200 feet from the main lodge) which reminded me of an old rickety wooden campground rather than upscale accommodations. The complex was three stories with ramps and stairs used to access the rooms (I never saw an elevator). A person with mobility issues would need to be very careful, as should they access the wrong floor, the only way they can get to their room is to turn around, go back to the edge of the complex, and start over. Not convenient at all.

The ramps and flooring outside of the rooms were covered with old, dark indoor/outdoor carpeting. The carpeting was nasty, with what looked like green mold all along the edges. Honestly, it was gross.

I was assigned to Room #2354. The room had two double beds and a porch with two chairs that overlooked the lake. The outdoor porch was the room’s only redeeming feature, as the furniture in the room was old and dated, and the bathroom was the same way (toilet, shower…and the grout lines in the shower were black). There was a gaping hole in the mesh screening between the room and the porch that measured approximately 14 x 3 inches. The sheets on the bed were obviously used a few too many times, as, while clean, they no longer could be secured on the bed. I am not a restless sleeper by any means, yet each day I that arose from the bed, the sheets were no longer covering the mattress.

Then there was the matter of the remote control for the television, which had not been cleaned since I don’t know when (I actually placed tissues around it in order to use it)... the tub that would not drain after my shower…and the room’s telephone which was non-operational.

Finally, there was virtually no Wi-Fi for almost the entire time I was there. Absolutely none in my room, and very spotty connections at the main lodge. All of this (and the lack of telephone service) was blamed on the storm, but after three days, that excuse got very old (and it must be noted that while overcast, it did not rain during my stay there).

I did not eat in any of the hotel’s restaurants, as lunch was provided. I also drove into town for dinner.

I found the staff to be very friendly, and Theresa, at the front desk, addressed the problems of the non-draining tub and nasty remote control. When I returned to my room, I found that both of these issues had been resolved. Overall, though, the Lodge at the Four Seasons will never have to worry about a return visit from me, as the accommodations to which I was assigned were really sub-par.

Room Tip: Insist on a room in the Main Lodge; hopefully it will be better than the Seasons Bay complex.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MsCleo2313-

Thank you for providing us with your very descriptive details of your stay with us over last week. It goes without saying that we were saddened to read your review. What I can say without asking for sympathy is the Lake of the Ozarks had torrential down pours of rain which caused damage not only to the Lodge, but to several other local businesses in the area. In addition, lightning struck our telephone building which took out our telephone system. This system encompasses several thousand extensions in which there is no such thing as over-nighting a part. On a positive note we are in the process of installing a new system which is very sophisticated and we should resume business as usual very soon. Lastly, the WIFI was also affected by this storm, but since has been resolved. We appreciate your patience while with us, and please know this was not a typical week for the Lodge. We do hope for the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Sincere Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Lake Ozark hotels

St. Louis
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I came here for a conf. for work. I have a room with two double beds in the atrim. The air conditioner does not work. Its a muggy day and is only 78 in teh room and that is with is running full blast all day!
When i arrived i have my doubt that the room was cleaned. Hair in the bath tub and on the bathroom floor, I opened up the closet to hange my slacks to find the extra bedding in there was just thrown up on the shelf as it who ever was here before used it and they did not bother to clean it.
On the 5th floor where our conf. was held the roof is leaking due to rain. So we had to dodge rain drops in that area.
The halls and rooms are old and out dated. The light switch in the lamps do not work.
I called the front desk asked to be move they told me there were sold out however i was able to call from and outside number and was told they did have rooms available.
The staff is friendly that is about the only positive thing i can say

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
twinsn3-

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent visit to the Lodge. We apologize for not meeting your expectations and we have shared your review with the housekeeping personal. We were sold out for the conference you attended. Not sure who you spoke with that would have said we had availability when we had been sold out for quite some time. We have talked with our front office team and they were unable to move because all rooms were occupied. We do keep housekeeping and maintenance personal all day and evening who I hope got your issues taken care of quickly.

The leaks you were referring to did get resolved. The Lake of the Ozarks received torrential amount of rain in a very short amount of time. This causes an abundance of water all at once with nowhere to go which caused a few leaks in the building. The conference was affected very little as we were in touch with the meeting planners throughout the event.

Please know we do appreciate your patronage and we can only hope for the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Kindly,
Jefferson City, Missouri, Usa
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay at the lodge for a little getaway. We had a great time at the Parrott bar and by the pool. HK's brick oven pizza was awesome too! I would recommend staying in the Seasons Bay rooms to have a view of the lake and a private pool

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
russell341-

Thank you for choosing the Lodge of Four Seasons to host your getaway. We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I could agree more about HK’s Pizza! Please plan to return soon.

Regards,
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was a perfect venue for my fraternity pledge class 45 year reunion. Our somewhat rowdy group of about 20 received excellent service in all categories. The lodge facilities were beautiful and perfect for the occasion. All of the staff provided outstanding service, and the servers in the bar, dining room, and cafe provided great, fast, cheerful service, including providing separate checks each time for our large group without problem or complaint. I had not been to the Lodge since about the 1970s when we moved from Missouri but it was a most pleasant and welcome return!

Room Tip: room facilities vary, e.g. some have refrigerator and some not, so be sure to inquire about specific...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
dpf7777-

How nice of you to share such nice comments about the property and staff. Thank you for taking the time to share with other travelers. We hope to have you back before sooner than your last return visit.

Thanks again,
Canton, Ohio, Usa
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Make sure you plan your stay to take advantage of all the amenities. It was a great experience and wish I would have had more time. Location was a little far from KC, MO where we flew into (approx. 3 hours). I would look into a closer airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Karen G-

Thank you for traveling to the Lodge of Four Seasons. I couldn’t agree more that we are a bit distant from Kansas City. Please know that in the future Delta Connection flies into Columbia Regional airport which is quite a bit closer than KC. We appreciate your kind review and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Regards,
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
LakeHouse Hotel
LakeHouse Hotel
#1 of 15 in Osage Beach

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!